Kensington Palace 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regarding the reports that Princess Eugenie is about to move to Ivy Cottage within the grounds of KP, is the property currently occupied?

Does anyone know with certainty that Harry moved out of Nott Cott as rumored last year? He was to move into one of the KP apartments, according to the tabs. I don't remember anything being said that it did happen.
Anyway, if he is still in the cottage and Eugenie is moving into Ivy cottage, I think they will be right around the corner of that block of buildings from one another.
I attached a screen grab of the google map locations for Nott and Ivy cottages, though that does not mean those locations are accurate. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• nottivy.jpg
    nottivy.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 1,045
Last edited:
I don't remember seeing anything. Harry wasn't in the country for half the year anyways so I don't know why he would move from Nott Cottage. He was somewhere else in KP when WK were still in Nott Cottage. I don't know if any of the bigger apartments are free. The Gloucesters, Kent Brothers, Margaret's old one are all taken. Diana's old apartments are reception areas for WKH household.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Does anyone know with certainty that Harry moved out of Nott Cott as rumored last year? He was to move into one of the KP apartments, according to the tabs. I don't remember anything being said that it did happen.

In the Ant & Dec interview from Jan 2016, where they were walking around KP grounds, didn't Harry point out Nott Cottage as his home? Then William piped in that he use to live there too, then both brothers complained about the low ceilings in the Cottage.

Admittedly, this interview was from 7 months ago so maybe I'm not remembering right.

Last edited:
Here's part of the interview summary that The Mirror wrote:

He also revealed that he struggles with the low ceilings in his cottage, teasing the diminutive Ant and Dec: “Weirdly, the ceiling’s perfect for you guys.” And bending over, Harry added: “You have to get used to walking like this but it’s great.”

As the banter *continued, it became clear Harry spends plenty of time at William’s. His brother revealed he “comes and scrounges food”.

William also *revealed the room they were interviewed in was used as an art studio and he and Kate would see naked models through its windows from the cottage. He said: “They painted lots of, er, naked portraits in here.

“We used to look out from Nottingham Cottage and there’d be some guy at the window... I’m like, ‘Urgh, that’s not normal.’”

So yes, my memory was right. And Harry does live there. The British tabloids last year must have lied when they said he moved.

As far as I remember, and as you know I follow Harry's comings and goings quite closely, he has only had two homes in the KP complex in his adult life. One was that tiny one bedroom apartment, ex staff quarters, that he occupied at the time the Cambridges were at Nott Cott. The other has been the two bedroom Nott Cott which he moved into shortly after the Cambridges moved out. Where would he have moved to? Most of the rooms at KP are used for other purposes, and there aren't spare apartments just lying around for the taking.

Why do the Kents need Wren House?
They've been separated for years, and doesn't the Duke mostly live in the country?

Besides, he doesn't make many royal appearances on behalf of the Queen; maybe he ought to vacate?

The Kent's have not separated. They still live in their family home. Given the stress of moving and the fact that both have been ill over recent years a move from what has been their family home for many decades could actually kill them.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2015040724445/duke-of-kent-in-hospital
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/419490/Closer-than-ever-Duke-and-Duchess-of-Kent-reunited

The Duke does still undertake a number of engagements on behalf of HM.

My list, which is about 6 weeks behind (should update two weeks later today - I hope) has him at 80 - which is more than William to the same point of the year and the Duke of Kent is 80 years old and has had a stroke in recent years. He is a few behind the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Last edited:
I see no need or reason to have the Kents move. They have served the queen for decades and still do. Making an 80 year old man in ill health move may kill him and for what? Harry gets another room or 2? If he wanted more space he and not Eugenie would get Ivy. The Kents also have no other home. Copins was sold in the 70's, the couple lived in Amner Halll for almost 20 years.

Nott I get is a temporary. Was for the Cambridges. When his dad is king, or he has a family he will move. Ivy would be permanent for Eugenie so makes sense larger.

The Kent's have not separated. They still live in their family home. Given the stress of moving and the fact that both have been ill over recent years a move from what has been their family home for many decades could actually kill them.

