The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Who/What entity owns the properties in Transylvania?
The Duchy of Cornwall does.

This list gives a good breakdown of who owns what. Must be an old list because the Transylvanian property isn't listed but if you Google it, the information that it is held by the Duchy of Cornwall comes up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...yal_residences

Old 09-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

A visit to Mary, Queen of Scots House

Old 11-27-2016, 02:54 AM
Majesty

A look inside the Queen's 6 lavish royal residences - Business Insider
Old 12-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Buckingham Palace rolls out no-smoking policy at all royal residences | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Louise's romantic hideaway: The stunning home built for the daughter of Queen Victoria by the architect she 'secretly loved'

Ferry Inn built for Queen Victoria's duaghter | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Nobility

Air Conditioning?

I may have asked this before, if so I apologize. Are any of the palaces or homes of the Royals air conditioned?
Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
I may have asked this before, if so I apologize. Are any of the palaces or homes of the Royals air conditioned?
Often castles have quite thick walls which keeps it cool inside. Compare it with old churches: always cool. Most palaces will have a monumental status which limits the use of "disturbing elements" like airco's. But I can imagine that there are living quarters or offices with climate control indeed.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

We have regularly seen images of the Queen's sitting room at Balmoral and she has a two-bar heater in there - in the old fireplace.

Many of the buildings in the UK aren't air-conditioned for cooling at all - given the temperatures there. I can't remember the last hotel I stayed in, in London that was air-conditioned although they all had some type of heating. I asked about this once and was told that it doesn't get hot enough for long enough to justify a cooling system but a heating system is a necessity. Some hotels and other buildings, as they have been refurbished over the years have replaced the heating systems with a reverse cycling set up so it can both be heated or cooled.

Given the Queen's known frugality I would be surprised if any of the palaces where she lives are air-conditioned at all - and the fact that most of the palaces haven't been refurbished during her reign.

With the planned multi-million pound refurbishment of BP maybe they will be putting in some 21st century systems (solar powered of course - given Charles' environmental credentials). Then again they may think that they are luxuries and they don't need them.