The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 07-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,151
It's the order of Australia

https://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honou...alia.cfm#medal


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 07-23-2016, 10:14 PM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
thank you
with the lighting it looked like a family order studded with diamonds in the pic that's why i was confused .
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 07-23-2017, 02:22 PM
Bryce's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Etobicoke, Canada
Posts: 90
For the recent Spanish State Dinner...

For the recent Spanish State Dinner...

Prince Philip wore the breast star or The Order of Charles III and his Garter star. It is hard to see in most of the photos but a bit easier is you watch a video of the Royal progression into the ballroom for the State Dinner.

Prince Charles wears his star of the Order of Charles III and his Garter star.

The Duke of Cambridge wears his Garter and Thistle stars.

Prince Harry wears his star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic and his star of the Royal Victorian Order. (see below)

You can also see a quick glimpse of The Duke of York wearing two stars - most likely the Order of Isabella the Catholic and his Garter star.

I am having trouble with The Princess Royal. I am pretty sure that she is wearing the star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic at the state Dinner, but I am not sure if she is wearing her Garter star.

Surprisingly, at the Guildhall dinner the next night, The Princess Royal is wearing her Garter sash and the star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic but NOT her Garter star. Perhaps it is too uncomfortable with all of those pointy stars??!! (see below) EDIT - Found a picture where you can see both stars worn by the PR. I would have been surprised if she had got this "wrong".

Here is a link is PP at a previous Spanish stare visit
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harry star.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	300652   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA3.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	300653  
__________________
Cheers !
Bryce
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
For the I am having trouble with The Princess Royal. I am pretty sure that she is wearing the star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic at the state Dinner, but I am not sure if she is wearing her Garter star.

Surprisingly, at the Guildhall dinner the next night, The Princess Royal is wearing her Garter sash and the star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic but NOT her Garter star. Perhaps it is too uncomfortable with all of those pointy stars??!! (see below)

Here is a link is PP at a previous Spanish stare visit
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
Anne wore 2 stars. You can see them on your pic.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 07-23-2017, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
Prince Philip would be wearing the breast star or The Order of Charles III and his Garter star. It is hard to see in most of the photos but a bit easier is you watch a video of the Royal progression into the ballroom for the State Dinner.

Prince Charles wears his star of the Order of Charles III and his Garter star.

The Duke of Cambridge wears his Garter and Thistle stars.

Prince Harry wears his star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic and his star of the Royal Victorian Order.

You can also see a quick glimpse of The Duke of York wearing two stars - most likely the Order of Isabella the Catholic and his Garter star.

I am having trouble with The Princess Royal. I am pretty sure that she is wearing the star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic at the state Dinner, but I am not sure if she is wearing her Garter star.

Surprisingly, at the Guildhall dinner the next night, The Princess Royal is wearing her Garter sash and the star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic but NOT her Garter star. Perhaps it is too uncomfortable with all of those pointy stars??!!

Here is a link is PP at a previous Spanish stare visit
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Here is The Princess Royal at the Guildhall
Thanks, Bryce !

I wonder though why, both on the state visit to Spain in 1988 and now on the state visit from Spain in 2017, Queen Elizabeth II chose to wear the insignia of the Golden Fleece on the Dame's ribbon bow rather than wearing it with the collar of the order as, if I am not mistaken, Queen Beatrix and Emperor Akihito are doing in the linked pictures, May it be because the collar is heavy to wear ?

BTW, here is a link to a well-known painting in the Royal Collection depicting Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha also wearing the necklace insignia of the Spanish Golden Fleece with his Garter star . Apparently, according to this explanation from the Royal Collection website, Queen Victoria could not receive the order herself as the Golden Fleece at that time could not be awarded to women. Prince Albert then received the order as the Queen's consort and was invested by the Duke of Wellington, who was a Knight of the Golden Fleece himself and acted as a proxy for the young Queen Isabella II of Spain.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 07-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Bryce's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Etobicoke, Canada
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Anne wore 2 stars. You can see them on your pic.
Thanks Spheno

I edited my original post and picture later when I found a picture that showed both stars. Looks like the picture changed but not my post. I'll try to re-edit.
__________________
Cheers !
Bryce
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Bryce's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Etobicoke, Canada
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Thanks, Bryce !