Duke of Kent leaves hospital after being treated for hip injury
'Closer than ever': Duke and Duchess of Kent reunited | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Duke does still undertake a number of engagements on behalf of HM.

My list, which is about 6 weeks behind (should update two weeks later today - I hope) has him at 80 - which is more than William to the same point of the year and the Duke of Kent is 80 years old and has had a stroke in recent years. He is a few behind the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Yes, the Kents will never be kicked out. Nor should they. If anyone was asked to move it would probably be The Michaels as they have never served HM to the same extent as his two older siblings. Even then, I think it would be very unlikely that The Michaels would be pushed out. HM is very loyal.

As Harry is single, and spends his summers in Africa there's really no current need for him to have a bigger place. The earliest he will probably marry is 2020, and then he and his wife might spend their first two years at Nott Cottage like The Cambridges did. So starting in 2022, if The Kents are still alive then there might be an a log jam at KP. But right now, everything is fine.

Why does Harry being single have anything to do with not having a better home. Eugenie is single yet gets a decent home. I would hope it isn't because she female !!!

Kensington Palace

Why does Harry being single have anything to do with not having a better home. Eugenie is single yet gets a decent home. I would hope it isn't because she female !!!

Nottingham Cottage sounds like a perfectly nice home- more than adequate for one person and nicer than almost anyone else would live in.

Why would he need more space right now?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
As far as I remember, and as you know I follow Harry's comings and goings quite closely, he has only had two homes in the KP complex in his adult life. One was that tiny one bedroom apartment, ex staff quarters, that he occupied at the time the Cambridges were at Nott Cott. The other has been the two bedroom Nott Cott which he moved into shortly after the Cambridges moved out. Where would he have moved to? Most of the rooms at KP are used for other purposes, and there aren't spare apartments just lying around for the taking.

Which makes it all the more strange that Eugenie gets one.

Nottingham Cottage sounds like a perfectly nice home- more than adequate for one person and no see than almost anyone else would live in.

Why would he need more space right now?

Why would Eugenie ?

Why would Eugenie ?

Ivy Cottage is three bedrooms, Nott Cott has two. Not a huge difference in space, and Harry would have to move to get the extra bedroom.

A three bedroom home seems fine for Eugenie?

He's a pretty modest person so he's probably happy with two bedrooms. I wonder whether his PPO's occupy the other bedroom? It must be a bit embarrassing when he brings a new girlfriend home!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that both Harry and Eugenie would think the "my house is bigger than your house" thing would be silly and really of no consequence worth losing sleep over. The measure of a person does not lie with how many bedrooms one has or how many bricks in a fireplace or how many burners on the stove they have. I think Harry is perfectly happy where he is now too. If I remember right, he even has his own little plot of earth he likes to dig in.

The Kensington Palace complex has been the residence of members of the Royal Family for a very long time and if I'm not mistaken, its the Queen's prerogative of who gets to live there or not. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Yes, I second that, though I don't think he will be! He's a pretty modest person so he's probably happy with two bedrooms. I wonder whether his PPO's occupy the other bedroom? It must be a bit embarrassing when he brings a new girlfriend home!

And for all us "hope Harry gets a girlfriend soon" the sooner he gets a bigger place the better ??

If the story is true, Eugenie is getting the place with 3 bedrooms because it will be a longterm home for her. When she marries she probably plans to have 2 children, hence the 3 bedrooms.

Nott Cottage is a stopover home for a single, globetrotting Harry. When he marries and starts a family, he will almost certainly get a much larger, more luxurious home than Eugenie has.

The private section of the palace is secured with police protection so the RPOs are nearby but aren't in the next bedroom.

Plus Harry shares office space and receptions rooms with the Cambridges. Nott Cottage is just a place to lay his head.

The private section of the palace is secured with police protection so the RPOs are nearby but aren't in the next bedroom.

Well, thank heavens for that! That reminds me of a story from the Chelsy Davy years when someone pressed the emergency alarm by mistake and had police barging through the bedroom door, but we won't go into that!

