Order of St Constantine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is an order of SS George and Constantine but that was the Greek Royal order. There also is the sacred constantinian order of St. George, which is rather famous. I believe the head of tyhe House of the Two Sicilies was involved in this, but I am not scompletely sure.

This order seems to be fake, I never heard of it anyway and when you read about the 'dynasty' it seems rather shaky.

The 'Order of St. Constantine' holds no status as a secular or religious order of chivalry. It is most likely a re-invention of an order that existed centuries ago (such as the Order of the Temple etc), but fell into non-existence for a variety of possible reasons.

Beautiful website. Wonder who did it? As for the Order, what's happened here is that some guy has found himself distantly related to Royalty and resurrected an old order with titles etc. Now, without blowing my own trumpet, one of my very very very very distant relatives was Charles V of Bohemia. So it would be the equivalent of me popping onto Wikipedia, finding an old Bohemian Order of Chivalry and claiming it to be fully functional with me as the top dog.

Beautiful website. Wonder who did it? As for the Order, what's happened here is that some guy has found himself distantly related to Royalty and resurrected an old order with titles etc. Now, without blowing my own trumpet, one of my very very very very distant relatives was Charles V of Bohemia. So it would be the equivalent of me popping onto Wikipedia, finding an old Bohemian Order of Chivalry and claiming it to be fully functional with me as the top dog.

BeatrixFan - you've got it in one.

Last edited:
Regarding the identity of the Sovereign Grand Master:
John Chapelle Paleologo is a Maltese noble holding the title of 10th Count Ciantar-Paleologo and Prince of Mistra (in Greece). The claim is that the Order became 'discrete' in the 15th century, but that the position of Grand Master has always been passed down to the oldest male heir.

In conclusion, the order is still not a recognised secular or religious order despite this additional information. The Crown upon the insignia is identical to the one seen on the Orders of Military and Civil Merit of Bulgaria (during the monarchy), suggesting a claim of a sovereign house under the Byzantine Empire (which is plainly not the case).

Back
Top Bottom