Prince Charles's Romanian Home

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyger

Serene Highness
City
Los Angeles CA
Country
United States
Very curious about this mention in a random article -

Kate Middleton's lips and a close encounter with Saif Gaddafi: A gloriously gossipy audience with socialite Nicky Haslam | Mail Online

- in which Nicky Haslam states the following, the basic substance is contained in these three paragraphs -

'Haslam was a guest at the Claridge’s wedding breakfast for Charles and Diana. He and Charles are still friends and both men have bought property in Romania.

‘Charles is on the smarter side of the country, about 60 miles away from mine, and it is more dolled up with lots of Saxon churches. He loves the architecture. I wanted to be away from anything — I am 25 minutes away from nearest cup of coffee.’

Haslam’s enthusiasm for this unloved part of Eastern Europe reflects his disenchantment with traditional hotspots such as St Tropez (where he lived in the Fifties), Sardinia and New York.'

My question: is this is all true? If so, is there any access to what it looks like? I'm a bit bemused - its a very unexpected place to purchase property - wouldn't you say? Never been, of course.

He chose Roumania for its lifestyle, the farming communities, wilderness etc

Dont forget earlier this year he remarked about being a descendant of Vlad Tepes, maybe 'The Blood Is Calling' *Bella Lugosi accent*

He chose Roumania for its lifestyle, the farming communities, wilderness etc
Thank you both for the information - especially the link, Lumtqueen. :flowers:
Fascinating where Charles' interests are taking him.....

I am intrigued that he makes these situations available to tourists via the well-stocked vacation cottage - the pictures make it look very appealing. Has anyone, I wonder, ever vacationed in one of these cottages, either in England or Romania - and what's been their experience?

Dont forget earlier this year he remarked about being a descendant of Vlad Tepes, maybe 'The Blood Is Calling' *Bella Lugosi accent*
Ha! ;)
But if he is the descendant, then the whole BRF is, too, correct? Nothing would be unusual there.
This 'rediscovery' of a place reminds me of Argentina currently .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, so from what I read, Charles now has two houses there - and there are guest cottages on each property that can be rented as vacation spots. Interesting - I assume when he is there it is not rentable. One would think. I am assuming that they are separate and that one is not renting the actual house Charles owns....

When would Charles be visiting there? When in his schedule does he get over there? Anyone know? Since I have never seen it talked about and he's owned these properties for a while now.

Added Later: Just came across this - looks very rustic - another world....

Prince Charles of Wales has a house in Breb village,Maramures,Romania (HD).m2ts - YouTube

Prince Charles making a comment about Romania -

Prince Charles about Romania - YouTube

And a YouTube Video by someone who clearly loves that country, their country -

Romania-The most beautiful country of the world - YouTube

Last edited:
veyr nice videosw ;) thanks you i see is veyr beutiful house

Last edited by a moderator:
When would Charles be visiting there? When in his schedule does he get over there? Anyone know? Since I have never seen it talked about and he's owned these properties for a while now.

Charles would, if ever, visit this properties in his own time therefore we wouldn't here or see anything about it.

But if he is the descendant, then the whole BRF is, too, correct?
The current British Royal Family's descent from Vlad II Dracul, Voivode [Duke] of Wallachia, comes via Queen Mary's paternal grandmother, Countess Claudine Rhédey de Kis-Rhéde. The full line of descent can be seen here.

Vlad III, Voivode and Prince of Wallachia, aka Dracula [son of the dragon] and posthumously 'Vlad Tepes' or 'Vlad the Impaler', was a son of Vlad II.

It´s true!

Nicky Haslam has indeed bought a traditional Romanian house in a remote village in Transylvania and as such it is becoming quite popular amongst discerning buyers. I can absolutely vouch for this as I sold him the property! It may seem a strange place to buy but once you take a look the landscape, architecture and unspoilt nature of it all simply bowls you over.

As my parents are from Romania born and raised. It's nice too see Prince Charles save my mothers and fathers land. As for I visit a lot, I'm happy with the purchase. But watch out for the wolves. I heard my dear Romania carries 3/4ths of Europe population. haha

As my parents are from Romania born and raised. It's nice too see Prince Charles save my mothers and fathers land. As for I visit a lot, I'm happy with the purchase. But watch out for the wolves. I heard my dear Romania carries 3/4ths of Europe population. haha

So that is a good reason why the population of Romania walks around going "where wolf?" a lot eh? Ok... ok.. bad joke. ;)

I am not in the least bit an expert on Romania but from what I've read over the years, it truly is one of the more beautiful areas on our planet and very rich in history even dating back to prehistoric times. I'm sure that Charles is very well aware of this too. I have a friend that lives in Romania a lot for business purposes and he absolutely loves it.

Back
Top Bottom