William didn't get substantial home(s) until he was a family man and needed the extra space. I see no difference from how Harry is being treated and how William was treated.

Actually, unmarried Harry has it better off than unmarried William. Unmarried Harry has his own two-bedroom Cottage, right off a beautiful park. Unmarried William was stuck in a small apartment at CH with Harry. He wasn't upgraded to the lovely Nott Cott until after he was married. Lucky Harry.

But once again, if Nott Cott isn't a worthy bachelor pad for HRH Prince Harry, where should he be?

Unmarried William was 'stuck' with Harry in a small apartment at Clarence House? Neither of them were there 9/10s of the time as adults.

Where was William living before marriage when he was at Anglesey? Renting a £700 plus a month, four bedroom farmhouse, actually. Kate came and stayed for long periods of time before they married, but I guess they needed the space. Also forgot the cottage on the Balmoral estate, Tam-na-Ghar, that was a gift to him while William was studying at St Andrews. The cottage looked quite roomy.

Prince William and Kate's secluded Anglesey farmhouse available to rent | Daily Mail Online

I happen to think that Harry is quite happy at Nott Cott for now, as I said in a previous post, but I am going to reserve judgement on his future accommodation until I see exactly what it is. If it's a huge apartment at KP plus a large fully refurbished house like Anmer, then I shall regard that as equable.

Last edited:
Im so confused. What's up with all the "poor Harry" stuff? As far as I know he's a grown man who "poor him" is living in a cottage at KP? If he was not happy with that he would rent another home just like his brother did. (Also, can't really complain that William rented a house in wales. You know.. he worked there. Would not really work for him to take the helicopter from CH to work would it? And since his rented place was off the secure palace areas he probably had to accomodate for sleeping places etc for security hence a bigger place)

Harrys living in the cottage is probably "temporary" just like it was for William and Kate. It's near the officies and secure and works great for a bachelor.

Euginie (while not married or engaged) is clearly closer to marrige than Harry, hence she is probably thinking of more of a family home while harry isn't even dating so he's probably not thinking that far, and when/if he gets a family I'm sure he'll move.

I don't see what the issue is?

Unmarried William was 'stuck' with Harry in a small apartment at Clarence House? Neither of them were there 9/10s of the time as adults.

Where was William living before marriage when he was at Anglesey? Renting a £700 plus a month, four bedroom farmhouse, actually. Kate came and stayed for long periods of time before they married, but I guess they needed the space.

Prince William and Kate's secluded Anglesey farmhouse available to rent | Daily Mail Online

I happen to think that Harry is quite happy at Nott Cott for now, but I am going to reserve judgement on his future accommodation until I see exactly what it is. If it's a huge apartment at KP plus a large fully refurbished house like Anmer, then I shall regard that as equable.

I see that you're ignoring that Harry was also living near own military base during that time. Unless you think during his military career he was living in London full-time...

Also, If you expect Harry to have to have two large homes then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Margaret, Anne, Andrew, and Edward only have/had one. Harry is like them, a younger sibling. Harry getting the same younger sibling treatment, doesn't mean he's an abused urchin.

No, but in Wales (and elsewhere) the unmarried Will was hardly crammed inside a tiny apartment in CH with Harry, was he? And how can I be ignoring Harry living on military bases when I wrote that as adults NEITHER were at CH for 9/10ths of the time as adults? I'll repeat myself. Neither were crammed into a tiny apartment. Not Harry, certainly not unmarried William.

The issue for me, Hername, can't speak for others, is a tone certain posters adopt when they disagree with a fellow poster's point of view. As I've said in a previous post.

I've also stated in a previous post that I believe that Harry is a modest fellow who doesn't require, at the moment, any more bedrooms. He may or may not get a large apartment plus a large country home in the future. I don't know and neither does anyone else, especially if he happens to marry a wealthy woman. I hope he does get spacious accommodation anyway.

However, should a poster venture another opinion only to be shot down in flames in an attempt at ridicule and irony? See the CindersHarry post. That's what I'm objecting to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom