Fredensborg Palace & Chancellory House, Fredensborg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seams to be much smaller than a Palace but much more warm and cosy than a big Palace. This house seams to be like a normal big house!

ldt20 said:
Here is an aerial view of Fredensborg Palace from Google where the Crown Princes live.

They actually live in the Chancellory House which I believe is the structure on the right with a black roof.

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=denmark&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=55.981728,12.396194&spn=0.005282,0.021501&t=h&om=1

I think you are right. Question though: I seem to remember the place has some sort of moat and draw bridge: I saw them walk over it when Mary and Christian came back from the hospital right after his birth. Am I wrong? Which bridge did they walk over then?

I think it was just a road. From those pictures you mention, it seems the palace is on a hill.

princess olga said:
I think you are right. Question though: I seem to remember the place has some sort of moat and draw bridge: I saw them walk over it when Mary and Christian came back from the hospital right after his birth. Am I wrong? Which bridge did they walk over then?

Can someone please explain Fredensborg Palace to me?

I would like to know, when Mary and Frederik came home with both Christian and Lillepigen they walked up a ramp/bridge/overpass (?) that had red fences on either side...but when I looked at the aerial view of Fredensborg...I couldn't see where exactly that entry point is...unless it is out of shot?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/dkresidences/fredensborgb.jpg

And on DRW they said the chapel that Lillepigen will be christened in is beside the main building of Fredensborg...so that building to the right of the green roofed building is the chapel? And they also said Chancellory House, where Mary, Frederik and Christian live at the moment is beside that...so I assume it is that long building to the right of chapel forming an L shape?

And if I look down the right hand side of the photo assuming that is Chancellory house, I still can't see the red fence or that familiar scene of both Christian and Lillepige's arrival home...Has anyone got a better photo with better perspective or am I totally looking in the wrong place?

And lastly, what are all those red roofed houses in the foreground? Are they employee residences or something?

Sorry about all the questions...but royal residences fascinate me with their vastness, history...

What I actually understand: The castle is in the center, with the green roof.
The Chapel is in the right center, with the bell tower/clock tower above it.
My understanding was that the Chancellory House is the building that sticks out on the right side, with the cement below it, and the big bushes above it. I think I recognize the bushes from their presentation of the Lillepigen.
Am I right?

LadyK, I think you are right...I see the little red fence/barrier ever so slightly in that little section of the T...and that is probably where that arched tunnel comes in...leading in to the main compound...Thank you...but more pictures are welcome ;)

Hi Xeara, Chancellory House is the long building on the right, next to the orange-roofed houses.
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3404/fredensborgbog9.jpg

And here's a better view of Chancellory House in an overview of Fredensborg Palace:
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4747/e2adf326zz4.jpg
In this photo you can clearly see the pool of Chancellory House, which is directly below the pool :)

I don't know where the chapel definately is, but I think it might be the bell tower building next to the actual palace

Yes, the building with the tower is the chapel.
Right across the lawn, on the opposite of Chancellery House.

So the Chancellery house is the one with the pool?

I think that Fredensborg Castle has many advantages for Mary and Frederik! Is far from the noise, the stress, the hurry that is Copehagen. Is far from the public eye so they can have some privacy, is in the country side where Christian can play, walk, Mary can ride, can take Ziggy for a walk through the beautiful gardens, so Chancellory house is perfect for them!!!

Does anyone have pictures of inside Fredensborg where Mary and Frederick live?

GlitteringTiaras said:
Biboquinhas, here are some photos of Fredensborg Slot courtesy of Flickr.com. Click here to read more about The Chancellery House.
Just how big is the CP Couple's home Chancellory House, does it also include the Orangeriet? How many baths, bedrooms, how large is the kitchen (is it restaurant/industrial size), dining room, does anyone have any pictures of the private living quarters or any information?

A lot of questions to answer, lyndaW. Give me a minute to find the answers for you.:)

I'm sure there are photos inside of Chancellory House, but since it is there private home, posting photos links to their intimate area is not something that I am will to do or encourage.

GlitteringTiaras said:
A lot of questions to answer, lyndaW. Give me a minute to find the answers for you.:)

I'm sure there are photos inside of Chancellory House, but since it is there private home, posting photos links to their intimate area is not something that I am will to do or encourage.
Okay, I can see your point, I was just plain curious .. we read so much about them, and its hard to picture them off-duty.

I think I remember reading that the whole house is around 1200 m2, with 750 on the ground floor and 450 on the first floor. The first floor is mainly bedrooms. Again, this is just what I have read.

I have been looking through this thread, and I have some questions:

Fredensborg: what happens in the main palace, is it used at all? Is the palace stae or private property?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fredensborg: what happens in the main palace, is it used at all? Is the palace stae or private property?
The Queen and Prince Henrik lives in the main palace in the spring and autumn. It belongs to the state.

Thanks for all the anwsers! Just wondering about one thing though, the first website Userdane provided says that Fredensborg Palace is the one most frequently used by the royal couple, I assume they mean the Queen and Prince Hendrik?

I see that the palace is open in July for the public, should be very interesting as the place looks very beautiful.

Thanks for all the anwsers! Just wondering about one thing though, the first website Userdane provided says that Fredensborg Palace is the one most frequently used by the royal couple, I assume they mean the Queen and Prince Hendrik?

I see that the palace is open in July for the public, should be very interesting as the place looks very beautiful.

Fredensborg palace is very beautiful. I visited it 2 years ago. You see not to many rooms but the include the Garden-Salon, the Main-Hall where the State-Banquets take place and the Slotskirke. Also open in July is the reserved garden which si closest to the Palace and reserved for the Royal Family.

After I read all your pots I have a question:

In wich city is Fredensborg Castle, It´s called Fredenborg too?

It´s very far from Copenhagen?

After I read all your pots I have a question:

In wich city is Fredensborg Castle, It´s called Fredenborg too?

It´s very far from Copenhagen?

Fredensborg Palace is in Fredensborg town. Fredensborg town had 8,153 inhabitants in 2004. It's about 37 km north of Copenhagen.

as i understand they will keep Kancellihuset as a summer "house"
am i right?

as i understand they will keep Kancellihuset as a summer "house"
am i right?

I am not aware of any official plans, but I would imagen so. Magrethe will probably be Queen for a long time yet, so it seems likely that they will continue to use Kancellihuset as such. Especially considering how much was spend on renovation.

When Amalienborg palace is renovated Mary&Frederick will decide if they move into there or stay Fredensborg. But likley they wil move to Amalienborg and Chancellery house will be their summer home.

Anyone have any idea when the renovations will be completed

I read somewhere that the renovation will conclude at probably in summer.

Yeah, I read too that somewhere in this summer it's probably going to end, but there is always possibilty that works will take more time. But it would be very knice if work will end in this summer and Fr&M can(if they wanna) move in...:)

Back
Top Bottom