The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Danish Royal Residences

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
So the Chancellery house is the one with the pool?
Yes

Old 05-02-2007, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Fredensborg Castle has many advantages for Mary and Frederik! Is far from the noise, the stress, the hurry that is Copehagen. Is far from the public eye so they can have some privacy, is in the country side where Christian can play, walk, Mary can ride, can take Ziggy for a walk through the beautiful gardens, so Chancellory house is perfect for them!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone have pictures of inside Fredensborg where Mary and Frederick live?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Biboquinhas, here are some photos of Fredensborg Slot courtesy of Flickr.com. Click here to read more about The Chancellery House.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Biboquinhas, here are some photos of Fredensborg Slot courtesy of Flickr.com. Click here to read more about The Chancellery House.
Just how big is the CP Couple's home Chancellory House, does it also include the Orangeriet? How many baths, bedrooms, how large is the kitchen (is it restaurant/industrial size), dining room, does anyone have any pictures of the private living quarters or any information?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

A lot of questions to answer, lyndaW. Give me a minute to find the answers for you.

I'm sure there are photos inside of Chancellory House, but since it is there private home, posting photos links to their intimate area is not something that I am will to do or encourage.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
A lot of questions to answer, lyndaW. Give me a minute to find the answers for you.

I'm sure there are photos inside of Chancellory House, but since it is there private home, posting photos links to their intimate area is not something that I am will to do or encourage.
Okay, I can see your point, I was just plain curious .. we read so much about them, and its hard to picture them off-duty.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

I think I remember reading that the whole house is around 1200 m2, with 750 on the ground floor and 450 on the first floor. The first floor is mainly bedrooms. Again, this is just what I have read.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I have been looking through this thread, and I have some questions:

Fredensborg: what happens in the main palace, is it used at all? Is the palace stae or private property?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Fredensborg: what happens in the main palace, is it used at all? Is the palace stae or private property?
The Queen and Prince Henrik lives in the main palace in the spring and autumn. It belongs to the state.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for all the anwsers! Just wondering about one thing though, the first website Userdane provided says that Fredensborg Palace is the one most frequently used by the royal couple, I assume they mean the Queen and Prince Hendrik?

I see that the palace is open in July for the public, should be very interesting as the place looks very beautiful.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Thanks for all the anwsers! Just wondering about one thing though, the first website Userdane provided says that Fredensborg Palace is the one most frequently used by the royal couple, I assume they mean the Queen and Prince Hendrik?

I see that the palace is open in July for the public, should be very interesting as the place looks very beautiful.
Fredensborg palace is very beautiful. I visited it 2 years ago. You see not to many rooms but the include the Garden-Salon, the Main-Hall where the State-Banquets take place and the Slotskirke. Also open in July is the reserved garden which si closest to the Palace and reserved for the Royal Family.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Moderator Emeritus

After I read all your pots I have a question:

In wich city is Fredensborg Castle, It´s called Fredenborg too?

It´s very far from Copenhagen?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
After I read all your pots I have a question:

In wich city is Fredensborg Castle, It´s called Fredenborg too?

It´s very far from Copenhagen?
Fredensborg Palace is in Fredensborg town. Fredensborg town had 8,153 inhabitants in 2004. It's about 37 km north of Copenhagen.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Majesty

as i understand they will keep Kancellihuset as a summer "house"
am i right?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
as i understand they will keep Kancellihuset as a summer "house"
am i right?
I am not aware of any official plans, but I would imagen so. Magrethe will probably be Queen for a long time yet, so it seems likely that they will continue to use Kancellihuset as such. Especially considering how much was spend on renovation.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

When Amalienborg palace is renovated Mary&Frederick will decide if they move into there or stay Fredensborg. But likley they wil move to Amalienborg and Chancellery house will be their summer home.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Anyone have any idea when the renovations will be completed
Old 04-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I read somewhere that the renovation will conclude at probably in summer.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah, I read too that somewhere in this summer it's probably going to end, but there is always possibilty that works will take more time. But it would be very knice if work will end in this summer and Fr&M can(if they wanna) move in...

Tags
danish royal history, danish royal palaces, fredensborg slotskirke, palaces, residences