Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOY!

Gentry
City
Columbus
Country
United States
Are there any ideas as to where either one of the boys will live once they are married?

There are the official residences like clarence house and st. james palace but they might get a house of their own.

Well if one of them wants it they can get Highgrove house. No royals have every liked Buckingham Palace so I dont they will live their when there married or father is King. Theres Clarence House and a bunch of other houses and Palaces.

William most likely Highgrove, or possibly Balmoral. Kensington or St. James Palace for Harry!

Anyone knows how many people, as in Royals and their kin, live in Buckinham Palace?

I believe the Duke Of York, and the Earl and Countess of Wessex stay at Buckinham palace. How do they decide which family gets which part of the palace?
To Princejohnny25: Why don't the royals like Buckinham palace?

JOY! said:
I believe the Duke Of York, and the Earl and Countess of Wessex stay at Buckinham palace. How do they decide which family gets which part of the palace?
To Princejohnny25: Why don't the royals like Buckinham palace?

I'm not Princejohnny25, but I heard that it's cold and damp and that when Prince Edward wanted to put in a satellite dish, he had all sorts of problems with restrictions, licenses, etc because Buckingham Palace doesn't belong to the monarchy. At least that's what I thought I read.

I also read somewhere that there is some sort of country home that Prince Charles is renovating that there has been much speculation that it is being done for William. I think it lies in Cornwall.

i doubt it will be kensington since it should eb closeddown for royal residences by 2010...can anyone confirm this please?

I think that when William marries his father will give him Highgrove & Charles & Camilla will use Birkhall as their country residence until Charles inherits Balmoral & Sandringham.
In London there are places like Wren House, which is currently occupied by the Duke and Duchess of Kent which could be made available to Harry once the Duke & Duchess pass over.

i think B.P will be open to the public all year round once the queen dies as clarence house is big enough for private and small state entertaining ( they are linked to state rooms in st james's palace also). ST J is currenly lived in by Princesses anne and alexandra and there are several apartment currently used by staff and military heads so for william and harry i wold think that this is where they would reside in the future as st james's is the official seat of the moanrch and very central. there is nothing in place that myself or the neighbours know of regarding junior royal moving out of kensington palace, ( local residents are told if changes are made reagrding the a change of building use, we were told when they converted some royal apartments to a museum a few years ago) only the michael's have a date in a couple of years to vacate. In twenty years time i see only the complex that is st james's palace will be used with maybe the heir ( william ) at york house which is the largest apartment there and other members having offices and small suites as the duke of yourk and earl of wessex are less than a hour away from central london.

The William story refers to him buying a house in the country

I think there was also a story about a house being built on Highgrove property for William.

When William and Harry are in the army will they live in the housing the army provides or will they move back into a royal (or personal) residence ?

Last edited:
JOY! said:

On who stays where, I'm sure the lady of the House is the one who has the final say. Although there must be a committee somewhere to decide on these particular details as the new royal kids are born.

Aussie Princess said:
William most likely Highgrove, or possibly Balmoral. Kensington or St. James Palace for Harry!

I would think that William would need to be in London and not in Scotland or out in the country. As he is the next heir after Charles it owuld make sense that he maintains a high profile lifestyle and residence. In my opinion.

Yes, I just said that because it seems William likes living in the country and spending as much time there as he can. I think because it allows him to hide. Diana once said he was like a caged lion in London, and he said himself in his 21st borthday interview he was a country boy at heart. I guess someone can be Prince of Wales from Highgrove though, since Charles did it.:)

I was wondering, like if the boys got married in a few years could they reopen some of the other historical palaces? like Osbourne House?

There are two reasons why Osborne house will not be a future residence to any of the princes because 1)it is in in the Isle of Wight and that is too far from london to commute all the time. 2)Osborne House is a palace that is opened to the public.

But I think it is one of the most beautiful palaces in the world, it has such a wonderful atomsphere.

This might sound silly, but couldn't Harry just buy a normal house to live in if he wished? I understand Will couldn't with his duty as heir and all.

Theoretically, both of them can buy separate houses. I think the main factor would be how to secure the locations. Afterall, Charles didn't inherite Highgrove, he bought it in 1980.

Incas said:
Theoretically, both of them can buy separate houses. I think the main factor would be how to secure the locations. Afterall, Charles didn't inherite Highgrove, he bought it in 1980.

I thought Prince Charles leased Highgrove and didn't own it outright. I thought the Cornwall properties own this.:ermm:

Do you think william and Harry or any other royals might move back to Kensington Palace

Weren't the Royals divesting themselves of Kensington?

Oh i didn't know that the royals were moving out of kensington. Is there something wrong with the palace ?

Did William ever move out of Clarence House? As far as I know he shared an appartment there with Harry since he left university. The article seems very unreliable to me. If I remember correctly William and Harry will have a joint office - so no "team William". And who's crowding all the royal palaces so that there's no appartment left for Will? :lol: Wasn't it also reported that Charles had a house built for William? Of course he won't need to buy one - what for with I don't know how many royal palaces etc. at his disposal? Looks like one of those articles to fill the paper on a very slow news day.

Just thought I would ask you all if you had any ideas where Wills might live in London once he is married? The Duchy may be working on the place in the West Country, but I suspect they will have to find Wills and his wife a suitable apartment either at Buckingham Palace or Clarence House itself. Any ideas?

CH may not be the best place. I think William (and Harry) need their own offices and addresses.

Just thought I would ask you all if you had any ideas where Wills might live in London once he is married? The Duchy may be working on the place in the West Country, but I suspect they will have to find Wills and his wife a suitable apartment either at Buckingham Palace or Clarence House itself. Any ideas?

Kensington Palace? St. James Palace?

Ive Heard St James and I Think thatd be great Prince Henry could have Kensington. what happened to the house supposed to be done by 2010?

what happened to the house supposed to be done by 2010?

That would be Harewood Park, on Prince Charles's Harewood End estate. The Evening Standard mentioned it in an article not long ago, and the DM had a write-up on the property a few years back: William, Kate, and a very fine starter home.

As far as I can tell, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that William and his future bride might keep a country house like Harewood Park and apartments in one of the London palaces, perhaps St. James or even Buck House. I think that's what Charles and Di did with Highgrove and Kensington Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom