Schloss Berleburg, Bad Berleburg, Germany

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muhler

Imperial Majesty
City
Eastern Jutland
Country
Denmark
This is stricktly speaking not a DRF residence, but as the place is so often mentioned in the sub-forum, I thought we might just as well have a spearate thread about the schloss, its history, location and pictures.

Here is some Wikipedia info on Schloss Berleburg: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Berleburg

Some info of the town of Bad Berleburg, in English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Berleburg

Here are two pics from Google Maps of the area:

Schloss Berleburg and surroundings. - Kopi.JPG - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage Schloss Berleburg and the town of Bad Berleburg.

Schloss Berleburg - Kopi.JPG - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage A close view of Schloss Berleburg.

Last edited:
This is another good idea of yours Muhler. I have been looking at the schloss for quite awhile now and find it an amazing place. I think it is a very grand schloss and the interior pics that I have seen of it looks like they have kept it relatively up to date, without changing its character too much.
I love the fact they hold what appears to be Christmas markets in the courtyard. And in the past they have held Concert type things in the courtyard for locals as well. As well as Prss Benedikte holding music do's inside.
What I mean is - there is a lot going on at this schloss with the locals and public included. They have a cafe and museum as well. I would definately include this place on my itinerary if and when I get to Europe.

Last edited:
This is stricktly speaking not a DRF residence, but as the place is so often mentioned in the sub-forum, I thought we might just as well have a spearate thread about the schloss, its history, location and pictures.

Here is some Wikipedia info on Schloss Wittgenstein, which is the real name of the castle, but in order to keep it simple and so that everyone knows what we are talking about, I've named this thread Schloss Berleburg.
Schloss Wittgenstein
It's in German, but that's why the gods have invented Google Translate...

Some info of the town of Bad Berleburg, in English: Bad Berleburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are two pics from Google Maps of the area:

Schloss Berleburg and surroundings. - Kopi.JPG - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage Schloss Berleburg and the town of Bad Berleburg.

Schloss Berleburg - Kopi.JPG - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage A close view of Schloss Berleburg.

Actually Schloß Wittgenstein is a different Castle. Here is the Wikipedia article about Berleburg Castle
Schloss Berleburg
The one you lined to is about Wittgenstein Castle which is above the City of Bad Laasphe. Until 1950 it was the residence of the Fürsten zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein and after the Family moved to Schwarzenau Castle it became an Internat in the 1960's.

Last edited:
:previous:
Thank you, Stefan :flowers: I have corrected the errors in my post. :doh:

You know in my country we don't have these kind of mix ups. But thats because we don't have any castles let alone ancient ones.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now to be serious, Dear Stefan would you be able to explain to me please what an - Internat - is .
And I would dearly love to travel to Europe again to explore all your ancient castles. Just love them. But that's because we don't have any here in Oz.

Thank you for that Muhler. Have you any idea how many hectares/acres goes with the schloss. I believe apart from the horse paddocks there is quite a large forest as well.

:previous:
Ups.
My mistake I translated internat from Danish, not German.:whistling:

Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's two children, Count Richard and Countess Ingrid, were christened in the chapel of Schloss Berleburg. :rainbow:

Back
Top Bottom