Sussex Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Emily Andrews the Queen has given Harry and Meghan Frogmore Cottage at Windsor.
Exclusive: Harry & Meghan are moving out of Kensington Palace next year. They’ve been given a new house by the Queen and it will be their official residence. It’s currently undergoing a large refurbishment to turn it back from staff accommodation to a family home.
The 20-room Apartment 1 at Kensington Palace, next door to William & Kate’s apartment at 1a, will become available next year as the Duke & Duchess of Gloucester are moving to a smaller part of KP. But Harry & Meghan have chosen not to move there.
Instead the Queen has given them Frogmore Cottage in Windsor. It’s within the private Home Park and faces the beautiful grounds of Frogmore House. It’s where they had their private evening wedding party & where their gorgeous engagement pictures were shot.
It needs major building work to turn it back into a luxury family home, boasting 10 bedrooms & a new nursery plus space for a gym & yoga studio. Currently it’s been chopped up into 5 units where palace staff have been living. Harry, Meghan & baby Sussex hope to move in next year.
- Emily Andrews twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!! I had hoped this might happen..but figured there was no way it would!!!!!

Now to see if it's true.

LaRae

Last edited:
Not sure if I believe Emily Andrews.

WOW!!! I had hoped this might happen..but figured there was no way it would!!!!!

Now to see if it's true.

LaRae

Frogmore Cottage not Frogmore House. Just in case there’s confusion.

Re: Frogmore Cottage--let's wait and see. Not sure I'm buying the "tension between the brothers" line that The Sun seems to be selling. And if Frogmore Cottage really requires that much work, a move-in date for next year seems very optimistic, not to mention finding space somewhere for all the current occupants. Interesting, if true, that there's a willingness to dislocate the occupants of 5 apartments, however. I'm not sure the optics of that are great.

Edited to add: I haven't been keeping track, but how reliable is Emily Andrews in general?

Re: Frogmore Cottage--let's wait and see. Not sure I'm buying the "tension between the brothers" line that The Sun seems to be selling. And if Frogmore Cottage really requires that much work, a move-in date for next year seems very optimistic, not to mention finding space somewhere for all the current occupants. Interesting, if true, that there's a willingness to dislocate the occupants of 5 apartments, however. I'm not sure the optics of that are great.

Edited to add: I haven't been keeping track, but how reliable is Emily Andrews in general?

Emily is not a reliable source.

According to Emily Andrews at The Sun, Harry and Meghan will be moving into Frogmore Cottage
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7815881/harry-set-to-split-from-big-brother-wills-meghan-windsor/

Hope this is true.

Reconverting the space from 5 separate apartments back into rooms will be extensive work, though. As for the tenants, they would have been notified of the possibility at the engagement.

I don’t believe there is tension between the brothers, simply a desire to live their lives separately. They aren’t supposed to be attached at the hip in every single thing they do.

Last edited:
Frogmore Cottage not Frogmore House. Just in case there’s confusion.

Yes I realize it's not the main house. The estate/location is what I was referring to.

LaRae

Patricia Treble tweeted,

If Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex move into a renovated Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Castle estate, as reported @byEmilyAndrews, then safety considerations will have to be addressed, including access by the public. This is my photo of the cottage from 2016.

Emily is not a reliable source.

That was my assumption, but was just checking--thank you!

And I doubt the residents of the apartments would have been informed at the time of the engagement, otherwise there would have been rumors long ago.

And that is extremely close to the walking path.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that makes any sense then...there would be no privacy and there's no way I can imagine Harry/Meghan would be willing to do that unless the paths were being shut down or a big wall put up.

LaRae

This whole story is filled with potholes. Emily Andrews is making a lot of assumptions in this piece based on her 'source'. William and Kate wanting to move into Diana's old apartment? A fall out between the brothers? Harry and Meghan moving to a place that will displace many people and is open to the public? No public records for permission to renovate Frogmore Cottage?

Personally, I will wait on KP to release something than to rely on a hack reporter who is wrong more times than she is right.

I also think that this could be a 'plant' story to see who can and cannot be trusted nowadays within KP.

