The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Danish Royal Residences

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Courtier

And allow some of the renovated rooms to be photographed

Old 05-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Aristocracy

Acording to this article from the Danish newspaper Berlingske Tidende, A. P. Møller og Hustru Chastine Mc-Kinney Møllers Fond til almene Formaal has donated 44.6 million DKR (8.33 mill $) to the renovation of the Royal park and gardens at Fredensborg Palace. This comes on top of 5 million DKR donation already given to the renovation of Brede Allé, leading up to the castle.

The renovation will be overseen by the Slots- og Ejendomsstyrelsen in Denmark, but the timeline or further details are so far unknown.

A. P. Møller og Hustru Chastine Mc-Kinney Møllers Fond til almene Formaal also known in Denmark as Almenfonden, is controled by the Danish shipping magnate Mærsk McKinney Møller, and is the majority shareholder in the shipping conglomerate AP Møller-Maersk. Mærsk McKinney Møller is close to the Royal Family and the foundation is also behind a long list of other donations including Amaliehaven, Kastellet, the renovation of the Saly statue at Amalienborg and the new opera house in Copenhagen. Last year they donated more than 100 million DKR to the renovation of Fælledparken in Copenhagen, due to take place in the coming years.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Courtier

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

A kangaroo!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The above link doesn't seem to be working...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Hope this works:

Kænguruer.. til Mary? on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Google views of Fredensborg Slot.

A close view of the palace with some details:
Fredensborg Slot - Kopi.JPG - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

A view of the palace and surroundings:
Fredensborg Slot and surroundings - Kopi.jpg - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

The palace in relation to the kindergarten Bella and Christian used to attend:
Fredensborg Slot with kindergarten - Kopi.JPG - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
Old 06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of an article in Billed Bladet #25, 2012.
Henriks høns - Henrik's chicken/hens.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Prince Henrik is pretty delighted these days. He has acquired four hens and installed them at Fredensborg Palace. Not inside the palace though, but being royal fowls, they have their own enclosure in the private part of the park around Fredensborg and here Henrik and the dachshund Helike can be seen tending to the birds.
One of the ladies was obliging enough to lay an egg the day after arrival. That egg was eaten at Prince Henrik's lunch to his outspoken pleasure.

PH have for some years contemplated having chickens at Fredensborg and since the chickens at Chateau Cayz were all slaughtered a couple of years ago, he bought four hens of the ordinary Danish breed, to supplement his lunch.

- They'll probably be spoiled rotten!
But I can certainly follow PH. Mrs. Muhler's parents have hens of their own and they are allowed to walk around freely and eat whatever they find and just be natural. Goof grief what a difference in taste and how the egg-yoke look, also compared to the ecological eggs from the supermarjets!
They also taste better when slaughtered I think.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Brief summary of an article in Billed Bladet #28.
Byggekaos på Fredensborg - Building chaos at Fredensborg.

The facade at Fredensborg Palace is getting a facelift but that is nothing compared to the park, which is being completely renovated. 300 trees have been felled, due to their roots dying from the ground being very wet. So instead 350 new trees and 14.000 other plants will replace them. These trees will be eight meter high when planted. - (So it won't look that bad in a decade from now).
The renovation will cost 50 million DKK and most will come from the A. P. Møller Foundation (you know, the late Mr. Mærsk Møller).

The park, when finished, will be brought back to how it looked at King Frederik IV's time. He ruled from 1699-1730. Around the time Fredensborg was build. Back then the big role model was Versailles and the garden at Fredensborg will again incorporate the intricate geometric design from back then.
The renovation is expected to end in the late summer of 2013.

The renovation is also the reason why the Chinese President and his wife didn't stay at Fredensborg as such guests usually do.

A funny little detail from the photos in the magazine is that the building site is fenced in and the facade is covered with plastic - and in the middle of the (unusually clean) building site is a sentry box with a guard standing there, looking a little bit off in that picture.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

BB #17 informs us that Kancellihuset consists of a little less than 1.200 square meters on two floors. The groundfloor is 700 square meters, while the second floor is 450 square meters. (*)

There are around 30 rooms. A number of these are guestrooms on the second floor. Some of these rooms have also been converted to bathrooms, because while Queen Ingrid lived there, there was only one bathroom.
The modern kitchen is 70 square meters.

(*) To put things in perspective. The house we live in, and which I will consider a fairly average family house for four people plus a puppy, is 148 square meters. (Outbuildings and garage not counted).
Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Courtier

Any pictures of this renovation?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Courtier

Are they still renovating....or is now finished?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it is.

BB wrote a short article about it last week, but I did't write about it, because I've hoped for more coverage.

