Where does the Royal Family live?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hillary_nugent

Heir Apparent
Country
Australia
So in which of these palaces do Fred and Mary live in? ^___^ or do they live in all of them? :)

So Where will Frederik and Mary live when they become King and Queen (where do they live now, and where will their new baby live most of the time sry if these have already been asked and answered :)

They will do as Queen Margrethe, and earlier Danish monarchs, does and have done, I expect, spend part of the year in one of the palaces at Amalienborg, and part of the year at Fredensborg.

where did the queen live before she married and later before she became queen

Before she was married, Margrethe and Benedikte shared an appartment in one of the other palaces at Amalienborg.

So if the Queen at some point retires, and Frederik and Mary takes ower at both Amalienborg and, I would asume, also the main Halls at Fredensborg, where might Henrik and Margrethe live?

I asume they would still spend part of the summer in the castle in France and follow the family traditions of summer at Gråsten and christmas at Marselisborg (or is it the other way round), but where would there main residence be?

If they wanted to stay near Frederik and Mary, I guess the only really logical choise would be a place like Sorgenfri. That is if they can ever get the interrior renovation underway.

I suposed they could also chose to simply stay at one of the castles Gråsten or Marselisborg, like Margrethe's mother did after after Margrethe became queen...

Tricota,Amalienborg Palace consists of four buildings,(Schack-,Brockdorf-,Moltke- and Levitzau Palaces),one is reserved for the Monarch(at present the Schack Palae),the other three have always been,at any one time,at the disposal of the Crownprincely family as well as the (former)Queen(-Consorts).Late Queen Ingrid lived "next door"to daughter Margrethe while in Copenhagen,IIRC at the Brockdorf Palae,aka as Frederik VIII Palace.But,it is highly unlikely that Queen Margrethe II will abdicate/retire as you say.In Danmark Monarchs do not abdicate,they pass away.

lucien said:
Tricota,Amalienborg Palace consists of four buildings,(Schack-,Brockdorf-,Moltke- and Levitzau Palaces),one is reserved for the Monarch(at present the Schack Palae),the other three have always been,at any one time,at the disposal of the Crownprincely family as well as the (former)Queen(-Consorts).Late Queen Ingrid lived "next door"to daughter Margrethe while in Copenhagen,IIRC at the Brockdorf Palae,aka as Frederik VIII Palace.But,it is highly unlikely that Queen Margrethe II will abdicate/retire as you say.In Danmark Monarchs do not abdicate,they pass away.

I am well aware of the layout of the royal palaces, but thank you...:wacko:

However I think we can all agree that neither you nor I know what will happen in the future. They may or may not retire. If they do it is more then likely that they will move. None of them seams to be that fond of Amalienborg in the first place, and they spend more time on Fredensborg. So a move it not unlikely...

So what is the equivalent in Denmark to Kensington Palace? Where does Joachim, Margarethe and Anne Marie and families stay whilst in Coppenhagen? is there a place where the minor royals live?

So what is the equivalent in Denmark to Kensington Palace? Where does Joachim, Margarethe and Anne Marie and families stay whilst in Coppenhagen? is there a place where the minor royals live?

Margrethe has their own residence in Copenhagen the Christian IX. Palais which is a part of Amalienborg and the Crown Princely Couple will get Frederik VIII. Palais which is also Part of Amalienborg when its renovation is finished. Benedikte, Joachim and Anne-Marie have Appartements at the Christian VIII. Palais at Amalienborg so they can stay there when in Copenhagen.

there are also, Gråsten castle, Marselisborg castle and the frainsh castle..

there are also, Gråsten castle, Marselisborg castle and the frainsh castle..

And here is some links.

Gråsten Castle:Kongehuset - Slotte og Kongeskibet - Gråsten Slot - Fotogalleri

Marselisborg Castle: Kongehuset - Slotte og Kongeskibet - Marselisborg Slot - Fotogalleri

Château de Cayx (France): Kongehuset - Slotte og Kongeskibet - Château de Cayx - Fotogalleri

The royal yacht "Dannebrog": Kongehuset - Slotte og Kongeskibet - Kongeskibet Dannebrog - Fotogalleri

Plus Princess Benediktes home in Germany - Berleburg Castle: http://www.burgen-und-schloesser.net/324/fotos_vollbild.htm

Margrethe has their own residence in Copenhagen the Christian IX. Palais which is a part of Amalienborg and the Crown Princely Couple will get Frederik VIII. Palais which is also Part of Amalienborg when its renovation is finished. Benedikte, Joachim and Anne-Marie have Appartements at the Christian VIII. Palais at Amalienborg so they can stay there when in Copenhagen.

Anyone have any idea how the renovations are coming along at Christian VIII Palace @ Amalienborg and when the CP Couple may be moving into their new home?? Would adore seeing some pictures.

Any pictures of Prince Joachim's apartment??

Its always interesting to see how renovations & how they decorate these fantastic old rooms.............any updates

Its always interesting to see how renovations & how they decorate these fantastic old rooms.............any updates

No updates, I'm afraid. I haven't seen any pictures of the new renovation, but there are of couse books and pictures of other Royal Palaces and recidences...

Anyone have any idea how the renovations are coming along at Christian VIII Palace @ Amalienborg and when the CP Couple may be moving into their new home?? Would adore seeing some pictures.

Any pictures of Prince Joachim's apartment??

The renovations are completed now.
They opened up the palace for the public to see. They extended the period by 2 months 'cause of enormeous public interest. They begin moving in very soon. The official conveyance happened just last week. They had Prince Christian and Princess Isabella along with them, and the pictures of them from the conveyance are so cute.

I do have piuctures of some of the finished rooms of the renovation. Should I upload them?

I do have pictures of some of the finished rooms of the renovation. Should I upload them?

Thanks for offering but I don't think it's necessary as there are many photos posted in the Amalienborg Palace thread. :flowers:

Does Joachim now live in Fred's old apartment? I heard that Fred's old apartment was quite big while Joachim's old apartment (or current apartment if he has not moved) was quite small. It would seem obvious to me for Joachim to move into his brothers old apartment now Fred has a whole Palace for his family!

Does Joachim now live in Fred's old apartment? I heard that Fred's old apartment was quite big while Joachim's old apartment (or current apartment if he has not moved) was quite small. It would seem obvious to me for Joachim to move into his brothers old apartment now Fred has a whole Palace for his family!

Wonder if tnow that Joachim has 4-children I would think he would need a larger apartmentheir are any pictures of Joachim's apartment.........
Is he still in the same small apartment, or did he move into Fred's old apartment...............

Wonder if tnow that Joachim has 4-children I would think he would need a larger apartmentheir are any pictures of Joachim's apartment.........
Is he still in the same small apartment, or did he move into Fred's old apartment...............

Hi LyndaW! :flowers: and Tommy100 too!
Prince Joachim is probably living in Fred's old apartment; Fred used to live in this particular mansion (Christian VIII), I just won't bet on it because there's been a royal reshuffle since the crown princely couple moved into their redecorated mansion! Princess Benedikte and ex-queen Anne-Marie used to have their apartments there, but they were 'evicted' and moved to the same mansion as Prince Joachim. Maybe one room was added to the one tenant and taken away from the other... it's difficult to say without knowing the plan of the interior!
We never get to see any pictures from their private Amalienborg apartments, well, at least I don't remember seeing any. As for the four kids: In Copenhagen the two elder kids are normally staying with their mother and stepfather, so I don't think space is an issue in this respect.

viv

I know Amelianborg has it's geographical facilities, but if Fred and Mary, or Joachim and his family wished move to another palace nearby copenhagen, could they?

And do the family has any private palace in Denmark?

I know Amelianborg has it's geographical facilities, but if Fred and Mary, or Joachim and his family wished move to another palace nearby copenhagen, could they?

And do the family has any private palace in Denmark?
Yes, just look at where Prince Joachim and Princess Marie lives now :flowers:

The new house looks more a villa to me ( = a luxe detached house) than a manor. Shackenborg, which was sold, really looks like a manor indeed.

From what I can see the new house is something even the upper middle class could afford and live in; Schackenburg is grander; but in real estate it's always location, location, location. A house in Copenhagen will cost far more than a house in southern Jutland.

:previous: I don't think you can call their house an upper middle class home by any Danish standard.
But you are certainly right in regards to location. As a thumb-rule you can get 3-5 times as much house in the area of Southern Jutland where Schackenborg is located, for the same amount a house north of Copenhagen costs.

An upper middle class house in or near a city in DK would cost some 5-8 million DKK. Joachim paid more than 30 million DKK.

Back
Top Bottom