Sandringham House

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am wondering if/speculating that the Queen was riding out to the scene of the investigation. She is the property owner, and I would imagine that she has the right to see what is being done on her property. She would also likely think it her duty. When the story first broke, I wondered if she had been the one to spot the victim, but her ride took place on the following day.

So has anything else been said or updated yet on who the girl was? Poor dear.

This is really sad; poor girl and her family. I hope they can solve this case soon.

Last edited:
Wow that is pretty sad. Poor girl. Poor family. Hope they are able to give someones family closure soon.

May she rest in eternal bliss with the angels. I hope the person who discovered her is not too traumatised.

Howe stupid is this? Read this headline....

Royal Watch: Queen Not Suspected in Sandringham Whodunit; Pippa Preps for an 80s-Themed Bash | Blogs | Vanity Fair

I wonder who writes such nutty things: how could a woman aged 85 with the public presence of HM meet such a girl, kidnap and murder her and then leave her where her husband prefers to hunt over Christmas? Without anyone noticing? So why should she be a suspect at all?

How low can a publication steep to sell papers or generate public interest I wonder?

I am wondering if/speculating that the Queen was riding out to the scene of the investigation. She is the property owner, and I would imagine that she has the right to see what is being done on her property. She would also likely think it her duty. When the story first broke, I wondered if she had been the one to spot the victim, but her ride took place on the following day.
The Queen has a finely honed sense of what is proper and what is not. Riding over to a crime scene to bug the officers on duty definitely falls into not!

HM was properly informed as the landowner and probably briefed in far more depth than almost anyone else in her position because she is The Queen. Her riding has more to do with the "Keep Calm and Carry On" lifestyle she lives, particularly since the Duke's heart operation. As many have pointed out, she and the rest of the Royals have the rest of the 20,000
odd acres on which to ride, hunt, etc.

Royal Watch: Queen Not Suspected in Sandringham Whodunit; Pippa Preps for an 80s-Themed Bash | Blogs | Vanity Fair

I wonder who writes such nutty things: how could a woman aged 85 with the public presence of HM meet such a girl, kidnap and murder her and then leave her where her husband prefers to hunt over Christmas? Without anyone noticing? So why should she be a suspect at all?

How low can a publication steep to sell papers or generate public interest I wonder?

Obviously the headline is purely for shock value so people will read the story. I can't imagine anyone even entertaining a thought that HM is a suspect and would/should take this with a grain of salt. And publications will undoubtedly sink to all-time lows just to generate public interest.

Um...wow. I really have no words, and think that it's indeed low to write something like that. However, what's lower, is people probably going all out to purchase the magazine and believe that what's written there is the truth. Disgraceful.

Obviously the headline is purely for shock value so people will read the story. I can't imagine anyone even entertaining a thought that HM is a suspect and would/should take this with a grain of salt. And publications will undoubtedly sink to all-time lows just to generate public interest.

I'm in agreement. Also, we must remember that a great deal of these magazines are geared towards the average Joe, who doesn't know anything about monarchy or the British Royal Family (except maybe that there's one in England and that the country has a Queen). Magazines are well aware of their audiences and will write what will sell the most copies.

The Queen has a finely honed sense of what is proper and what is not. Riding over to a crime scene to bug the officers on duty definitely falls into not!

HM was properly informed as the landowner and probably briefed in far more depth than almost anyone else in her position because she is The Queen. Her riding has more to do with the "Keep Calm and Carry On" lifestyle she lives, particularly since the Duke's heart operation. As many have pointed out, she and the rest of the Royals have the rest of the 20,000
odd acres on which to ride, hunt, etc.

Of course neither you nor I know exactly what happened during the Queen's ride in that general area that morning. And I certainly never suggested that she went there to bug the officers on duty. It is reasonable to believe that she had the right and the interest to ride within eyeshot of the scene. That is all I said. Most landowners, if permitted, would have done the same thing. Likely neither of us will ever know where HM rode that morning. But if she chose to ride there, it was certainly not improper.

How absolutely rediculous. It amazes me sometimes what these magazines and reporters come up with. To think the Queen would be suspected is completely mental. I dont even know what else to say other than hogwash!!!!

It was a joke, folks!

How absolutely rediculous. It amazes me sometimes what these magazines and reporters come up with. To think the Queen would be suspected is completely mental. I dont even know what else to say other than hogwash!!!!

No one, not even the most ardent of royal-haters, would believe that HM was a suspect. And the Queen is a human being like all of us- jokes will be made. This joke was totally harmless.

O.k., O.k. I lost it for a minute there. I should just take it as another ploy to get on my nerves. :)

Thank goodness she's been identified. The news will be very sad for her loved ones, but at least they'll be able to mourn her now and put her to rest. Poor girl. I hope that they find her killer quickly and that he sees justice soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,it's a great tragedy...
Sky News reported that the murdered girl was from Latvia.

So the news here is saying that the body found on the estate is that of the 17 year old girl Alisa. Anyone heard anything else?

Now that this poor girl's been identified, perhaps the family can now reach some closure. And I echo Mermaid's sentiments that hopefully the killer is brought to justice soon. And this is coverage from the Daily News in New York:

Body found at Queen

Last edited:
It appears that the body found on the grounds of Sandringham Estate has been identified. It's the young woman from Lativia. What a terrible event for her family, even if it provides some sort of closure.

Sandringham body identified as missing Latvian student | UK news | The Guardian

It also looks like the Duke of Edinburgh will be taking it easy. He is to perform one engagement this month and none next month. After, the couple's children will accompany Her Majesty on her engagements in the Duke's stead. It's a little sad, but necessary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...o-stand-in-for-resting-Duke-of-Edinburgh.html

Last edited:
Thank goodness they were able to find out who this girl was. It will at least give the family some closure and they can go on with their lives. May she rest in peace now.

LadyGabrielle said:
Thank goodness they were able to find out who this girl was. It will at least give the family some closure and they can go on with their lives. May she rest in peace now.

Yeah, it was surprising anyway, i would never have though that would happen in a ROYAL residence!

Yeah, it was surprising anyway, i would never have though that would happen in a ROYAL residence!

Yes be remember that it didn't happen at the house but on the estate which covers a number of hectares and has a number of villages actually on the estate.

The house is on 24 hectares and then there are an additional 240 hectares that consist of the Country Park that is open to the public year round, even when the Queen is in residence. There is then an additonal about 8000 hectares that are used as farmland.

Queen's Sandringham estate receives 7 million pounds subsidies from EU :

Queen's Sandringham estate receives £7m farming subsidies from EU | Mail Online

Well, it's not like she uses the money to install new golden valves at her bathroom... AFAIK her estate is a working farm. The money serves to make the human labour, which is costly, cheaper, so that a farmer can concentrate to farm what the soil really can give instead of producing as much as possible in order to earn enough money. It doesn't matter if the owner of an state is rich or not in his own right, it's the estate who gets the money and this money is used to keep the estate profitable and to enable more environment friendly farming. The Royals are known to invest in their estate for that purpose, so it's good they get help from the taxpayer. Because that is why we all pay taxes - to enable the state to allocate money for purposes that are deemed important and good for the citizens.

Love it!
The money is for the workers on her estate, the DM has chosen to sensationalise the story to get more readers in a time of "austerity".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandringham seems to remind me of an estate in the country and it could he cozy inside.

The Telegraph has also picked up the same story.

It's certainly an interesting move. Not only was William's great-grandfather, George VI, born on the Sandringham estate, but I believe that Diana was born at Park House on the estate. In fact, Diana spent her childhood there until her father became an earl and moved the family to Althrop.

My only concern is that William is essentially going to be living at Sandringham before his father has a chance to inherit the property from the Queen. It's not the same as William getting an apartment at Buckingham Palace while his father is still waiting in Clarence House. Still, I wonder if this might cause some concern on William's part.

Of course, if it would have been an issue for Charles, he could have purchased a home for William using Duchy of Cornwall funds or had a cottage built on Highgrove property.

Back
Top Bottom