The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

I think the people who are trying to get advertising for Canadian diamonds don't care how often it's worn.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Majesty

A lot of money spent on a Canadian crown would be fuel for republicans. In a way, I like the symbolism of the idea; but I don't think it's feasible.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 PM

Its strange, but I was just thinking about this. I think that a Canadian State Crown would be a marvelous symbol of Royal Authority. The Sovereign would obviously be the only person to wear it, during our State Opening of Parliament it could be displayed before the Governor-General so to symbolize the authority of the Sovereign. I hear they do the same thing for the Opening of the Scottish Parliament.

While I don't see this Crown being made in the near-future. Where would it be kept? We don't exactly have a spare Tower of London lying around Ottawa, maybe at Rideau Hall, it is the Official Residence of the Sovereign. Or at Le Citadelle in Quebec City. It is a Fortress after all and a Residence of the Governor General.

Tags
canada, crown jewels, crowns

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off