Crowns and Royal Regalia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Was the crown of Empress Marie Louise made specifically for her?
If Yes, was the crown made in France or did it come from her father, the Emperor Francis (Franz)?

Hi!
Yes, this crown was made specifically for the empress Marie Louise.

It was part of a the Ruby Parure created by François-Regnault Nitot (Nitot et fils jewellery) in 1811 at Paris.
The crown is made with gold, diamonds and rubies.
Is not a large crown, because it should be worn at the top of the head and stopped with a brooch (like the crown of queen Ena of Spain).
The height is 10 cm and the diameter is 14,4 cm.

The crown was dismantled in 1887. Recently the jewellery Chaumet, heir of the Nitot et fils, has made a replica of the crown and todays it is exposed at Chaumet Collection at Paris. Anyway the replica is made with silver, white sapphires, diamonds and red garnets.

Attachments

• Corona Imperiale Francese (Maria Luisa).jpg
    Corona Imperiale Francese (Maria Luisa).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 849
  • wpid-Photo-Dec-14-2013-1057-PM.jpg
    wpid-Photo-Dec-14-2013-1057-PM.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 483
IlMilanese, Thank you for all the details of Empress Marie Louise's crown. A very grand crown!! :crown3::crown3::crown3:

I like the St. Edward's crown.
I like the fact that the coronation crown was named for the Anglo-Saxon monarch, Edward the Confessor.

In The Royals Their Lives, Loves and Secrets, I saw a photograph of the coronation crown of Britain's Queen Adelaide, 1831.

Has any Queen worn this crown since Adelaide? :queen3::queen3:

What tiara's did they have in the royal family of Prussia?

Prussian Tiaras

Prussian Tiaras | tiaras and trianon

Last edited by a moderator:
In The Royals Their Lives, Loves and Secrets, I saw a photograph of the coronation crown of Britain's Queen Adelaide, 1831.

Has any Queen worn this crown since Adelaide? :queen3::queen3:
No. Traditionally, British Queens Consort have each had a personal crown made for their husbands' coronations, the last being that of Queen Elizabeth, wife of George VI. However, in today's climate, I would be surprised if this tradition continues and that the future Queens will wear either the crown of Queen Elizabeth or that of Queen Mary. (Queen Alexandra's and Queen Adelaide's were made to be worn high on top of the head, not fitted to it and subsequently have very small circumferences.):crown4:

Who can help me about thailandia's crown

Hi!!

I know that the royal crown of Thailand is the Great Crown of Victory made in 1782 for coronation of king Rama I and decorated with indian diamonds under king Rama IV. [the first photo below]

There are two other crown:

1 [second, third and fourth photo]- "พระอนุราชมงกุฎ หรือ มงกุฎดอกไม้ไหว": Crown of Flower or Crown of Nonthaburi. (In the second photo this crown is compared with the Great Crown of Victory)
This is the crown of Prince Crown as we can see at the royal website among the Prince Crown's insigne:
crownprince.msu.ac.th/home/?page_id=396
Do you have some information about this crown? ...like where and when it was made or when it was restyled or something else.

2 [fifth and sixth photo] - I'm not sure on the name of this crown. Maybe "ชฎาพระกลีบ", Five Petals Crown or Jada Crown or Secondary Crown...I dont know. This crown is weared by king Rama IV in some photos but I don't know anything about it... can someone help me?

Attachments

• K3931830-40.jpg
    K3931830-40.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 337
  • K12815859-3.jpg
    K12815859-3.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 345
  • ?????????????? ???? ??????????????.jpg
    ?????????????? ???? ??????????????.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Untitled-21.jpg
    Untitled-21.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 728
  • ??????????-.jpg
    ??????????-.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 820
  • ??????????.jpg
    ??????????.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 656
The Crown of St. Stephen was returned to Hungary.

^On January 1, 2000 the Crown of St. Stephen was moved to the Hungarian Parliament Building in Budapest from the Hungarian National Museum.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is sad that on the late King Michael of Romania's Coffin , last King of Romania ,we saw a replica of the Royal Crown.

(Not sure if this is the right thread)

The crownjuwels of Bohemia are on display in Prag for one week, celebrating the jubily year of independence of Czech republic from the Austrian-Hungarian Empire
https://www.sn.at/kultur/boehmische-kronjuwelen-fuer-eine-woche-ausgestellt-22985584
google translated

A column about these crownjewels from 2003
Die böhmischen Kronjuwelen | Radio Prag
google translated

And the wiki article on the "Wenzelskrone" (i mean: wow, that is some serious bling!)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_of_Saint_Wenceslas

What I wonder is how this even happened? Aren't these historical artifacts guarded or locked safe somewhere in a vault? People just can't wonder into a church and steal things can they........I do not think that something like this *just happened*, it seems planned and calculated to me for this to happen. I really pray that the artifacts are found safe and not harmed in any way.....this is so sad for the entire country as it is part of their history...:ohmy:

That is terrible ! I hope they can recover it from the thieves or the loss will be incalculable.

It seems to me that these thieves have made a huge mistake. What do they think they will do with the items? Sell them? One thing I know is that they won't sleep a good night's sleep until they're captured and brought to justice. They'll have a cozy bed in a nice, warm cell.

I also wonder what the plan is but I assume they had a plan. Hopefully it's not melting it as that would sem the only eay they could get a lot of vslue out of it. Offering them up for sale is a sure way to prison.

That's shocking...

These are very old jewels and by the look of it, there isn't much value in the gold and stones other than it being historical. I wonder what the thieves plan to gain from it, unless they have some sort of collector that's willing to pay for it?

There are plenty of gold items on display elsewhere if people wished to steal precious metals. IMO these precious historical items were probably stolen for a collector to feast his eyes on in some private part of his home.

I hope I'm wrong because, unless the actual thieves are prepared to talk if they are caught, items taken for a specific purpose for a very wealthy collector are incredibly difficult to track down.

This is an unfortunate experience. Do you believe the people had calculated this well in advance?

:previous:
Yes I do believe that this was planned in advance.........just how not could it be? Are these artifacts left out in the open in the church? Does not the people that run or operate the church realize that there are thieves out there in this world? Goodness that is dumb founded to even think that way........these are antiques of historical purpose and they will be so easy to spot somewhere, like Curryong said I am strongly believing that some person wants these for their own sole purpose to have and enjoy hidden from everyone, a collector and if so then they are long gone. I now hope the government and royal family realize that any other artifacts sitting around in churches are now taken away to be locked in vaults and brought out only with guards when they are needed. I am appalled that this happened in Sweden of all places.....just look what is lost in history and look at all the ancient artifacts lose in Iran during that time period when there was war, and this is not a war zone here.......yes I am shocked by this and saddened....:sad:

:previous:
Yes I do believe that this was planned in advance.........just how not could it be? Are these artifacts left out in the open in the church? Does not the people that run or operate the church realize that there are thieves out there in this world? Goodness that is dumb founded to even think that way........these are antiques of historical purpose and they will be so easy to spot somewhere, like Curryong said I am strongly believing that some person wants these for their own sole purpose to have and enjoy hidden from everyone, a collector and if so then they are long gone. I now hope the government and royal family realize that any other artifacts sitting around in churches are now taken away to be locked in vaults and brought out only with guards when they are needed. I am appalled that this happened in Sweden of all places.....just look what is lost in history and look at all the ancient artifacts lose in Iran during that time period when there was war, and this is not a war zone here.......yes I am shocked by this and saddened....:sad:
The regalia was kept in sealed alarmed glass boxes and stolen right before the lunch service held in the church every day so it's not as if they're just laying around in a corner somewhere.
You can't just pack up all historical church objects and put them in storage somewhere. That would leave the country's churches empty.
I doubt that the Royal Family have any say in anything about these artifacts. They are either State or Church property and the Crown jewels that I've seen articles and posters on both the forums and Twitter confuse them with are kept at maximum security in the vaults beneath Stockholm Palace.

This is very shocking news. The tragedy may be if they prise out the pearls and precious stones to sell separately and melt the gold. At the moment it is very hot property unless they have a prearranged buyer/dealer as some of you have suggested.

Here's hoping the authorities retrieve the items unharmed. People do get emotional about their National treasures and rightly so.
Enough beautiful treasures were lost and destroyed during WW1 & WW2 from all over Europe.

How did they get from the church to the boat with it all ? Did they carry it ? Running down the street ? Lots don’t make sense

How did they get from the church to the boat with it all ? Did they carry it ? Running down the street ? Lots don’t make sense
There's only a few hundred metres between the church and the water so a run is the most probable. The two crowns and the orb can't have been that hard to carry.

So there was no one guarding them ??
I would have thought they would have several guards Goodness what a disaster

Last edited:
So there was no one guarding them ? Goodness what a disaster
The items were displayed in sealed alarmed glass boxes. While no guards I'm sure there is a perfectly adequate security system in the church. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

Last edited:
Anything new about the jewels? This seems very planned operation. Just wondering what could be motive. These are impossible sell anyone and surely thieves aren't so stupid that they would try that. Probably this they are after of ransom or they are hired by someone rich, greed and immoral treasure collector. Hopefully Swedish police and perhaps Interpol can capture these thieves.

The heist is odd/puzzling as it would be impossible to sell the pieces.

Last edited:
Anything new about the jewels? This seems very planned operation. Just wondering what could be motive. These are impossible sell anyone and surely thieves aren't so stupid that they would try that. Probably this they are after of ransom or they are hired by someone rich, greed and immoral treasure collector. Hopefully Swedish police and perhaps Interpol can capture these thieves.

They could be amateurs.

A big bronze age gold-horn was stolen from a museum in DK some years ago.
Totally priceless and of enormous historical value.
Except that it was a replica...
The amateur thieves hadn't done their homework, they just saw an opportunity.

I wonder if it is something similar in this case?
They saw an opportunity and went for it without really thinking through what to do afterwards.
Let's hope that.

The items stolen are so red-hot that it will be extremely difficult to sell them (except on order, as has been suggested.) but then a ruthless goldsmith will only require a few hours to pry out the gems and melt down the gold.

I find it staggering that they were able to steal such an important part of Swedish royal history so easily; though I do remember being at the Tower of London a couple of years ago and being surprised at the seemingly lack of security (this was in 2015 though so I don't know if security has tightened since then) round "our" crown jewels here in England.
One would think that it would be difficult for burglars to steal such precious and antique items of jewellery, I hope the SRF manages to get them back soon.

To JR76. I hope you will be able to keep us up to date with news of the stolen items.
I thank you in advance. Cheers T.

Back
Top Bottom