The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2018, 07:10 PM
Nobility

Sussex Residences: Frogmore Cottage and Nottingham Cottage

The Queen has given Frogmore Cottage in Windsor to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

They will move in next year and it's going to be their official residence.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...00360199249920

H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden addressing the crowd on her wedding day to Daniel Westling; June 19th, 2010.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

According to Emily Andrews at The Sun, Harry and Meghan will be moving into Frogmore Cottage
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/781588...eghan-windsor/

Old 11-23-2018, 07:13 PM
Nobility

According to Emily Andrews the Queen has given Harry and Meghan Frogmore Cottage at Windsor.
Exclusive: Harry & Meghan are moving out of Kensington Palace next year. They’ve been given a new house by the Queen and it will be their official residence. It’s currently undergoing a large refurbishment to turn it back from staff accommodation to a family home.
The 20-room Apartment 1 at Kensington Palace, next door to William & Kate’s apartment at 1a, will become available next year as the Duke & Duchess of Gloucester are moving to a smaller part of KP. But Harry & Meghan have chosen not to move there.
Instead the Queen has given them Frogmore Cottage in Windsor. It’s within the private Home Park and faces the beautiful grounds of Frogmore House. It’s where they had their private evening wedding party & where their gorgeous engagement pictures were shot.
It needs major building work to turn it back into a luxury family home, boasting 10 bedrooms & a new nursery plus space for a gym & yoga studio. Currently it’s been chopped up into 5 units where palace staff have been living. Harry, Meghan & baby Sussex hope to move in next year.
- Emily Andrews twitter
Old 11-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

WOW!!! I had hoped this might happen..but figured there was no way it would!!!!!

Now to see if it's true.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2018, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

Not sure if I believe Emily Andrews.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
WOW!!! I had hoped this might happen..but figured there was no way it would!!!!!

Now to see if it's true.

LaRae
Frogmore Cottage not Frogmore House. Just in case there’s confusion.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Re: Frogmore Cottage--let's wait and see. Not sure I'm buying the "tension between the brothers" line that The Sun seems to be selling. And if Frogmore Cottage really requires that much work, a move-in date for next year seems very optimistic, not to mention finding space somewhere for all the current occupants. Interesting, if true, that there's a willingness to dislocate the occupants of 5 apartments, however. I'm not sure the optics of that are great.

Edited to add: I haven't been keeping track, but how reliable is Emily Andrews in general?
Old 11-23-2018, 07:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Re: Frogmore Cottage--let's wait and see. Not sure I'm buying the "tension between the brothers" line that The Sun seems to be selling. And if Frogmore Cottage really requires that much work, a move-in date for next year seems very optimistic, not to mention finding space somewhere for all the current occupants. Interesting, if true, that there's a willingness to dislocate the occupants of 5 apartments, however. I'm not sure the optics of that are great.

Edited to add: I haven't been keeping track, but how reliable is Emily Andrews in general?
Emily is not a reliable source.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to Emily Andrews at The Sun, Harry and Meghan will be moving into Frogmore Cottage
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/781588...eghan-windsor/
Hope this is true.

Reconverting the space from 5 separate apartments back into rooms will be extensive work, though. As for the tenants, they would have been notified of the possibility at the engagement.

I don’t believe there is tension between the brothers, simply a desire to live their lives separately. They aren’t supposed to be attached at the hip in every single thing they do.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Frogmore Cottage not Frogmore House. Just in case there’s confusion.

Yes I realize it's not the main house. The estate/location is what I was referring to.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2018, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Patricia Treble tweeted,

Quote:
If Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex move into a renovated Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Castle estate, as reported @byEmilyAndrews, then safety considerations will have to be addressed, including access by the public. This is my photo of the cottage from 2016.
https://twitter.com/PatriciaTreble/s...10614928613377
Old 11-23-2018, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Emily is not a reliable source.
That was my assumption, but was just checking--thank you!

And I doubt the residents of the apartments would have been informed at the time of the engagement, otherwise there would have been rumors long ago.

And that is extremely close to the walking path.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure that makes any sense then...there would be no privacy and there's no way I can imagine Harry/Meghan would be willing to do that unless the paths were being shut down or a big wall put up.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2018, 08:28 PM
Nobility

This whole story is filled with potholes. Emily Andrews is making a lot of assumptions in this piece based on her 'source'. William and Kate wanting to move into Diana's old apartment? A fall out between the brothers? Harry and Meghan moving to a place that will displace many people and is open to the public? No public records for permission to renovate Frogmore Cottage?

Personally, I will wait on KP to release something than to rely on a hack reporter who is wrong more times than she is right.

I also think that this could be a 'plant' story to see who can and cannot be trusted nowadays within KP.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
This whole story is filled with potholes. Emily Andrews is making a lot of assumptions in this piece based on her 'source'. William and Kate wanting to move into Diana's old apartment? A fall out between the brothers? Harry and Meghan moving to a place that will displace many people and is open to the public? No public records for permission to renovate Frogmore Cottage?

Personally, I will wait on KP to release something than to rely on a hack reporter who is wrong more times than she is right.

I also think that this could be a 'plant' story to see who can and cannot be trusted nowadays within KP.
That wouldn't at all be surprising, and it may not even be for people within KP. It could be a plant for the friend group. Wouldn't be the first time.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Well Roya Nikkhah reported last month the brothers were going their separate ways as William’s destiny is much different from Harry’s.

It’s just a matter of where Harry and Meghan will live.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's just silly...they aren't going their separate ways...they will be working together the next 40 or more years. They may (yet to be seen) have separate offices but I hardly see that as an indicator of some sort of drama or tension...which is what these people are implying and trying to create a stir.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post

There are, in fact, currently two public records for planning permission for the renovation of Frogmore Cottage, both filed on October 26, 2018. Interestingly, a similar document is attached to both applications, which includes the following text:

Quote:
The Local Planning Authority can confirm that the application contains sensitive information and therefore the public register is not accompanied by any forms, drawings or supporting documents. The application will be advertised in the usual way but there is no additional information that is publicly disclosable.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:59 PM
Serene Highness

I would be glad if Harry and Meghan get Frogmore Cottage as their country residence.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
There are, in fact, currently two public records for planning permission for the renovation of Frogmore Cottage, both filed on October 26, 2018. Interestingly, a similar document is attached to both applications, which includes the following text:
There you go. Frogmore.