I wonder though why, both on the state visit to Spain in 1988 and now on the state visit from Spain in 2017, Queen Elizabeth II chose to wear the insignia of the Golden Fleece on the Dame's ribbon bow rather than wearing it with the collar of the order
Maybe since everyone else is "collarless" HM felt this was a more appropriate option?? And you are right - it must be more comfortable without the collar which I am sure is weighty.

Thanks for the info re Victoria's / Albert's granting of the order...quite interesting!
__________________
Cheers !
Bryce
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-24-2017, 08:51 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,042
They are no Golden Fleece collar for Ladies in the Spanish Order.
When the 3 reigning Queens will pass away, their Insignia has to go back to the Order. Their Heirs being Men , their Consort will haver have the Golden Fleece.

For the Austrian Order, only granted to Catholics, I don't know is Empress Zita wore once the Order.
The Habsbourg ladies wore an Insignia with a black Ribbon. I forgot the name of the Order but know that the Archduke Karl , actual Chef of the House never granted this Order to his wife.
I am very interested in sashes and Orders .Many thanks for youy threads. MO
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
They are no Golden Fleece collar for Ladies in the Spanish Order.
My first reaction was also to assume that ladies don't wear the collar, but, as I posted above, it seems to me that Queen Beatrix is clearly wearing it here .

Take note also of the following video.

Quote:
For the Austrian Order, only granted to Catholics, I don't know is Empress Zita wore once the Order.
The Habsbourg ladies wore an Insignia with a black Ribbon. I forgot the name of the Order but know that the Archduke Karl , actual Chef of the House never granted this Order to his wife.
I am very interested in sashes and Orders .Many thanks for youy thread
As far as the Spanish order is concerned, I know the first non-Catholic who got it was the Duke of Wellington (for his role in the Peninsular War), but, afterwards, the Spanish Golden Fleece has been awarded to several Protestants, Orthodox Christians (e.g. the Russian Tsar) and even non-Christians recently (e.g. Thai and Japanese monarchs). Did the Spanish Crown get a special dispensation from the Pope, or do they simply not care as the religious origin of the order has been lost/ forgotten anyway ? The Austrian branch of course sticks to the old rules (i.e no women, Catholics only, etc.).
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 07-24-2017, 11:28 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,042
yes , a brand new Golden Collar for Queen Beatrix, thanks for sharing it.
In Belgium King Baudouin had the Spanish order and his Brother Albert Prince de Liège the Austrian one. When the King of Spain came on State Visit in 2000 He gave to King Albert Ii the Spanish Order , So I thnik He is the only one Monarch to have both.

You said and are right Empress Zita did not have the Austrian Golden Fleece (only for men) but she was Greatmaster of the Order of the Starry Cross. She was followed by Archduchess Regina and now Archduchess Gabriela who is a Divorcee.

I thought it should have been the Head of the Order's wife , but that was not His Will
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 07-24-2017, 11:36 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,042
In Belgium our First Order is the Leopold Order with no Collar.

For Albert Prince de Liège's Wedding himself and his Father Leopold III wore the collar black necklace of the Order of Malta and the Leopold Order's Sash . No Uniform.

One Year later King Baudsouin at his Wedding wore the Collar of Isabelle la Catholique on his brown Uniform, sad he did not had a Gala Uniform.

Years later after 1965 when Queen Elisabeth passed away a picture taken in Germany or Austria is often shown because Princess Lilian wore the Cartier tiara. On this very picture Ling Leopold III is wearing the Order of the Golden Fleece.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-24-2017, 02:04 PM
JR76's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post

You said and are right Empress Zita did not have the Austrian Golden Fleece (only for men) but she was Greatmaster of the Order of the Starry Cross. She was followed by Archduchess Regina and now Archduchess Gabriela who is a Divorcee.

I thought it should have been the Head of the Order's wife , but that was not His Will
The Order of the Starry Cross is only handed out to Catholic ladies from royal families or from the highest nobility (Princess Michael is a member). The reason for Archduchess Francesca not receiving the order is that her antecedentia isnt deemed prominent enough.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
They are no Golden Fleece collar for Ladies in the Spanish Order.
When the 3 reigning Queens will pass away, their Insignia has to go back to the Order. Their Heirs being Men , their Consort will haver have the Golden Fleece.

For the Austrian Order, only granted to Catholics, I don't know is Empress Zita wore once the Order.
The Habsbourg ladies wore an Insignia with a black Ribbon. I forgot the name of the Order but know that the Archduke Karl , actual Chef of the House never granted this Order to his wife.
I am very interested in sashes and Orders .Many thanks for youy threads. MO


That's wrong, all members including women who are Knights of the Order the Golden Fleece receive the insignia of Collar, Necklet and a miniature medal (including bow form for women), women also receive the necklet and miniature medal for when they wear their military uniform but wear their collar and bow form with evening dress or day dress. At the moment there are 4 women who are Knights of the Order, in order of investiture are: Queen Margrethe II of Denmark; Princess Beatrix, Former Queen of the Netherlands; Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and also Infanta Leonor, Princess of Asturias.

In Austria, women except for Empress Maria Theresa I, Holy Roman Empress didn't receive the Order of the Golden Fleece, it would only be awarded to men. The two orders for women are the Imperial and Royal Order of the Starry Cross and the Imperial and Royal Order of Saint Elisabeth, however women could also be awarded with the Imperial and Royal Order of Maria Theresa I and the Imperial and Royal Order of Saint Stephen of Hungary.. with the exception of the woman being a sovereign of a country herself.

The Order which you were referring to is the Imperial and Royal Order of the Starry Cross, there aren't many Dames of the Order as there were in the 20th century before, all daughters of the late Crown Prince Otto and Crown Princess Regina are Dames in 1st Class of the Order by birth, and the Grand Mistress is the youngest daughter Archduchess Gabriela. Archduchess Francesca has also been awarded the Order when she married Archduke Karl, but isn't the Grand Mistress since his accession as head of the Imperial and Royal House of Habsburg
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
yes , a brand new Golden Collar for Queen Beatrix, thanks for sharing it.
In Belgium King Baudouin had the Spanish order and his Brother Albert Prince de Liège the Austrian one. When the King of Spain came on State Visit in 2000 He gave to King Albert Ii the Spanish Order , So I thnik He is the only one Monarch to have both.

You said and are right Empress Zita did not have the Austrian Golden Fleece (only for men) but she was Greatmaster of the Order of the Starry Cross. She was followed by Archduchess Regina and now Archduchess Gabriela who is a Divorcee.

I thought it should have been the Head of the Order's wife , but that was not His Will

Beatrix has had the collar since she was invested as a Knight as all Knights receive the same set of insignia (women also receive a bow)
King Albert II has the Austrian Imperial Order of the Golden Fleece as his daughter married Archduke Lorenz, The Archduke of Austria-Este (he is a grandson of the last Emperor, Emperor Charles and Empress Zita), his nephew Grand Duke Henri, The Grand Duke of Luxembourg is also a Knight with all insignia of both the Austrian Imperial and Royal and also the Spanish Royal Order of the Golden Fleece
As Consort Empress Zita wasn't a Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece, but she was Grand Mistress* of the two orders for women and was succeeded by Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen when she married Crown Prince Otto until her own death
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
In Belgium our First Order is the Leopold Order with no Collar.

For Albert Prince de Liège's Wedding himself and his Father Leopold III wore the collar black necklace of the Order of Malta and the Leopold Order's Sash . No Uniform.

One Year later King Baudsouin at his Wedding wore the Collar of Isabelle la Catholique on his brown Uniform, sad he did not had a Gala Uniform.

Years later after 1965 when Queen Elisabeth passed away a picture taken in Germany or Austria is often shown because Princess Lilian wore the Cartier tiara. On this very picture Ling Leopold III is wearing the Order of the Golden Fleece.

The Collar of the Order of Leopold I hasn't been worn in public for a very long time, the grade could possibly be classed as a former grade
The Sovereign Military Order of Malta has no collar, Prince Albert and his father Former King Leopold III wore their necklets* of the Order due to the Order being Italian and as Paola was Italian, it honoured her nationality.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The Order of the Starry Cross is only handed out to Catholic ladies from royal families or from the highest nobility (Princess Michael is a member). The reason for Archduchess Francesca not receiving the order is that her antecedentia isnt deemed prominent enough.

Queen Anne, Queen Consort of Romania was also a Dame as 1st Class of the Order as was her mother Princess Margaret of Denmark.

Archduchess Francesca is a Dame 1st Class of the Order but isn't Grand Mistress
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Archduchess Francesca wearing her Imperial And Royal Order of the Starry Cross, 1st Class
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9211.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	300964  
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:46 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Royal Orders and Decorations

Archduchess Andrea Wearing the Imperial and Royal Order of the Starry Cross in 1st Class at her wedding
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9218.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	300969
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9219.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	300970


Archduchess Andrea Wearing the Imperial and Royal Order of the Starry Cross at her fathers funeral
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9227.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	300974

Archduchess Gabriela wearing the Imperial and Royal Order of the Starry Cross in 1st Class at her fathers funeral
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9224.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	300971

Archduchess Walburga wearing the Imperial and Royal Order of the Starry Cross in 1st Class at her wedding
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9226.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	300972
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9225.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	300973
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9217.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	300968  
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalJewelish View Post
Beatrix has had the collar since she was invested as a Knight as all Knights receive the same set of insignia (women also receive a bow)
King Albert II has the Austrian Imperial Order of the Golden Fleece as his daughter married Archduke Lorenz, The Archduke of Austria-Este (he is a grandson of the last Emperor, Emperor Charles and Empress Zita), his nephew Grand Duke Henri, The Grand Duke of Luxembourg is also a Knight with all insignia of both the Austrian Imperial and Royal and also the Spanish Royal Order of the Golden Fleece
As Consort Empress Zita wasn't a Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece, but she was Grand Mistress* of the two orders for women and was succeeded by Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen when she married Crown Prince Otto until her own death
Beatrix with the grand insignia: https://www.anp-archief.nl/image/201...ff2610c%29.jpg

Beatrix with the smaller insignia: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4609975938.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Bryce's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Etobicoke, Canada
Posts: 90
Prince Nikolia at CP Frederick's birthday

Can anyone provide a list / summary of the medals worn by Prince Nikolia at his uncle's birthday gala.

Thanks in advance!
__________________

__________________
Cheers !
Bryce
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
decorations, jewellery, orders


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations Warren British Royals 1268 10-09-2018 03:35 PM
Diana's Royal Orders royal_sophietje Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 111 06-22-2016 02:13 AM




Popular Tags
aif antony armstrong-jones australia book british royal family camilla clothes corruption crown princess victoria current events daughter daughters discussão documentary duchessofcambridge duchess of sussex duke of york dutch royal family emma extramarital affairs fashion felipe vi forum general royal discussion genetics germany gloucester hasnat khan iñaki urdangarín juan carlos king felipe and queen letizia current events king philippe king willem-alexander letizia meghan markle monaco patronages piromallo porphyria prince charles prince harry prince harry of wales prince laurent princenapoleon prince of belgium princess beatrice princess claire princess diana princess eugenie pyrmont queen elizabeth queen mary of teck quizz royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal ladies royal wedding siblings soldier state visit surname sweden swedish royal family tony armstrong-jones visit from spain visit from sweden wedding windsor castle windsor wedding



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises