The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Blackadder's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 113
Agreed, we won't tell them what to do with their home, we're here to express our thoughts for anyone that might be interested in reading them. For me, bad taste has its limits. I appreciate modern art in the right environment, but this poor building reminds me more of Elvis Presley's Graceland than of what it used to be. Were I QM, I would have a word or five with my son and daughter-inlaw about this.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 589
Queen Margrethe has the common sense not to tell her adult son and daughter-in-law how to decorate their own home.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:31 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
And one has to be more than ordinarily naive to think that Frederik and Mary had a free say in the restauration of this magnificient palace with is now fortunately back to former glory with a concurrent update. As stated in several posts above, the palace is supervised by the Palaces and Property Agency and funding comes from the ministry of finance. It's not like anyone from the royal family could just have a strange idea about one of the properties administered by the Places and Property Agency and just do what he or she likes

Talking about the queen 'having a word' about the result with her son and DIL is only good for one thing in this connection - a good laugh
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 589
Its very obvious that some posters do not take the time to read facts before posting.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 11-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,284
Here you can have a sneak peek into the book about the restorations :)

F8-bog_udvalgte sider.pdf

http://www.realdania.dk/Presse/Nyhed...erik8-bog.aspx

Gramtrans translation
http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=htt...=translate_url
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: los angeles, United States
Posts: 14
how big are each of the palaces in square feet? i assume they're all identical in sizes. does the one being renovated have elevators? i ask weird questions don't i?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Yes, I believe there are 'lifts' in the newly renovated Palais.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lalala, Spain
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
At least the Vanity Fair shoot had a point (albeit a weak one), an issue about introducing European royalty, with all important young European royals in it. Still, many pictures were frightfully pompous and again, in many cases it seemed as if they were just dressing up to be in a theatrical performance too.

What was the point of this shoot? The only awnser I read in this thread was that they did it for fun or because they liked it. Considering that being royal is their 'job' I do hope they will give their activities some more thought and I stick to my point that glossy pictures like these, be it by Mary, Máxima, Charlene, Diana or any other royal do not do a monarchy any favours at all. It only helps to show the irrelevance of it, as they portray the royals as nothing more than an expensive version of the Beckhams.
Well said Marengo, I agree with all you have said in this threat.

Furthermore, the fact that they run out of money to decorate the renovated palace(extra money that will come from the Danish tax-payers) should have made them less "flashy" . This pictures represent the opposite of royals concerned about over-spending.

I don't remember the Vanity Fair spread, does anyone have a link?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Furthermore, the fact that they run out of money to decorate the renovated palace(extra money that will come from the Danish tax-payers) should have made them less "flashy" . This pictures represent the opposite of royals concerned about over-spending.
Please recheck your facts.

M&F haven't run out of money. The decorations were paid for by a foundation. The palais was renovated by the state, because it belongs to the state.
M&F furnish the palais themselves, - over time.

There has been no talk of the state paying for the furnishing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 AM
wiwaxia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Douz, Tunisia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Because once the individual royal houses have received their grants from the state (tax payers) I don't see how we, the taxpayers, can claim that we are entitled to know how, when and where and for what purposes they spend their money. As long as the royals fulfil their part of the bargain - for Queen Margrethe that is for example to use most of her grant to maintain the castles she has a right of occupation to - this is it! If one royal house decide to use some of their funds for travelling, another on using a day or two on a photo shoot (probably no money involved), a third on something quite different - this is just not our business and we should keep our noses out of their private money matters.

Claiming that a day of a photo shoot must upset the tax payers is downright silly IMO. People really need to get this tax payer thing into perspective. How the tax payer even got into this discussion about a photo shoot still beats me

I have noticed that is often people who do not live in monarchies who are extremely focused on 'the hard-suffering tax payers' in monarchies. I don't for one moment believe that a presidency would be cheaper for the tax payers. It's OK to have the origin of the money of individual royal houses in mind, but some really need to get some perspective into it. It's not like the royals are the tax payers' financial hostages.
{edit}
As for the Queen using her portion on maintenance of the castles, this is not accurate, the 'Palaces and Properties Agency' covers that About us - Palaces and Properties Agency

{edit}

Thanks for your answer!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 12-17-2010, 09:24 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwaxia View Post
As for the Queen using her portion on maintenance of the castles, this is not accurate, the 'Palaces and Properties Agency' covers that About us - Palaces and Properties Agency
It's accurate all right. The royal family has to pay for interior maintenance, the Palaces and Properties Agency for exterior maintenance.

