The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
So, there is a tweet today from the Keeper of the Ravens about how they are phasing out the ravens and inviting in pigeons.
I heard about that too. Seems that they're going to use a wonderful breed of carrier pigeons for top secret messages. You've never heard of a pigeon being hacked have you?

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
So, there is a tweet today from the Keeper of the Ravens about how they are phasing out the ravens and inviting in pigeons.
The lads at the Tower actually went to the trouble of recording a video to tweet out. It's funny enough to deserve a look at:

https://twitter.com/TowerOfLondon/st...03319141367808

I got a belly laugh imagining the filming and editing of the video. I'll bet the crew are a lot of fun to be around. Chris Skaife certainly is a good actor; very funny!

Old 04-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh sheesh... that is too funny. How the heck Chris ever kept a straight face to look so serious about his new "position" escapes me. Very well done!
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh sheesh... that is too funny. How the heck Chris ever kept a straight face to look so serious about his new "position" escapes me. Very well done!
So very good. Nothing like an excellent bit of very dry Brit wit to start the day!
Old 05-14-2019, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

A man managed to enter the Tower of London at around 10.50pm on Saturday 6 April - hours after it closed.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-illeg...ewels-11719977

8th of January,2020 -Death of HRH The Infanta Doña Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz,Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Old 07-30-2019, 10:20 AM
Majesty

Some great pics here

The secret life of Beefeaters! How Yeoman Warders lived with their wives and children inside The Tower of London in 1951... and even had a pint in their own pub after a hard day protecting the crown jewels