Anyway, QMII opened the new park which will be open to the public. It has been recreated at the baroque garden it originally was at the cost of 70 million DKK.
The most prominent feature is Brede Allé = Broad Avenue, which go from the palace down through the garden to the nearby lake.
The trees along the avenue were dying and new trees have been planted and in a generation they will look pretty impressive.
Some 365 new trees have been planted and a number of sculptures have either been renovated or remade.

QMII has followed the work in the park with great interest and litterally from her bedroom window, in fact she could feel the thuds of trees being felled in her bedroom, she told in her speech.

A few pics: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...5/5138349-.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...the_garden.jpg

http://pages.pomona.edu/~sg064747/tr...astle-1280.jpg

http://www.danculture.dk/wp-content/...6/P1010011.jpg

And finally not from the park, but a house located along the nearby lake. Can it possibly be more idyllic? Apart from the price, risk of flooding and moquitos en mass I'm drooling myself. http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/005...02_517906a.jpg
Old 03-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Courtier

It seems that the Crown Prince and family doesn't use the Chancellory Manor/House and the Chateau deCaix anymore, spending thier vacations in Trend or exotic foreign locations. Is there a reason ?
But Joachim,Marie and thee four children do seem to get real enjoyment when they vacation at the Chateau - its so beautiful.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
It seems that the Crown Prince and family doesn't use the Chancellory Manor/House and the Chateau deCaix anymore, spending thier vacations in Trend or exotic foreign locations. Is there a reason ?
But Joachim,Marie and thee four children do seem to get real enjoyment when they vacation at the Chateau - its so beautiful.
I think they still use Chateau de Caix in France, yearly, but they have never posed for family photos like Joachim and Family do.
It looks like they prefer Trend a lot for birthdays and holidays. They have also spend summers in Denmark (northern i think) for the past few summers. We got some nice pics of the them on the danish beaches this summer, and of them biking around in the summer in Denmark other years.
I think this Jan. they went to the Maldives but other than that not a lot of "exotic" locations that we have heard of in years.
I really think they are in love with Trend. It looks like a perfect outdoor and private place for this active family
Old 03-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
How do you know, that the Crown Prince family don't use the Chancellory House anymore? Or Chateau de Cayx? Because they don't have photo sessions like Joachim and Marie?
And how often do they spend their vacations in exotic foreign locations?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think you're referring to Fredensborg Palace - this is the thread for Frederiksborg Castle (perhaps a moderator could move these posts to the correct thread?)

IIRC the Chancellory House needed some restoration/space-making following the arrival of the twins which is the reason why they didn't move to Fredensborg in the summer months of 2013. If said restoration is done this year, I guess they'll make the move. As for Caix, they go there every year, but it's only Joachim who has made it a tradition to post for the press during the family's time there - presumably because Nikolai and Felix don't always get to be present at the photo opportunity at Gråsten.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I think you're referring to Fredensborg Palace - this is the thread for Frederiksborg Castle (perhaps a moderator could move these posts to the correct thread?)

IIRC the Chancellory House needed some restoration/space-making following the arrival of the twins which is the reason why they didn't move to Fredensborg in the summer months of 2013. If said restoration is done this year, I guess they'll make the move. As for Caix, they go there every year, but it's only Joachim who has made it a tradition to post for the press during the family's time there - presumably because Nikolai and Felix don't always get to be present at the photo opportunity at Gråsten.
Thankyou, and I did mean the Chancellory House
Old 04-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #16, 2014.

M&F will indeed be moving in at Kancellihuset, or the "Roundabout" as Frederik apparantly refers to Fredensborg. Or so th article says.
When M&F left Kancellihuset and moved in at Amalienborg they took most of their furnitures with them, so the place is now being furnished, getting a coat of paint and a bit of plaster here and there.
Also new rooms for the twins will be prepared. And by May M&F will move in.

Initially M&F will go there during the usmmer period and in weekends. According to Lene Balleby the family will live at Amalienborg in the winter.

There are of course quite a lot of furnitures stored away in magazines, but it seems likely that M&F will purchase modern furnitures in style with those they have in the private apartment at Amalienborg. And these furnitures are being delievered about now.

So M&F will pendle to and from the office at Amalienborg probably picking up and deliviring the children on the way like so many other parents.

Kancellihuset dates back to 1731 and it was one of the last parts of Fredensborg to be build. Originally it was house ministers and senior courtiers who stayed the night.
In 1974 Queen Ingrid moved in and she lived there until her death in 2000, that is when she didn't stay at Gråsten or Amalienborg.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
M&F will indeed be moving in at Kancellihuset, or the "Roundabout" as Frederik apparantly refers to Fredensborg. Or so th article says.
As I am reading the article I understand that it is Amalienborg that CP Frederik calls "The Roundabout"
Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

You are right, I misread a caption.

Tags
danish royal history, danish royal palaces, fredensborg slotskirke, palaces, residences