The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The Queen has a finely honed sense of what is proper and what is not. Riding over to a crime scene to bug the officers on duty definitely falls into not!

HM was properly informed as the landowner and probably briefed in far more depth than almost anyone else in her position because she is The Queen. Her riding has more to do with the "Keep Calm and Carry On" lifestyle she lives, particularly since the Duke's heart operation. As many have pointed out, she and the rest of the Royals have the rest of the 20,000
odd acres on which to ride, hunt, etc.
Of course neither you nor I know exactly what happened during the Queen's ride in that general area that morning. And I certainly never suggested that she went there to bug the officers on duty. It is reasonable to believe that she had the right and the interest to ride within eyeshot of the scene. That is all I said. Most landowners, if permitted, would have done the same thing. Likely neither of us will ever know where HM rode that morning. But if she chose to ride there, it was certainly not improper.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

How absolutely rediculous. It amazes me sometimes what these magazines and reporters come up with. To think the Queen would be suspected is completely mental. I dont even know what else to say other than hogwash!!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Courtier

It was a joke, folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
How absolutely rediculous. It amazes me sometimes what these magazines and reporters come up with. To think the Queen would be suspected is completely mental. I dont even know what else to say other than hogwash!!!!
No one, not even the most ardent of royal-haters, would believe that HM was a suspect. And the Queen is a human being like all of us- jokes will be made. This joke was totally harmless.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

O.k., O.k. I lost it for a minute there. I should just take it as another ploy to get on my nerves. :)
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just read a message of Sky News via Twitter,that "Body found on Queen's estate identified as that of 17-year-old Alisa Dmitrijeva",her surname sounds either Russian or Bulgarian.
Additional news on BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...571#TWEET57510
Old 01-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank goodness she's been identified. The news will be very sad for her loved ones, but at least they'll be able to mourn her now and put her to rest. Poor girl. I hope that they find her killer quickly and that he sees justice soon.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes,it's a great tragedy...
Sky News reported that the murdered girl was from Latvia.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

So the news here is saying that the body found on the estate is that of the 17 year old girl Alisa. Anyone heard anything else?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that this poor girl's been identified, perhaps the family can now reach some closure. And I echo Mermaid's sentiments that hopefully the killer is brought to justice soon. And this is coverage from the Daily News in New York:

Body found at Queen
Old 01-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Majesty

It appears that the body found on the grounds of Sandringham Estate has been identified. It's the young woman from Lativia. What a terrible event for her family, even if it provides some sort of closure.

Sandringham body identified as missing Latvian student | UK news | The Guardian

It also looks like the Duke of Edinburgh will be taking it easy. He is to perform one engagement this month and none next month. After, the couple's children will accompany Her Majesty on her engagements in the Duke's stead. It's a little sad, but necessary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...Edinburgh.html

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Body on Queen's Sandringham estate named
Body on Queen's Sandringham estate named | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

Quote:
Alisa was murdered in Queen Elizabeth's country house
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...0landsted.aspx

http://translate.google.com.tr/trans...d.aspx&act=url
Old 01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Thank goodness they were able to find out who this girl was. It will at least give the family some closure and they can go on with their lives. May she rest in peace now.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle
Thank goodness they were able to find out who this girl was. It will at least give the family some closure and they can go on with their lives. May she rest in peace now.
Yeah, it was surprising anyway, i would never have though that would happen in a ROYAL residence!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacii11 View Post
Yeah, it was surprising anyway, i would never have though that would happen in a ROYAL residence!

Yes be remember that it didn't happen at the house but on the estate which covers a number of hectares and has a number of villages actually on the estate.

The house is on 24 hectares and then there are an additional 240 hectares that consist of the Country Park that is open to the public year round, even when the Queen is in residence. There is then an additonal about 8000 hectares that are used as farmland.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Commoner

Queen's Sandringham estate receives 7 million pounds subsidies from EU :

Queen's Sandringham estate receives £7m farming subsidies from EU | Mail Online
Old 03-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOfPomerania View Post
Queen's Sandringham estate receives 7 million pounds subsidies from EU :

Queen's Sandringham estate receives £7m farming subsidies from EU | Mail Online
Well, it's not like she uses the money to install new golden valves at her bathroom... AFAIK her estate is a working farm. The money serves to make the human labour, which is costly, cheaper, so that a farmer can concentrate to farm what the soil really can give instead of producing as much as possible in order to earn enough money. It doesn't matter if the owner of an state is rich or not in his own right, it's the estate who gets the money and this money is used to keep the estate profitable and to enable more environment friendly farming. The Royals are known to invest in their estate for that purpose, so it's good they get help from the taxpayer. Because that is why we all pay taxes - to enable the state to allocate money for purposes that are deemed important and good for the citizens.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Love it!
The money is for the workers on her estate, the DM has chosen to sensationalise the story to get more readers in a time of "austerity".
Old 03-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Sandringham seems to remind me of an estate in the country and it could he cozy inside.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

That's some 30th birthday gift! Queen gives William a cottage at Sandringham
By KATIE NICHOLL

Read more: That's some 30th birthday gift! Queen gives William a cottage at Sandringham | Mail Online
Old 06-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Nobility

The Telegraph has also picked up the same story.

It's certainly an interesting move. Not only was William's great-grandfather, George VI, born on the Sandringham estate, but I believe that Diana was born at Park House on the estate. In fact, Diana spent her childhood there until her father became an earl and moved the family to Althrop.

My only concern is that William is essentially going to be living at Sandringham before his father has a chance to inherit the property from the Queen. It's not the same as William getting an apartment at Buckingham Palace while his father is still waiting in Clarence House. Still, I wonder if this might cause some concern on William's part.

Of course, if it would have been an issue for Charles, he could have purchased a home for William using Duchy of Cornwall funds or had a cottage built on Highgrove property.