The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Palace does look beautiful, I didn't know that Danish artists have been commisioned to do each room, how beautiful. That will give a unique feel to the whole palace.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Courtier

I have read somewhere that some parts of the palace will be opened to the public. Is that true? Would be great to see it. The palace is quite impressive and I also think very nicely decorated in friendly colours.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The 'state' rooms will be opened to the public between February 28th and May 30th of next year; before the Crown Princely family take up residence. The family's private living quaters will remain just that, private, and so will not be open for public viewing.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

i am not sure if this is the right forum but here is an articule about their new home!Hello! magazine

Mary of Denmark's new home is fit for a queen after a £13-million makeover
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes, lucky her, I was there several years ago but I can not remeber do they have like a private "back yard" or their home is like in a kind of apartment ?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's another article (in Spanish) about the newly reconstructed home:
Cinco aƱos y 20 millones de euros para reformar la prĆ³xima residencia de los prĆ*ncipes Federico y Mary de Dinamarca
It took 5 years to complete, and cost around 20 million Euros for the renovation.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mary of Denmark's new home is fit for a queen after a Ā£13-million makeover - hellomagazine.com

Heres the Hello article, the previous link went to the Hello! main page.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Joachim had an apartment at Amalienborg..............since his marriage to Marie and with the addition of baby Henrik does he still have the same apartment, or did he get a larger one ?? Andf how large (how many rooms, etc).....thankyou!

What happened to Fredericks apartment---does he still use it ?? Also how largee is it????
Old 11-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Joachim had an apartment at Amalienborg..............since his marriage to Marie and with the addition of baby Henrik does he still have the same apartment, or did he get a larger one ?? Andf how large (how many rooms, etc).....thankyou!

What happened to Fredericks apartment---does he still use it ?? Also how largee is it????
Both the Crownprince and Prince Joachim still have their apartments on Amalienborg. I don't know the size and I cant remember ever having seen pictures of them. The apartments are located on the very top of Levetzaus Palę also known as Christian the 8. Palę. The apartments for Princess Benedikte and Princess Anne Marie - who are in N. P. Stilling's book only described as "relatively small" - are located in Brockdorffs Palę. That is the one currently being renovated as future recidence for the Crownprince couple. What that will mean for the apartments I dont know, but I would imagen that they would be moved to one of the other buildings.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
Christian VII's Palace is used for visiting guests/dignitaries and representation.

Christian VIII's Palace houses the Glücksburg royals museum (the Oldenburgs can be found at Rosenborg castle) as well as offices, a depot of the Queen's library and residence for the heir (until the renovations are finished on Frederik VIII's Palace). Prince Joachim also have a flat here, as will Anne-Marie and Benedikte after the renovations.

Christian IX's Palace has been the residence of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik since 1967.

Frederik VIII's Palace was the residence of Queen Ingrid and King Frederik and is currently undergoing renovations to become the residence for Mary and Frederik.

As mentioned above, Benedikte and Anne-Marie have/will have flats at Amalienborg. Benedikte had one, but Anne-Marie, I think, stayed with her mother when she was in Denmark.
The above is the current make-up of who lives at Amalienborg now. The administrative offices of the Crown Prince Couple are in Christian VIII. The CP Couple also uses the official reception rooms at Christian VIII, e.g. when CP Mary hosts her patronages for the New Year. Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie all have apartments in Christian VIII. (The apartments of Princess Benedikte and Queen Ann-Marie were moved from Frederik VIII to Christian VIII when renovations on Frederik VIII began)
However, the current residence (i.e. if they choose to sleep in the city) of the CP Couple is in Christian VII.

This following information is from http://www.crownprincecouple.dk/1bc0029
Quote:
After Crown Prince Frederik moved out of Christian 8’s Palace in the spring of 2004 and during the ongoing restoration of Frederik 8’s Palace at Amalienborg, The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will use the apartment in Christian 7’s Palace as their city dwelling.
When the Crown Prince Family move into Frederik VIII's palace next year...the palace will be used by them and their staff alone...and both the private dwelling residence and administrative offices will be at Frederik VIII...instead of the private and administrative offices being in two separate palaces as it is now.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Courtier

A continuation of my previous post....the below is from the Crown Prince Couple's official website
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Christian VIII's Palace
Quote:
Today parts of Christian 8’s Palace are used for representative purposes by The Crown Prince and Crown Princess. The Court of TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess is also located in this palace
So as of today, the crown prince couple of Denmark use the following residences:
The Chancellery House at Fredensborg Palace is the main private residence
Christian VII (7) at Amalienborg is the site of their private city residence
Christian VIII (8) at Amalienborg is used for representative and official purposes as well as location of their administrative staff

From summer 2010, Frederik VIII (8) Palace will be their main private residence, site of their staff and used for representative and official purposes.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
A continuation of my previous post....the below is from the Crown Prince Couple's official website
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Christian VIII's Palace
So as of today, the crown prince couple of Denmark use the following residences:
The Chancellery House at Fredensborg Palace is the main private residence
Christian VII (7) at Amalienborg is the site of their private city residence
Christian VIII (8) at Amalienborg is used for representative and official purposes as well as location of their administrative staff

From summer 2010, Frederik VIII (8) Palace will be their main private residence, site of their staff and used for representative and official purposes.
Will the Crown Prince Couple move from the Chancellery House....and if so who will move in and/or what would it be used for??
When they move won't they be changing the school for Christian & Isabella??
Old 11-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Will the Crown Prince Couple move from the Chancellery House....and if so who will move in and/or what would it be used for??
When they move won't they be changing the school for Christian & Isabella??
Yes they will move from Chancellery House to Frederiks VIII. I imagine Chancellery House will become a kind of holiday home.
The Crown Prince Family, and presumable their staff will move in. It will be where they live. They will I presume have no further use for Christian VII (7) which atm stands as there residence in the city.

By the time they move Christian will need to leave Kindegarten to start a new school anyway. It is presumed he will attend Krebs Skole where his father and uncle went, which is in Copenhagen.
Isabella hasn't been at kindgarten that long i don't think, they might leave her at Queen Louise Nursery or they may move her.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Courtier

Actually, the Crown Prince Family may move among their homes just like the Queen does now. The Queen lives at Fredensborg during the spring and autumn months (CP Frederik and CP Mary will do the same when they become King and Queen)...so I would imagine that the CP Family may live at the Chancellery House during those months as well.
It is not automatic that Prince Christian will attend Krebs School. There was a recent article in Billed Bladet about the CP Couple preferring that their children attend school in the country. Fredensborg is only about 30 - 40 mins from Copenhagen, so Prince Christian and Princess Isabella can be driven to school if they are still going to attend school in Fredensborg.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Actually, the Crown Prince Family may move among their homes just like the Queen does now. The Queen lives at Fredensborg during the spring and autumn months (CP Frederik and CP Mary will do the same when they become King and Queen)...so I would imagine that the CP Family may live at the Chancellery House during those months as well.
It is not automatic that Prince Christian will attend Krebs School. There was a recent article in Billed Bladet about the CP Couple preferring that their children attend school in the country. Fredensborg is only about 30 - 40 mins from Copenhagen, so Prince Christian and Princess Isabella can be driven to school if they are still going to attend school in Fredensborg.
Yes they could do that, in my opinion i don't see why they should. Possible staying away from Amalienborg every other weekend, but what would be the point in spending months in fredensborg when they have just moved out of there?

I know it is not automatic, i never said that it was. I said it is "presumed" that he will attend the school. His 2 cousins are there, his father and uncle attended the school. I don't see why Christian should go else where.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Courtier

I take your point! Prince Christian may go to Krebs School which is near Amalienborg or his parents may choose somewhere else as was speculated in this online article, where it was revealed that CP Mary had met with the school master of a school near Fredensborg http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Old 11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Any date set for the Grand photo-op of the renovations ???
Old 11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Any date set for the Grand photo-op of the renovations ???
Presuming there will be a photo op, before the summer of 2010.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Yes they could do that, in my opinion i don't see why they should. Possible staying away from Amalienborg every other weekend, but what would be the point in spending months in fredensborg when they have just moved out of there?

I know it is not automatic, i never said that it was. I said it is "presumed" that he will attend the school. His 2 cousins are there, his father and uncle attended the school. I don't see why Christian should go else where.
Forty minutes each way to attend school in the country ... so probably they would have to get up an hour earlier and get home from school an hour later...............that could be tough on a child
Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Fredensborg palace will have 212 lamps from the company Lindpro and 26 chandeliers which are being polished and will be hung to the dircetions of Frederik & Mary accoriding to this article by BB

Tags
danish royal history, danish royal palaces, palaces, residences