This whole story is filled with potholes. Emily Andrews is making a lot of assumptions in this piece based on her 'source'. William and Kate wanting to move into Diana's old apartment? A fall out between the brothers? Harry and Meghan moving to a place that will displace many people and is open to the public? No public records for permission to renovate Frogmore Cottage?

Personally, I will wait on KP to release something than to rely on a hack reporter who is wrong more times than she is right.

I also think that this could be a 'plant' story to see who can and cannot be trusted nowadays within KP.

That wouldn't at all be surprising, and it may not even be for people within KP. It could be a plant for the friend group. Wouldn't be the first time.

Well Roya Nikkhah reported last month the brothers were going their separate ways as William’s destiny is much different from Harry’s.

It’s just a matter of where Harry and Meghan will live.

Last edited:
That's just silly...they aren't going their separate ways...they will be working together the next 40 or more years. They may (yet to be seen) have separate offices but I hardly see that as an indicator of some sort of drama or tension...which is what these people are implying and trying to create a stir.

LaRae

There are, in fact, currently two public records for planning permission for the renovation of Frogmore Cottage, both filed on October 26, 2018. Interestingly, a similar document is attached to both applications, which includes the following text:

The Local Planning Authority can confirm that the application contains sensitive information and therefore the public register is not accompanied by any forms, drawings or supporting documents. The application will be advertised in the usual way but there is no additional information that is publicly disclosable.

I would be glad if Harry and Meghan get Frogmore Cottage as their country residence.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are, in fact, currently two public records for planning permission for the renovation of Frogmore Cottage, both filed on October 26, 2018. Interestingly, a similar document is attached to both applications, which includes the following text:

There you go. Frogmore.

Frogmore Cottage is the best fit. Harry and Meghan spent a lot of time in the area pre-engagement. Their engagement photos, wedding and reception were at Windsor. They will live in the security of the private part of Windsor Castle. Win win!

Frogmore Cottage is the best fit. Harry and Meghan spent a lot of time in the area pre-engagement. Their engagement photos, wedding and reception were at Windsor. They will live in the security of the private part of Windsor Castle. Win win!

It is a good fit, however, security is a massive issue. And they will also be displacing Windsor staff. I think waiting for an announcement is key. Hopefully it will spell out concerns about staff displacement and security.

The Sussex’s and Cambridge’s aren’t separating folks. They will live in separate places, but those four are sticking together for a very long time. Especially under their Royal Foundation.

Frogmore Cottage makes a lot more sense than living in the Cotwolds. If nothing else, I can't see commuting that amount of time and distance for engagements which are frequently in London when there is a baby involved.

On the other hand, security is a significant issue, and I suppose would involve relocating the public path. Even if the number of days per year that Frogmore is open are few, having people basically being able to see into the windows as they go by would concern me if I were in charge of security.

How many homes is this now that HM has 'gifted' to Harry and Meghan? 5, 6 or more. Every few weeks a new 'house' is gifted. No doubt one day one will be correct, maybe this is a correct story but given how many times this story comes out but with a different 'cottage' 'house' etc I am not sure if I am ready to believe this.

When the announcement comes from BP, KP or CH then it will be believable (something like an entry in the CC for instance ... which in the past, for instance was quite a regular occurrence - Bagshot and Royal Lodge were regular appearances for Andrew and Edward but from the mid 2000s onwards it was only BP for them.

How does this verify anything? The same argument has been made for other properties at KP.

LaRae

It would be a pretty big coincidence if it’s not Frogmore Cottage given sensitive planning applications were filed last month.

They’ll probably get a long term lease like Edward has. Frogmore Cottage is a Crown estate property so it’s not a ‘gift’ from the Queen.

Leasing a property at Windsor makes a lot of sense, And with the application for renovation seems to have some veracity.
But there are other things in Emily’s story that seem off, so we’ll see.

Leasing a property at Windsor makes a lot of sense, And with the application for renovation seems to have some veracity.
But there are other things in Emily’s story that seem off, so we’ll see.
Emily is a tabloid reporter! She probably took a grain of truth (Harry and Meghan moving into Frogmore Cottage) and spun it into a world exclusive adding in juicy tidbits like tension between the brothers and H&M not wanting to live next to W&K.:bang::whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom