The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
I was very taken with the wallpaper and photographed every version of Diana represented on it...

And no trouble taking photos the day I went - I got some good shots of the Queen's, Princess Margaret's and Diana's dresses that were on display.

And what different figures they had - the Queen and PM petite and hour-glass and Diana broad-shouldered and just big.

(Still travelling and can't upload photos from my tablet.)
Was the wallpaper for sale or plastered on the wall?'
Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Was the wallpaper for sale or plastered on the wall?'
Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Hi Queen Camilla - I just saw your post.

Not for sale, but on a great many of the walls downstairs.

White background, so the depictions of Diana really stood out as they are so colourful.

I'm assuming they were all done by the one artist, though at first I thought the different versions meant different people had created it.

Some are very beautiful, some less flattering, and some very "artistic" such as eyes floating under a tiara - that sort of thing.

Everybody had their cameras out photographing it - a lot of young women, some older women and a few guys. A lot of Asian tourists wanted to capture it.

At first I just took close-ups of the versions I liked, then I shot whole walls.

I think everyone was very caught up in it as I was there a long time, and there was never a moment that there weren't people all around with their cameras, doing the same.

I'll post some photos when I'm back in Oz and can upload them.

There were also cushions in another area with the face in outline of the Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Margaret etc and I've since read on the internet that if people sat down on them, they start to "talk" about the person depicted.

I just rushed past and didn't even photograph those.

Some visitors must get a shock though, so be ready if you ever get a bit tired and plonk down in that area.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace

I went to KP in July 2012. The Diana wallpaper was in a hallway that leads to a small Diana dress exhibition they were doing. There was a central lobby with circular cushioned benches. I didnt see the talking cushions. It's where the self guiding tours started from. The room was lined with pictures of people who lived at KP such as Diana, Margaret, Victoria and W&K picture.

This post has some photos of the the royals in the lobby along with the current dress exhibition

http://nadinejolie.com/blog/2013/10/...iam-kate-home/

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

When Princess Louise was young she had a studio in the grounds of Kensington Palace that was designed for her by Edward Godwin. She was the most attractive of Queen Victoria's daughters and a moderately talented sculptor.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Was there a flat in Kensington Palace called Clock House?
Old 11-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace

There is a clock tower wing which is made up of the Cambridges apt the former Princess Margaret's apt and the large apt. that the Gloucesters use.

There is a Wren House where the Duke of Kent lives.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Here are some of the photos I took of the wallpaper in Kensington Palace. (And someone has a sense of humour.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1482.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	292623   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1483.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	292624   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1476.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	292625   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1481.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	292626  

Name:	IMG_1580.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	292627  
Old 11-29-2014, 07:22 AM
Courtier

Here are a few photos I took of the Royal clothes on display at Kensington Palace.

These are some of the Queen and Princess Margret's outfits.

And the cushions as mentioned in a post above - I did take some photos that I'd forgotten about.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1515.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	292714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1517.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	292716   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519.jpg
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	292717   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1526.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	292718  

Name:	IMG_1527.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	292719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	292720   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1488.jpg
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	292721   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1489.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	292722  

Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

10 Things You Didn't Know About Kensington Palace - Kensington Palace Facts
Old 08-31-2015, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

New installation at the childhood home of Queen Victoria to mark milestone in the reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

Opens 9 September 2015

Kensington Palace celebrates The Longest Reign
Old 09-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Nobility

Are we likely to see the Wessexes given the use of an apartment in KP or elsewhere when Charles is King? They currently have rooms in Buckingham Palace but they may have to move in future.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

I suspect it depends very much on Charles and how he sees the RF in the future. I don't believe all the hype about a smaller RF and doubt he would see any of his siblings without a London home.

KP would be ideal as it leaves BP free for the new King to use, Clarence House is perhaps 'too important' for the Wessex's as just brother/sister in law to the King so KP looks like a real possibility or maybe an apartment in St James' Palace. However, at present I don't think there are any apartments free, certainly no signs of The Kents, Gloucesters or Prince/Princess Michael leaving their apartments meaning maybe St James' would be ideal. Beatrice was said to have had an apartment there which she may leave if by the time Charles is King she is married, I think Anne too has an apartment in St James'

OR of course they may just stay at Bagshot and not have anywhere in the city... unlikely but a possibility
Old 09-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why can't they keep the apartment they have at BP? It isn't as if William or Harry will be moving in so why not have Edward and Andrew keep their apartments there?
Old 09-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Serene Highness

Of course they could, depends if Charles and Camilla want Andrew & Edward hanging around, unless of course Charles and Camilla remain at Clarence House maybe using BP for royal events, state dinners etc in which case Andrew & & Edward could stay in their apartments without any issues.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

BP is pretty big. It's not like they hanging out in a 3 bedroom house with them occupying the guest rooms or sleeping on the living room couch. They probably wouldn't even see each other.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

I expect the BP residents will be migrated elsewhere (St. James, KP) sooner to accommodate the planned major BP renovations irrespective of the change in monarchy. They may just stay wherever they land. If i was to guess - i expect Wessexes to end up in KP and Andrew in St James.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Here are a few photos I took of the Royal clothes on display at Kensington Palace.

These are some of the Queen and Princess Margret's outfits.

And the cushions as mentioned in a post above - I did take some photos that I'd forgotten about.
I was surprised to see these photos. The day I was there it was very clearly signposted that there was to be no photographs inside the palace. I wonder when they changed the rules as no photography was allowed inside when I visited in 2002, 2005 and again this year but seems to have been allowed when you visited ... or ...
Old 09-22-2015, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hay-making at Kensington Palace!

Hay-making at Kensington Palace
Old 09-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

That's nice! Thank you An Ard Ri!
Old 09-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why can't they keep the apartment they have at BP? It isn't as if William or Harry will be moving in so why not have Edward and Andrew keep their apartments there?
I agree, I would be surprised if Andrew and Edward were moved from BP, unless it was in relation to the proposed refurbs.