Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Thank you to everyone who commented.

I promise not to do this too often, but here is another one ---

11 bedroom detached house for sale in London Road, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5, SL5
Oak panelling in the entrance hall is an excellent statement of grandeur. The staircase would be marvelous to view in person. I like the idea of 5.6 acres of land.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
hmm, maybe they could move in with Uncle Ed & Auntie Sophie
Home Farm Farmhouse, Bagshot Park | Windsor Great Park
It seems the Farmhouse at Bagshot is up for rent from the Windsor Great Park Website.
PRICE: £4,250 PCM

FURNISHING: Unfurnished

BEDROOMS: 5
I can see this suiting Harry and Meghan very well, but it could be that the reason for it being advertised for rent now is that has already been rejected by H & M

Old 01-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Royal Highness

I suspect that too, I doubt they would advertise it if there was any suggestion M&H were interested, but you never know!
Old 01-23-2018, 05:30 PM
Nobility

To clarify, is Harry currently living in Nottingham Cottage or moving there when married?
Old 01-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
To clarify, is Harry currently living in Nottingham Cottage or moving there when married?

Currently, he’s been there since William and Kate moved out.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Home Farm is lovely but would Harry really want to live on his aunt and uncle’s estate? I’m sure there are plenty of other options out there.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Currently, he’s been there since William and Kate moved out.
Meghan is also in residence now with Harry at Nottingham Cottage. I imagine they plan on staying there after the wedding and will not move out until a larger apartment or a country home has been settled on.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-23-2018, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Meghan is also in residence now with Harry at Nottingham Cottage. I imagine they plan on staying there after the wedding and will not move out until a larger apartment or a country home has been settled on.
Yes, I know. They said so in the engagement announcement. I was answering the question about Harry.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Actually, I just added onto your information for Royal Blue. I'd not seen him/her around the threads in a while and figured if asking about if Harry still lived there, most likely didn't know Meghan also was living there.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Commoner

All of the reasons set forth in previous posts regarding why the Gloucesters would not be moving are compelling — and yet I still cannot rule out Apartment 1 completely, despite the readily available (and empty) Apartment 4B.

One reason for that is the need for outdoor space for Harry and Meghan’s children, which Apt 1 has and 4B does not seem to have. It looks like 4B might have access to the Prince of Wales Court (Google Kensington Palace Floorplan to see the court or Google Satellite View), but I would assume that other surrounding staff apartments do as well. Does anyone know if 4B has a garden? I also wonder if the security concerns for the children might necessitate a private outdoor space if Harry and Meghan are based in London.

Another consideration in favor of Apt 1 is Harry possibly taking more of a leadership role in the Commonwealth. If so, is it possible that Harry and Meghan may need more formal entertaining space for visiting dignitaries?
Old 03-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanHarry View Post
Another consideration in favor of Apt 1 is Harry possibly taking more of a leadership role in the Commonwealth. If so, is it possible that Harry and Meghan may need more formal entertaining space for visiting dignitaries?

Perhaps they plan to just use the palace state rooms?
That seems the locale for most of the events that occur at KP, rather than private quarters.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

No new information regarding a possible house looks like. I am so curious where they will choose to have their main house: London or in the country (I'm rooting for the Cotswolds). They are doing so much right now I'm sure it's not front-and-center just yet, though if Meghan gets pregnant by the end of 2018 I could see her wanting that element decided.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Harry could and would continue to host events where he does now. The apartments that belonged to Diana were converted to work space for their foundation. There are 2 large reception rooms for use of hosting for the foundation. There are also the state rooms of the palace available for such.

The palace has a high level of security. Privacy and security for the kids in any part of the palace would not be a concern.

There is also the much higher expense of renovating two different apartments. Harry and Meghan are not going to just move into the Gloucester apartments the way they are. There would need to be re-worked. And then accommodation would need to be prepared for the Duke and Duchess. The queen isn't about to dump her cousins on the street for Harry.

I notice Princess Michael is quick to suggest the Gloucesters move. I don't see her offering her own apartments up to anyone.

I do think we will see London being Harry's home base, and 4b (possibly combined with the apartment next to it) is the most likely. And a second home on one of the royal estates.

I still find it unlikely we will see a new country home purchased for them by Charles or the queen which would have to happen for the Cotswalds or such. Harry isn't about to spend his trust on a house, as that is the money he lives off of (interest from trusts/investments). If they choose to have a primary home in the country, and a small apartment in London (like Edward, Andrew and Anne) then I see them possibly leasing from the crown, in Windsor. Or if Charles does buy them a home, it would be as this, their primary home. If they choose this option, there is no need for the money and time to go into a larger KP residence.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I notice Princess Michael is quick to suggest the Gloucesters move. I don't see her offering her own apartments up to anyone.
Since the Michaels are the only royals paying rent they’d be the last ones to leave. I can just imagine the headlines.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Meghan will want a country house/home, especially for children. JMO. Pure speculation. In this I think it makes sense that she will want a place where she can most clearly demarcate her's and Harry's family life (which will have American earmarks) as distinct from the Royals. Harry may have similar feelings along this line. Just a hunch. We shall see, of course, and I am so curious. The curve ball (the unknown) is just how close the Cambridges and Sussexes become (and by extension the Middletons in the mix).
Old 03-15-2018, 09:14 PM
Majesty

Or Clarences!!!

LaRae
Old 03-15-2018, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Or Clarences!!! LaRae
Yes! If it goes that route I will forever be reminded of the angel in the film 'It's a Wonderful Life!'

Or the Rosses.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:53 PM
Majesty

My favorite Christmas film!!!

LaRae
Old 03-15-2018, 09:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have no credible or logical basis for my opinion but for some reason, Harry, Meghan and Frogmore resonate with me.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Majesty

I think it would be absolutely romantic if they got to live at Frogmore. I'm just not sure if that's even possible seeing as how they do tours there and/or rent the grounds/building out etc.

The style inside doesn't seem to be very Meghan/Harry...the renovation would probably be massive.

LaRae

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences

« Balmoral Castle | - »