The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

very interesting. thank you

Old 10-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I think I'll put this here, the DRF has placed some pictures about a new exhibition on Amalienborg Palace.
Udstilling: Bag om Amalienborg - Kongehuset

"The exhibition: behind the Amalienborg
Amalienborg museum opens Friday, October 9, 2015 the doors to the special exhibition 'Behind the Amalienborg' by artist Pia Schutzman.

Pia Schutzman has taken unknown aspects of the palaces of Amalienborg after visiting farms, gardens, basements and attics that are not otherwise available to the public over the past few years.

The exhibition runs until and including 3 January 2016."

Old 10-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

It sounds great
Old 01-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Winter has descended over DK and the temperature has dropped. We can expect minus 17 degrees C (1 F) tonight and the cold weather may last well into March, perhaps even April.

It snowed in many parts of DK yesterday, not least in Copenhagen. Here is a picture of a sentry at Amalienborg in the snow yesterday: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...76-snevejr.jpg

As you can tell the snow is wet and sticky these days. (Come to think of it we actually have at least five or six words or descriptions of snow in Danish).

The picture puzzle me though! Normally the tent hat is only worn when it's very hot or if the guards have been called out, say due to an alarm.
And in cold weather the sentries wear a cape over the greatcoat for warmth.
So I don't know what has been going on.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

very beautiful picture, even if its freezing
Old 06-16-2016, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hola have published 2 photos of a reception room used by the Crown Prince and Princess at the Amalienborg Palace.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...amarca1t-t.jpg

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...amarca3z-z.jpg
Old 06-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Majesty

It's funny you should mention it. I was just about to write about this very room.
Great, now people can look at your pictures.

The room is called Fanegemakket = The Colour Chamber (as in a flag) and you can see it here on the floorplan as room #18: https://app.box.com/shared/t80au7kpir

Apart from obviously being the room where M&F officially meet and greet guests. The guests will be waiting in room #19. And move on into the Gobelin Hall #20 after having said hello to M&F.

The name and location is significant. The Colour Chamber, because when M&F become the Regent Couple, this is where the Colours of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment's Guards Battalion will be placed.
They will be moved here the day Frederik become king.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Tak Muhler! It is a very lovely room and I especially like the periwinkle blue color on the walls.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Absolutely gorgeous room.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

A new exhibition at Amalenborg Palace
"From the Danish Royal Family's Loft's and Cellars" Interest!!!

Amalienborg » From the Danish Royal Family’s Lofts and Cellars
Old 10-16-2016, 07:14 AM
Majesty

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #41, 2016.

Where a P.V. Finnedal wonder why Joachim and our Marie didn't move in at Christian VIII's mansion at Amalienborg after the sale of Schackenborg.
After all Joachim and Frederik had that mansion at their disposal when they turned eighteen.

Jon Bloch Skipper responds that he can well understand why Joachim moved into a villa of his own.
Christian VIII's mansion house an apartment for Joachim, but also Benedikte (and it's also the museum of Amalienborg), so there really isn't that much room.
And he can well imagine the DRF wouldn't be that interested in all of them living door to door on a daily basis.

- That sounds pretty plausible to me as well. I wouldn't like to live next door to mine or my wife's family on a daily basis - as much as I like them.
And eventually M&F's children will need the apartments at Christian VIII's mansion.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that Joachim and his family living full time at the palace while sharing it with Benedikte would not be an ideal situation for all involved. Joachim and family can enjoy their home away from the royal hustle and bustle of Amalienborg but be close enough for event.s
Old 10-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Joachim with his family moved permanently to Copenhagen and not for a weekend or a few days! So it is quite natural and understandable to want a house large and comfortable!
Old 10-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have to agree with others that it wouldn't be that great of an experience "living above the shop" so to speak at Amelienborg Palace. A home is best when its just a home and not among other things with a bunch of other people roaming around.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon

Tags
danish royal history, danish royal palaces, palaces, residences