The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2016, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

No, but in Wales (and elsewhere) the unmarried Will was hardly crammed inside a tiny apartment in CH with Harry, was he? And how can I be ignoring Harry living on military bases when I wrote that as adults NEITHER were at CH for 9/10ths of the time as adults? I'll repeat myself. Neither were crammed into a tiny apartment. Not Harry, certainly not unmarried William.

The issue for me, Hername, can't speak for others, is a tone certain posters adopt when they disagree with a fellow poster's point of view. As I've said in a previous post.

I've also stated in a previous post that I believe that Harry is a modest fellow who doesn't require, at the moment, any more bedrooms. He may or may not get a large apartment plus a large country home in the future. I don't know and neither does anyone else, especially if he happens to marry a wealthy woman. I hope he does get spacious accommodation anyway.

However, should a poster venture another opinion only to be shot down in flames in an attempt at ridicule and irony? See the CindersHarry post. That's what I'm objecting to.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Im so confused. What's up with all the "poor Harry" stuff? As far as I know he's a grown man who "poor him" is living in a cottage at KP? If he was not happy with that he would rent another home just like his brother did. (Also, can't really complain that William rented a house in wales. You know.. he worked there. Would not really work for him to take the helicopter from CH to work would it? And since his rented place was off the secure palace areas he probably had to accomodate for sleeping places etc for security hence a bigger place)

Harrys living in the cottage is probably "temporary" just like it was for William and Kate. It's near the officies and secure and works great for a bachelor.

Euginie (while not married or engaged) is clearly closer to marrige than Harry, hence she is probably thinking of more of a family home while harry isn't even dating so he's probably not thinking that far, and when/if he gets a family I'm sure he'll move.

I don't see what the issue is?
Wonderful post. You summarized everything very well. I'm also laughing at the idea of William commuting from London to Wales on a daily basis. Amusing mental image.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Does anyone know with certainty that Harry moved out of Nott Cott as rumored last year? He was to move into one of the KP apartments, according to the tabs. I don't remember anything being said that it did happen.
Anyway, if he is still in the cottage and Eugenie is moving into Ivy cottage, I think they will be right around the corner of that block of buildings from one another.
I attached a screen grab of the google map locations for Nott and Ivy cottages, though that does not mean those locations are accurate. Comments welcome.
Thank you for the map photo AdmirerUS. At times I forget that Kensington Palace is than just the main apartments.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Here's part of the interview summary that The Mirror wrote:

He also revealed that he struggles with the low ceilings in his cottage, teasing the diminutive Ant and Dec: “Weirdly, the ceiling’s perfect for you guys.” And bending over, Harry added: “You have to get used to walking like this but it’s great.”

As the banter *continued, it became clear Harry spends plenty of time at William’s. His brother revealed he “comes and scrounges food”.

William also *revealed the room they were interviewed in was used as an art studio and he and Kate would see naked models through its windows from the cottage. He said: “They painted lots of, er, naked portraits in here.

“We used to look out from Nottingham Cottage and there’d be some guy at the window... I’m like, ‘Urgh, that’s not normal.’”

So yes, my memory was right. And Harry does live there. The British tabloids last year must have lied when they said he moved.
Ah the views must have been "breathtaking" at times.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

I had imagined Kensington Palace as Prince's court with just William and Harry and their families living there and having their offices there under King Charles.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I had imagined Kensington Palace as Prince's court with just William and Harry and their families living there and having their offices there under King Charles.

In time, household of the 2 brothers will have to split in two separate ones with William's being funded from Duchy of Cornwall and Harry's from his father but that won't happen until the accession of Charles as King and William as Duke of Cornwall.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-18-2016, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't mind debate. I've debated you several times, on various issues.What I do mind is ridicule of others.

Royal Rob suggested a larger apartment at KP. for Harry. I agree. Whether it will happen this year, next year or in ten years time is in the lap of the gods. You don't know where Harry will be living in ten years time and neither do I.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

A number of bickering, argumentative, baiting and/or speculative posts have been deleted or edited. It is unpleasant and disruptive for other members to read back and forth arguing all the time. Let's keep the discussion respectful and conducted in a mature manner.

Please also avoid unnecessary comparisons between members of the Royal Family - their individual accommodation requirements will differ according to their specific preference and/or requirements.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:37 PM
Nobility

It seems that there is a move away from St. James Palace to Kensington Palace. Is it nicer? St. James looks dreary from the outside. (Of course Clarence House is part of it and it isn't dreary!)
Old 08-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post

I would think that many of the junior royals would want to be at KP. Security is already in place for Charles's boys. It would save Andrew some of the expenses he is currently incurring for the York girls' security.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts regarding the upcoming Diana exhibition at Kensington Palace have been moved to the The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 8: June 2008- thread.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:47 AM
Majesty

Everything You Should Know About Kensington Palace—Home to Princess Diana, Kate Middleton, and More - Vogue
Old 01-07-2017, 05:38 AM
Nobility

I thought Kensington Palace was beautiful when I saw it on a visit to London.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:47 AM
Majesty

Sadly, when I visited London back in 2012, I was not fortunate enoough to visit the palace. I could only get an outer sneak peek. Plus, I seem to remember that there were some renovations going on at that time.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

We in the US are now seeing Victoria on PBS and I am reading the Fug Girls review. They ask where this is? Me too. I think KP but does anyone know what this feature was and where around KP it was located. http://static.gofugyourself.com/uplo...1484603171.png
Old 01-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really have no clue but I do know from reading through this thread that if one takes a public tour of KP, one of the places you can see is Victoria's bedroom. I believe she spent most of her life there until the time came when as Queen, she moved her residence to Buckingham Palace as the first monarch to use it.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William and Kate plant hedge at Kensington Palace ahead of move | Royal | News | Daily Express

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-privacy.html
Old 01-28-2017, 10:41 AM
Majesty

I dont know if this is under instructions from the Cambridge's ot not, but what I do know is that that side of KP is very exposed from the street, and anybody walking along the street can get a good look at the coming and goings at KP. If I was a resident of KP, I would be quite please with the extra privacy and security this hedge would provide.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

It is not even the side of the palace where Apt 1a is. The Cambridges are on the south side of the palace and there is a walled garden. It is quite possible that the Cambridges had nothing to do with the hedge.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:46 AM
Majesty

It's being paid for by the Sovereign Grant, which means its the under the direction of the Royal Household.

William and Catherine are just a better headline