The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by pdas1201 View Post
Amethyst (1305 carats/261 g.) in a casing with Christian V's name in Gold on Enamel, possibly made by Paul Kurtz in 1671. The jewel was only used when the kings sat on the throne during the anointing.

This thing is huge! I was lucky enought to see in person. It is so beautiful!!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Where can I buy the book by Bjarne Steen Jensen, "Juvelerne i Det Danske Kongehus" Thank you,

Dear Friends,
Amazon does not have the book by Bjarne Steen Jensen. I have even written an e-mail to the publisher for information on how to get his book on the royal jewelry. Can anyone please help me. Thank you

Old 08-16-2011, 07:08 PM

It looks like the book is out of print: Juvelerne i det danske kongehus af Bjarne Steen Jensen - køb bogen hos

A new book (or perhaps a revision of the old book?) -I'm sure some of the Danish posters or Jewelry experts on this board will know) called "De kongelige juveler" is listed on the same site. This book is supposed to be published next year.

I've ordered books before from this site and have had no problems - but it is very expensive.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness
I like some of the Danish crown jewels especially some pieces worn by Queen Margarethe II,Crown princess Mary and princess Marie except I debt really have much of a liking of the Queen's orange poppy tiara.
" An ugly baby is a very nasty object, and the prettiest is frightful when undressed."
- Queen Victoria
Old 11-20-2013, 05:45 AM
A very nice nine pic gallery of one of the sets among the crown jewels: Se billederne: Her er dronningens uvurderlige smaragder |

Not sure what this set is called in English, (emerald parure?) but here in DK it's known as the Smaragd set.
The reason for this gallery is that we are getting close to Christmas and a new book about the jewels used by QMII and emeralds in general is in the stores.
In it's current configuration it consists of 18 emeralds, 882 briliants and 127 rose stones (whatever that is).

Here are the pics in high res:

The value, as far as it can possibly be estimated, has been compared to a emerald set owned by Elizabeth Taylor, which was sold in 2011.
A brooch of 23.56 carats was sold for 39.47 million DKK. (Roughly 7 million $).
The necklace went for 56.78 million DKK (roughly 10 million $) and a ring was sold for 19.8 million DKK. (Roughly 3.5 million $).

The Danish set is a little less than 200 carats altogether. The author of the book claims that the emeralds with 99.99 % certainty stems from the Columbian mine Mozo

The book, should you be interested, is by Nina Hald - Smaragder, slebet skønhed Smaragder af Nina Hald (Bog, indbundet) - Køb bogen hos

Other books by Nina Hald, who appears to know what she is talking about, can be found here: Du søgte: 'nina hald' - Find bogen hos
Old 10-29-2014, 03:35 PM
The Danish royal jewels | Blogs•

The above blog entry contains photos of various jewels (tiaras, necklaces, brooches, etc.) belonging to the Danish royal family. There are photos or portraits of some jewels worn by various royal ladies.

"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"

crown jewels, denmark, jewellery