Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A continuation of my previous post....the below is from the Crown Prince Couple's official website
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Christian VIII's Palace
Today parts of Christian 8’s Palace are used for representative purposes by The Crown Prince and Crown Princess. The Court of TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess is also located in this palace
So as of today, the crown prince couple of Denmark use the following residences:
The Chancellery House at Fredensborg Palace is the main private residence
Christian VII (7) at Amalienborg is the site of their private city residence
Christian VIII (8) at Amalienborg is used for representative and official purposes as well as location of their administrative staff

From summer 2010, Frederik VIII (8) Palace will be their main private residence, site of their staff and used for representative and official purposes.

A continuation of my previous post....the below is from the Crown Prince Couple's official website
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Christian VIII's Palace
So as of today, the crown prince couple of Denmark use the following residences:
The Chancellery House at Fredensborg Palace is the main private residence
Christian VII (7) at Amalienborg is the site of their private city residence
Christian VIII (8) at Amalienborg is used for representative and official purposes as well as location of their administrative staff

From summer 2010, Frederik VIII (8) Palace will be their main private residence, site of their staff and used for representative and official purposes.

Will the Crown Prince Couple move from the Chancellery House....and if so who will move in and/or what would it be used for??
When they move won't they be changing the school for Christian & Isabella??

Will the Crown Prince Couple move from the Chancellery House....and if so who will move in and/or what would it be used for??
When they move won't they be changing the school for Christian & Isabella??

Yes they will move from Chancellery House to Frederiks VIII. I imagine Chancellery House will become a kind of holiday home. :)
The Crown Prince Family, and presumable their staff will move in. It will be where they live. They will I presume have no further use for Christian VII (7) which atm stands as there residence in the city.

By the time they move Christian will need to leave Kindegarten to start a new school anyway. It is presumed he will attend Krebs Skole where his father and uncle went, which is in Copenhagen.
Isabella hasn't been at kindgarten that long i don't think, they might leave her at Queen Louise Nursery or they may move her. :flowers:

Actually, the Crown Prince Family may move among their homes just like the Queen does now. The Queen lives at Fredensborg during the spring and autumn months (CP Frederik and CP Mary will do the same when they become King and Queen)...so I would imagine that the CP Family may live at the Chancellery House during those months as well.
It is not automatic that Prince Christian will attend Krebs School. There was a recent article in Billed Bladet about the CP Couple preferring that their children attend school in the country. Fredensborg is only about 30 - 40 mins from Copenhagen, so Prince Christian and Princess Isabella can be driven to school if they are still going to attend school in Fredensborg.

Actually, the Crown Prince Family may move among their homes just like the Queen does now. The Queen lives at Fredensborg during the spring and autumn months (CP Frederik and CP Mary will do the same when they become King and Queen)...so I would imagine that the CP Family may live at the Chancellery House during those months as well.
It is not automatic that Prince Christian will attend Krebs School. There was a recent article in Billed Bladet about the CP Couple preferring that their children attend school in the country. Fredensborg is only about 30 - 40 mins from Copenhagen, so Prince Christian and Princess Isabella can be driven to school if they are still going to attend school in Fredensborg.

Yes they could do that, in my opinion i don't see why they should. Possible staying away from Amalienborg every other weekend, but what would be the point in spending months in fredensborg when they have just moved out of there? :)

I know it is not automatic, i never said that it was. I said it is "presumed" that he will attend the school. His 2 cousins are there, his father and uncle attended the school. I don't see why Christian should go else where.

Any date set for the Grand photo-op of the renovations ???

Yes they could do that, in my opinion i don't see why they should. Possible staying away from Amalienborg every other weekend, but what would be the point in spending months in fredensborg when they have just moved out of there? :)

I know it is not automatic, i never said that it was. I said it is "presumed" that he will attend the school. His 2 cousins are there, his father and uncle attended the school. I don't see why Christian should go else where.

Forty minutes each way to attend school in the country ... so probably they would have to get up an hour earlier and get home from school an hour later...............that could be tough on a child

Fredensborg palace will have 212 lamps from the company Lindpro and 26 chandeliers which are being polished and will be hung to the dircetions of Frederik & Mary accoriding to this article by BB

Fredensborg palace will have 212 lamps from the company Lindpro and 26 chandeliers which are being polished and will be hung to the dircetions of Frederik & Mary accoriding to this article by BB

It is not Fredernsborg palace but Amalienborg palace who are going to have 212 lamps..Amalienborg palace is going to be the new home for Frederik,Mary and their family..

It is not Fredernsborg palace but Amalienborg palace who are going to have 212 lamps..Amalienborg palace is going to be the new home for Frederik,Mary and their family..

Thanks for the correction.
Isnt Amalienborg the Queens residence in Winter? If so, will she have her own section/apartment in the palace?

Isnt Amalienborg the Queens residence in Winter? If so, will she have her own section/apartment in the palace?

I think that both Fredensborg palace and amalienborg palace is the Queens residence for the winter..

The Queen has apartments I think in Christian IX's Palace it was restored before her marriage.
Prince Frederik and Mary with reside in Frederik's VIII palace. :)
Fredensborg is the Margrethes Spring and Autumn residence, usually used for State Events.

I would love to see the kitchen!!!! and her dressing room!

Google Translate
I would love to see the million kitchen!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Amalienborgs consits of 4 Paleis (all the same size). From them Christian IX. paleis is since 1967 the Winter Residence of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, Christian VII. Paleis is used for visting Heads of States etc. and for official representation, Christian VIII. Paleis houses the Amalienborg Museum as Appartements for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne and Frederik VIII. Paleis is soon the home of Frederik and Mary.

Same ashelen wonder I doubt it will be anything like mine which a statement of the obvious a dream kitchen more a working enviroment though than a domestic one. It would be nice though.

yes, and the best part of it she does not have to clean that place, can you imagines just seweep the floor of all that?????? but it is so big that you probably not see all the place in a daily basis! as stunning it sounds i am not sure if i would want for me and my family such a huge place! i might want the kitchen and her dressing room thought!

is any property tax for the palace?

Last edited by a moderator:
what a pity, but I still would love to see it ! i found this today:
a million kitchen!
Google Translate
i presume a million koronas!

Is the Chef Rene Raajerg a new employee, or does he presently work for the CP Couple at their Chancellery home
??

Oh I don't know I think I think we could learn to live with it ashelen if on ereally put one's mind to it........LOL

Oh I don't know I think I think we could learn to live with it ashelen if on ereally put one's mind to it........LOL
you might be right!!!! still i can imagine in my mind the size of that place, to have a house like this!!!!!!can you imagine a kitchen that can cook for 80 people, this is a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i wonder security in the corridors?? my daighter would get scare in such big house!!!!! she will jump in our bed at night!!! still it might be incredible to live in a place with so much history and art!

:previous:

According to the Billed-Bladet article, he is already their chef.

Please correct me if I got it wrong:
Amelienborg consists of 4 palaces, same sizes and being resided by different danish royal generations. So after the renovation, Fred and Mary will live in one of this palaces even after Fred becomes king?

Correct. CP Frederik and CP Mary will live in Frederik VIII's as crown prince couple and when they become King and Queen of Denmark.

Please correct me if I got it wrong:
Amelienborg consists of 4 palaces, same sizes and being resided by different danish royal generations. So after the renovation, Fred and Mary will live in one of this palaces even after Fred becomes king?
Mellie, there's a brief overview of the history of the palaces here Rosenborg Slot - De Danske Kongers Kronologiske Samlinger. The four palaces were originally built for noble families.

Addition: On the Scandinavian Royal Board, Stig has posted some great photos which clearly shows the layout of these four buildings - http://members3.boardhost.com/scandinavia/msg/1263381217.html

It's not a house, it's a palace.
And it's the kitchen of a palace.

But I guess they will most probably have another kitchen - a family kitchen in a more usual seize where they can cook their family breakfasts/meals - in the private area of that palace.

BB has an article talking about the CP's future garden at Amalienborg palace.
The couple will have a water pavilion, a bench deigned by artist Jeppe Hein and a horse shaped figure made from flowers.

Would be interesting to see the garden.

It's not a house, it's a palace.
And it's the kitchen of a palace.

But I guess they will most probably have another kitchen - a family kitchen in a more usual seize where they can cook their family breakfasts/meals - in the private area of that palace.
what you say make sense, they might have a small ki6tchen for everyday use for them and an ovesize for the banquets

Back
Top Bottom