The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > British Royal Residences

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Royal Highness

Royal couple welcome neighbours
June 25

BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | South West Wales | Royal couple welcome neighbours

Old 06-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The articles are rather confusing as to what people can rent. But I'd be surprised to see photos of C&C's actual bedrooms. I noticed in one of the articles that they claimed that the master bedroom had 2 twin beds a la 1950s style. I doubt that either would sleep in a twin bed voluntarily (what adult would?).

I looked some more and found a fourth quilt on a bed, and a reference to Welsh artisans making the wallhangings -- since the only visible "wallhangings" in the article were quilts, I'm guessing they did get quilts from Welsh quilters. IMO it's great of them to promote the work of local artists.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Royal Highness

Charles & Camilla host a reception at their new welsh home, Llwnywermod
June 25

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Video of the interior of Charles's Welsh home: A Welsh home fit for a Prince - WalesOnline
Old 07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
LLWYNYWORMWOOD is a name with tantalising but unproven connections with the herbal traditions of the Parish of Myddfai
Myddfai - Community Website - Gwefan Gymunedol
I'd like to know more about the name.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles´ title request
August 12

Britain's Prince Charles has reportedly requested the title of a book about his Welsh holiday home be changed.

Prince Charles' title request
Old 10-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

The new Welsh home of Prince Charles, bought in 2006 by the Duchy of Cornwall, Llwynywermod is the first royal residence situated in Wales since the time of the English Civil War.

A secluded and forgotten estate set tranquilly in the heart of Carmarthenshire, Llwynywermod has been significant and symbolic purchase for the Prince.

News Wales > Culture > Secrets of Prince's new Welsh home

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi4 View Post
I'd like to know more about the name.
It might be in the book, although I have just found this -

LLWYNYWORMWOOD or Llynwermood, site of one of the romantic but sadly "Lost Houses of Wales", is a name with tantalising but unproven connections with the herbal traditions of the Parish of Myddfai.

Myddfai - Heritage - LLWYNYWORMWOOD - New Royal*Residence
Old 11-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Courtier

The Windsors holiday home in Wales - Times Online
Old 11-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

ROYAL window cleaner Matthew Bell has been snubbed by Prince Charles – after his dodgy past as a convicted burglar was revealed.

Prince’s window cleaner gets marching orders - WalesOnline

Prince Charles may have only recently bought his first home in Wales, but its royal connections go back centuries, an historian has discovered.

BBC NEWS | Wales | South West Wales | Royal history of Charles' estate

Old 11-10-2008, 09:18 AM

Has anyone read the book yet? I am going to head to Waterstones today!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:18 AM
Aristocracy

Looks like a lovely home and very practical with the different types of functions it can host.

It does seem odd that the Prince of Wales has only just established a residence in his Principality (is that the correct title for Wales?).
Old 01-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Royal Highness

I agree. I think that if I had a title that referred to a particular country, I would at least immediately buy a property there and show some regular interest in the place.
Yes, you are right! Wales is a principailty just like Monaco and Lichtenstein as they all have princes. Luxembourg has a grand duke so it's called a grand duchy.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Holidaymakers can now stay in a Welsh retreat which is literally fit for a (future) king.
Two 18th Century style cottages on Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall's rural estate in Carmarthenshire are now being let out

BBC NEWS | Wales | South West Wales | Tourists invited to royal retreat
Old 02-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

From the Mail: JAN MOIR: My night in Charles and Camilla's rented royal lovenest | Mail Online

"The last entry in the deer-skin visitors’ book reads: Dear Uncle Charles and Auntie Camilla, thank you for letting us use the house. It is signed ‘Sarah, Tim and Dylan’ from Ledbury in Gloucestershire. TRY as I might, I can’t deduce who this might be. Sarah Chatto? But she’s Charles’s cousin - his only nephews and nieces are Beatrice and Eugenie, and Peter and Zara Phillips, (not to forget the little Wessexes). Nor do the names fit with anyone I can find on Camilla’s side. Oh well. Perhaps I’ve stumbled on a royal scoop - a secret branch of the Windsors."

I personally doubt this entry is real - Ledbury is AFAIK not in Gloucestershire but in Herefordshire, but apart from this: who could these people be? Any ideas?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

My children have non relative Aunts and Uncles, it is something many in the UK use for close family friends.

There is indeed a Ledbury in Gloucestershire.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Nobility

I agree, its most likely family friends. I've got several "aunties and uncles" who aren't actually relatives but long time friends of the family, i'm sure the royals are similar, espcially with younger children.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Commoner

Uncle and Auntie

It's a joke people. Some nameless family stayed there and said thank you to their 'uncle' and 'aunt' for letting them stay at their house. It's just a little laugh.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

As the property has only recently been opened to the public as a holiday cottage, I think you might be wrong.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
As the property has only recently been opened to the public as a holiday cottage, I think you might be wrong.
One would have thought though that they have a "private" and a "public" guestbook. It can't be nice for people who are not really related to Charles and Camilla (and thus in a way "public" relatives) to have their entry presented in this way in a paper like the Mail.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

JAN MOIR: My night in Charles and Camilla's rented royal lovenest | Mail Online

A review by the Daily Mail writer who was the first paying guest to stay over

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales, residences, wales