And your point of view is fine by me; we can definitely agree to disagree
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM
wiwaxia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Douz, Tunisia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
It's accurate all right. The royal family has to pay for interior maintenance, the Palaces and Properties Agency for exterior maintenance.


And your point of view is fine by me; we can definitely agree to disagree
The family most definitely did not pay for the interior of the Crown Prince Couples newly renovated palace.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 12-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,088
Anyway, M&F pay for the furnishing and daily maintanaince and expences of the homes they live in.

I.e. paint jobs, general service, electricity, heating, cleaning, accomodation for staff (it's also a workplace) and son on.
The state pay for exterior maintanaince and major repairs.

M&F can be compared to tenants.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwaxia View Post
The family most definitely did not pay for the interior of the Crown Prince Couples newly renovated palace.
Where did you get the information that the didn't pay for the interior?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Guimarães, Portugal
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Where did you get the information that the didn't pay for the interior?
Well, i don't know either if they paid it or not. But in any case it was with money they get from taxpayers (or allowance they get every years for their maintenance).
And, i remember i have read on BT i think, and some danish newspaper's that the crown prince couple didn´t or don´t have money (or budget) to the furniture.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 12-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonieta View Post
Well, i don't know either if they paid it or not. But in any case it was with money they get from taxpayers (or allowance they get every years for their maintenance).
And, i remember i have read on BT i think, and some danish newspaper's that the crown prince couple didn´t or don´t have money (or budget) to the furniture.
Ah, I see.
The apanage is used to cover their expenses, i.e. salaries, administration of the court and so on.
The surplus which they can use to whatever they want. Including furnitures.

BT, a tabloid, is not the most reliable source of info. The reporters dealing with royalty, tend to go for headlines before facts.

I think you refer to the fact that M&F at present don't have that many suitable furnitures for their new home.
The majority of the furnitures they do have are of course in use in Kancellihuset and most of these furnitures will most likely stay there.

The furnitures that were in place in the palais before the renovation, was to put it blunty, mostly old rubbish. As the furnitures worth using had long since been divided in the family when Queen Ingrid died.

Unfortunately they can't plunder the other palaces for furnitures. They do after all belong to the QMII and PH.

So, with a few exceptions, M&F will have to start from scratch. Over the years M&F are going to buy, get as presents and borrow furnitures to be used in their new home.

Once M&F become the regent couple things will naturally change, they'll have more means at their disposal and they will inherit a large number of furnitures. (There is after all a limit to how many furnitures Joachim can use at Schackenborg). - But it's hardly something they plan for, as QMII will hopefully live for some years more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 12-17-2010, 01:37 PM
wiwaxia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Douz, Tunisia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Ah, I see.
The apanage is used to cover their expenses, i.e. salaries, administration of the court and so on.
The surplus which they can use to whatever they want. Including furnitures.

BT, a tabloid, is not the most reliable source of info. The reporters dealing with royalty, tend to go for headlines before facts.

I think you refer to the fact that M&F at present don't have that many suitable furnitures for their new home.
The majority of the furnitures they do have are of course in use in Kancellihuset and most of these furnitures will most likely stay there.

The furnitures that were in place in the palais before the renovation, was to put it blunty, mostly old rubbish. As the furnitures worth using had long since been divided in the family when Queen Ingrid died.

Unfortunately they can't plunder the other palaces for furnitures. They do after all belong to the QMII and PH.

So, with a few exceptions, M&F will have to start from scratch. Over the years M&F are going to buy, get as presents and borrow furnitures to be used in their new home.

Once M&F become the regent couple things will naturally change, they'll have more means at their disposal and they will inherit a large number of furnitures. (There is after all a limit to how many furnitures Joachim can use at Schackenborg). - But it's hardly something they plan for, as QMII will hopefully live for some years more.

Garden, and artwork, courtesy of Realdania, and the cost 22 million kroner:


Frederik VIII


The 'Palace & Property Agency' were the builders responsible for the project, cost 163,5 million kroner, in other words, the tax payers, over and above the annual apanage, this is common knowledge, and a fact.


('163,5 millioner har den aktuelle ombygning af Frederik VIII’s Palæ kostet os' from this link:
Det kongelige guldbur er fremragende renoveret - iBYEN.dk )


How do you know that 'most of the furnitures were mostly old rubbish'? Someone else didn't seem to think so, since they are now being restored, very carefully, to be used by the family, and as for 'plundering' other palaces, they have actually done precisely that, much of it has come from some other palaces. Billed Bladet ( I understand you have little faith in them...) have an article on the subject of the furniture this week. (No. 50 December 16th)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 12-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwaxia View Post


How do you know that 'most of the furnitures were mostly old rubbish'? Someone else did'nt seem to think so, since they are now being restored, very carefully, to be used by the family, and as for 'plundering' other palaces, they have actually done precisely that, much of it has come from some other palaces. Billed Bladet ( I understand you have little faith in them...) have an article on the subject of the furniture this week. (No. 50 December 16th)
But the remaining furniture was old and unusable, wasn't it? Wouldn't that be the reason it is being carefully restored for them to use?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 12-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwaxia View Post
Garden, and artwork, courtesy of Realdania, and the cost 22 million kroner:


Frederik VIII


The 'Palace & Property Agency' were the builders responsible for the project, cost 163,5 million kroner, in other words, the tax payers, over and above the annual apanage, this is common knowledge, and a fact.


('163,5 millioner har den aktuelle ombygning af Frederik VIII’s Palæ kostet os' from this link:
Det kongelige guldbur er fremragende renoveret - iBYEN.dk )


How do you know that 'most of the furnitures were mostly old rubbish'? Someone else didn't seem to think so, since they are now being restored, very carefully, to be used by the family, and as for 'plundering' other palaces, they have actually done precisely that, much of it has come from some other palaces. Billed Bladet ( I understand you have little faith in them...) have an article on the subject of the furniture this week. (No. 50 December 16th)
The article you refer to above is from a republican paper.
The renovation was of course the responisibility of Slots & Ejendomsstyrelsen, the government department dealing with state property, because the building belongs to the state.
That is evident from the article you posted.
The 163 million DKK is what the state paid for the project, again, it's says so in the article.
Did I say anything else?
I believe I stated in a previous post that the state pay for exterior maintanaince and major renovations. The state is not paying for furnishing the palais. And with furnishing I mean furnitures. (A pretty expensive investment).

Apart from that a foundation also subsidiced the artwork. I cannot remember the name off hand, but you can easily find the details.

As for the old furnitures being less than useful (old rubbish), that has been mentioned in at least one article I read somewhere. I cannot remember off hand if it was also mentioned in a documentary about the renovation. I will do a search if you insist.

As for Billed Bladet #50. I have it right here. There is no article on the subject of furnitures. There are in total 8 pages with M&F, but no furnitures.
There was an article last week, #49. Which I also have right here. It's titled: Mary står for flytningen - Mary is in charge of moving. (I wrote a summary last week).
There are no details about any furnitures in that article... Only that Mary is busy being in charge of moving in.

Nor were there any details regarding furnitures in week #48....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
wiwaxia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Douz, Tunisia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The article you refer to above is from a republican paper.
The renovation was of course the responisibility of Slots & Ejendomsstyrelsen, the government department dealing with state property, because the building belongs to the state.
That is evident from the article you posted.
The 163 million DKK is what the state paid for the project, again, it's says so in the article.
Did I say anything else?
I believe I stated in a previous post that the state pay for exterior maintanaince and major renovations. The state is not paying for furnishing the palais. And with furnishing I mean furnitures. (A pretty expensive investment).

Apart from that a foundation also subsidiced the artwork. I cannot remember the name off hand, but you can easily find the details.

As for the old furnitures being less than useful (old rubbish), that has been mentioned in at least one article I read somewhere. I cannot remember off hand if it was also mentioned in a documentary about the renovation. I will do a search if you insist.

As for Billed Bladet #50. I have it right here. There is no article on the subject of furnitures. There are in total 8 pages with M&F, but no furnitures.
There was an article last week, #49. Which I also have right here. It's titled: Mary står for flytningen - Mary is in charge of moving. (I wrote a summary last week).
There are no details about any furnitures in that article... Only that Mary is busy being in charge of moving in.

Nor were there any details regarding furnitures in week #48....


Does it alter a fact if it's from a republican newspaper? - facts are facts.

If you read my post you will see that I posted a link to the fund that paid for the artwork, it's the first sentence...(post 188)

With reference to Billed Bladet, and the article on the furniture, you can find it on page 54 and 55, you missed the bit about the Artwork, so maybe you missed that too.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danish royal history, danish royal palaces, palaces, residences


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Mary as Patron of the Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (2005-2014) Chatleen Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 436 08-25-2014 08:39 PM
Crown Princess Victoria's Course with the UNDP in Copenhagen; 2003 Lena Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 46 01-13-2004 05:34 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman palace pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]