The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

According to the BBC news, a body of a woman was found on the estate on New Years Day and the police are treating it as murder.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Mysterious body found in Elizabeth's castle
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...hs%20slot.aspx

http://translate.google.com.tr/trans...t.aspx&act=url

Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

That headline to the story is very misleading. The body was found in some bushes on the Sandringham estate, not in the residence itself, but that might have to do with the Google translation. At any rate, this is a shocker especially if death wasn't due to natural causes. This is turning out to be a Sandringham Christmas that is memorable in several ways.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
wow isnt that strange? I guess being on such a huge property you wouldnt even know there was a body. I wonder what happened. as for the jewels, one of my favorite tiaras. ...[snipped].
Lady Gabrielle is quite right; the Queen's two private estates are very large indeed. I have been to both several times - or rather, the public bits! The saying goes that if you position yourself carefully [i.e. fairly centrally] 'it all belongs to the Queen as far as the eye can see'. I always feel at Balmoral and Sandringham that if you don't take note very carefully of where you are going, you could easily get yourself completely lost very quickly indeed.

It's the same with Windsor [although of course this is not the Queen's private property.] Position yourself carefully on the [Crown] Estate, and you literally feel as if you are in the middle of nowhere [apart from the planes flying overhead to and from nearby Heathrow.] Yet the huge connurbations of Slough etc are compartively very close indeed.

Compare all this with the Principality of Monaco, which can easily fit in its entirety into London's very central Hyde Park.

The fact that the press is reporting that the body was found on the Sandringham Estate makes it sound much closer to Sandringham House [and the BRF] than it actually was. The BBC are now reporting that the body was found at Anmer [the village where the Duke and Duchess of Kent used to have their country home before they moved to Henley on Thames]. Thus, the gruesome discovery was made at a site some distance away from the Queen and the Duke, who would not ever have been in close proximity to the location.
Alex
Old 01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Police have launched a murder inquiry following the discovery of a woman's body on the Queen's Sandrinham Estate in Norfolk.
Sandringham Estate: woman discovered near Royal home was murdered - Telegraph
Old 01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully this woman can be identified soon and be properly put to rest. She must have family or friends who've been worried about her.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Research at the Sandringham royal palace, the scene of a tragic event
Investigación en el palacio real de Sandringham, escenario de un trágico suceso

Google Google Translate
Old 01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

Well the news here is saying that the woman was murdered. IT seems the BRF have a true murder mystery on their hands! Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Well the news here is saying that the woman was murdered. IT seems the BRF have a true murder mystery on their hands! Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him?
I was saying the same thing to a friend on fb who shared the article about this. Of course knowing Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson, we'd be seeing a great deal of hilarity and adventure while they're trying to see what actually went on. And if I remember correctly, the housekeeper was more keen on all this then the two detectives combined. Of course I could be wrong, since it's been a long time since I've read these stories.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I can imagine there must be a number of families who have missing loved ones and are looking at this case with trepidation.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Courtier

I am wondering if/speculating that the Queen was riding out to the scene of the investigation. She is the property owner, and I would imagine that she has the right to see what is being done on her property. She would also likely think it her duty. When the story first broke, I wondered if she had been the one to spot the victim, but her ride took place on the following day.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness

So has anything else been said or updated yet on who the girl was? Poor dear.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Majesty

The latest from 'The Telegraph'. It's not looking very good here .

Sandringham Estate body is of woman aged as young as 15 - Telegraph

Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

This is really sad; poor girl and her family. I hope they can solve this case soon.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Serene Highness

Wow that is pretty sad. Poor girl. Poor family. Hope they are able to give someones family closure soon.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Aristocracy

May she rest in eternal bliss with the angels. I hope the person who discovered her is not too traumatised.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Howe stupid is this? Read this headline....

Royal Watch: Queen Not Suspected in Sandringham Whodunit; Pippa Preps for an 80s-Themed Bash | Blogs | Vanity Fair

I wonder who writes such nutty things: how could a woman aged 85 with the public presence of HM meet such a girl, kidnap and murder her and then leave her where her husband prefers to hunt over Christmas? Without anyone noticing? So why should she be a suspect at all?

How low can a publication steep to sell papers or generate public interest I wonder?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I am wondering if/speculating that the Queen was riding out to the scene of the investigation. She is the property owner, and I would imagine that she has the right to see what is being done on her property. She would also likely think it her duty. When the story first broke, I wondered if she had been the one to spot the victim, but her ride took place on the following day.
The Queen has a finely honed sense of what is proper and what is not. Riding over to a crime scene to bug the officers on duty definitely falls into not!

HM was properly informed as the landowner and probably briefed in far more depth than almost anyone else in her position because she is The Queen. Her riding has more to do with the "Keep Calm and Carry On" lifestyle she lives, particularly since the Duke's heart operation. As many have pointed out, she and the rest of the Royals have the rest of the 20,000
odd acres on which to ride, hunt, etc.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post

Royal Watch: Queen Not Suspected in Sandringham Whodunit; Pippa Preps for an 80s-Themed Bash | Blogs | Vanity Fair

I wonder who writes such nutty things: how could a woman aged 85 with the public presence of HM meet such a girl, kidnap and murder her and then leave her where her husband prefers to hunt over Christmas? Without anyone noticing? So why should she be a suspect at all?

How low can a publication steep to sell papers or generate public interest I wonder?
Obviously the headline is purely for shock value so people will read the story. I can't imagine anyone even entertaining a thought that HM is a suspect and would/should take this with a grain of salt. And publications will undoubtedly sink to all-time lows just to generate public interest.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post

Um...wow. I really have no words, and think that it's indeed low to write something like that. However, what's lower, is people probably going all out to purchase the magazine and believe that what's written there is the truth. Disgraceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Obviously the headline is purely for shock value so people will read the story. I can't imagine anyone even entertaining a thought that HM is a suspect and would/should take this with a grain of salt. And publications will undoubtedly sink to all-time lows just to generate public interest.
I'm in agreement. Also, we must remember that a great deal of these magazines are geared towards the average Joe, who doesn't know anything about monarchy or the British Royal Family (except maybe that there's one in England and that the country has a Queen). Magazines are well aware of their audiences and will write what will sell the most copies.