The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I got 9 out of 10. Missed on the one about the black, London cab.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I got them all - but I put that down to a fantastic day visiting there with my family in 2002 when all of that information was included in the guidebook or I saw it - such as the black cab and a range of other wonderful vehicles associated with the royals through the years.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Courtier

9/10, missed the black cab question. There were a couple I guessed on and got correct.

Thanks for posting eya.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:48 AM
Courtier

The BRF don't need another PR debacle right now but it looks like they've got one. This happened on their estate on Saturday.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/824853...ingham-estate/
Old 01-22-2019, 04:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm wondering how enjoyable this gamekeeper is finding his trip to the unemployment line. Not the kind of 15 minutes of fame that will support his resume without good references.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:21 AM
Royal Highness

This time the foot is not in the muck but in the quicksand....some people really need to understand that we are all equal in this universe. Lesson in humility and common decency is greatly needed at Sandringham.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Can't judge the actions of all on the actions of one. Its not a reflection on Sandringham and its people as a whole but a reflection on one employee working at Sandringham that acted too full of himself and is getting his comeuppance served cold.

You're absolutely right though about common decency and humility needed.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:25 AM
Courtier

I hope he's not expecting flowers & a card from the Queen.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for reminding me that this was all in a tabloid article. Patrick, himself, would have been much better off to just keep his yap shut and let the police handle matters rather than thinking a tabloid article was the way to go.

There's been no official statement released or any arrests made from what we know now. Will be interesting to see if we hear anything more.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

I would like to think that the gamekeeper suffers the consequences of his actions for beating this man .......his behavior to me is criminal for hitting someone on the head with a stick or club could ever well cause brain damage or death......snobbery seems to be having a run at Sandringham lately in *some* people thinking they are better then the rest of the world.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh dear, 2019 has not gotten off to a good PR start for the BRF.
I hope that the gamekeeper gets his position revoked from him, as whilst he's at Sandringham so is quite different from a "regular" place of work, he's still working at this point and this action was beyond unprofessional of him. Perhaps reaching out to a tabloid paper such as the Sun was not a good way to go on the victim's part, though I hope that there will be some legal consequences after this incident and that the victim will have some compensation for the injuries the gamekeeper caused.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Courtier

I think it's a set up to make the BRF look bad. Perfect timing, with Philipgate.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:35 PM
Majesty

I am willing to wait until the Police have finished their investigation until I condemn this man. The alleged victim may have told the truth but then again left out salient points. Or he may be telling the absolute truth.

The point is we have an alleged victim and an alleged assailant and the incident was reported to the Police. I am content to wait until they finish their enquiries and I assume that Royal Media Office is doing the same.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am sure the police will investigate and again - trial by media is not an appropriate way to judge a person. It is basically 'mob rule' and we should be aware that the British media, tabloids in particular, will often either accuse the wrong person or exaggerate what happened for the headlines and the clicks while the reality is not as bad as the media makes it out to be. As the groundsman hasn't given his version of events we have one person making a claim.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Oh dear, 2019 has not gotten off to a good PR start for the BRF.
I hope that the gamekeeper gets his position revoked from him, as whilst he's at Sandringham so is quite different from a "regular" place of work, he's still working at this point and this action was beyond unprofessional of him. Perhaps reaching out to a tabloid paper such as the Sun was not a good way to go on the victim's part, though I hope that there will be some legal consequences after this incident and that the victim will have some compensation for the injuries the gamekeeper caused.
I'm not so sure that he reached out to the tabloids although it looks that way. It also could have come to the attention of a reporter in the area (for #Philipgate) over a police scanner. Used to be that only lawyers were deemed ambulance chasers. Now anyone can listen into what's going on in the area.

Old 05-28-2019, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Sandringham Estate is now on social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a new website

https://sandringhamestate.co.uk/
Old 05-28-2019, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its looking good and will be lovely to watch the change of seasons at the Sandrigham Estate.

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 05-28-2019, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Does Sandringham House still have some rooms with the furniture that Queen Alexandra decorated with?
Old 05-28-2019, 08:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is possible.

The rooms that are open to the public still pay homage to Edward and Alexandra e.g. the scales the Edward insisted everyone use at the start and end of their visit to ensure they had put on weight are still there.

The entire house isn't open, obviously, as they do have their private rooms.

How much has been changed over the years is anyone's guess. As it is a totally privately owned home there is no need to let the world know what they are doing ... so they could redecorate (not remodel) without anyone knowing at all.

The issue with Queen Alexandra's furniture would be whether or not the later royals like her style e.g. we know that Andrew did a massage remodel at Royal Lodge as he 'modernised' it and thus changed a lot of how it had been when the Queen Mum lived there while Charles left a lot of Clarence House pretty much the same as he shared a lot of the same tastes as the Queen Mum that Andrew didn't share.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:16 AM
Majesty

Sandringham is getting a new lead roof

A new lead roof for Sandringham? That'll cost a royal mint, Your Majesty! The Queen plans to spend £500,000 of her own money on repairs - after the taxpayer funded £2.4m work on Harry and Meghan's Frogmore Cottage