The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Charles seems to have a sentimental attachment to Clarence House,I might be wrong but I can't see him living at Buckingham Palace and may just use it as his official residence .

September 14th ,1982 :Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
Old 08-13-2019, 02:45 PM
Majesty

If the renovations are still underway at BP when he becomes king it gives him the easy option to just stay on at CH

Old 08-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if William, as Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge, leases Highgrove to King Charles for a peppercorn rent. It will be Charles and Camillas "bolt hole" much like Wood Farm has always had special meaning for the Queen and Philip when they needed to get away. Charles has put a lot of time, energy and planning into making Highgrove sustainable and I think it will continue to stay that way with the public perhaps having more access to enjoy the property when Charles and Camilla aren't there. As stated, much like Dumfries House.

I would have stated I thought that Charles would remain at Clarence House and used BP as his "office" for official events and audiences before it was announced that a whole lot of funds were to be directed to renovate BP. I think Charles would realize that after spending all that money and doing all that work, it may be bad optics for the King not to even live there after its completed.

As for the Cambridges and the Sussexes, I think they'll just all stay put exactly where they are now with only the Cambridges changing residence once Charles passes on and William is King. The only ones that I think *may* get their own apartments somewhere will be Louise and James as they head into adulthood down the line. 20 years from now, we'll have a whole gaggle of young royals in young adulthood and who knows what will happen then.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 08-21-2019, 05:15 PM
Gentry

Not sure where to post this but I came across a plan of the main deck of Britannia recently so I'll post it here.

Does anyone have any similar plans of the other decks?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Royal-Yacht.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	301829  
Old 09-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

“What the Royal Family’s Homes Really Look Like”

Nothing really revealing or new, but interesting, nonetheless.

Abraham Lincoln