The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

I can't remember what it was about Frogmore...seems like there were issues with it, too big, not big enough, needs work??

LaRae

Old 12-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara77 View Post
I'd like to re-visit the idea of Frogmore for Prince Harry and Meghan. They've said it holds a special place in their hearts; and engagement photo's out today were taken at Frogmore.
I think it's been mentioned that the first floor wouldn't be available as a living space or something? However, based on the fact that engagement photos are taken there, I could see her staying at Frogmore the night before the wedding and leave from there.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I'd like to re-visit the idea of Frogmore for Prince Harry and Meghan. They've said it holds a special place in their hearts; and engagement photo's out today were taken at Frogmore.
I was wondering about this. I remember reading years ago that Frogmore was "earmarked" for Harry but didn't take it seriously. There were rumors earlier this year that Harry was looking at property in this area
Old 12-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it would be beyond cool for them to take up residence in Frogmore at some point. I don't think it likely though, it's open to tourists and 'rental' of the grounds I think.

LaRae
Old 12-21-2017, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...CM0QoioItwEwFw
Old 12-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think it would be beyond cool for them to take up residence in Frogmore at some point. I don't think it likely though, it's open to tourists and 'rental' of the grounds I think.

LaRae
Its possible that they could close off Frogmore to the public if Harry and Meghan were to take up residence there. That's what happened with Anmer Hall before the Cambridges moved in. If I remember right, there was an oak furniture business renting out space at Anmer. From what I've read in this link, Frogmore isn't open that much to the general public and is still very much in use by the British royal family.

A look around Frogmore, the Royals' secret garden, which opens to the public this week | The Telegraph
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Courtier

I apologize if this has already been posted.

I hope someone here knows if this is a house on the Frogmore Estate. It very recently was approved for renovation.

Watford For You
Old 12-21-2017, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What I've read says no one currently lives there and the royal family use it for entertaining. I'm not sure it could be ruled out entirely as a future Harry and Meghan country home.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I apologize if this has already been posted.

I hope someone here knows if this is a house on the Frogmore Estate. It very recently was approved for renovation.

Watford For You
I got excited then but no sadly. This isn't a house on the Frogmore Estate, it's another property called Frogmore House that is located in Watford, about 23 miles from Windsor.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
What I've read says no one currently lives there and the royal family use it for entertaining. I'm not sure it could be ruled out entirely as a future Harry and Meghan country home.
I never thought about Frogmore House only the basis that I thought it was actually already occupied or otherwise used for entertaining. So indeed now i think it would be a great candidate for Harry and Meghan's future home!
Old 12-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Frogmore Estate or Gardens comprise 33 acres of private gardens within the grounds of the Home Park, adjoining Windsor Castle, in the English county of Berkshire.

Plenty of room for privacy too!

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4829041,-0.5956988,15z

LaRae
Old 12-22-2017, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Am I remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there a new building put up at Frogmore
and used for Peter Phillips wedding.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The more I think about it, its very possible that over the dating period, Harry and Meghan may have actually stayed at Frogmore. It would make sense out of their statement that they have good memories of Windsor.

I just don't know how habitable Frogmore is currently.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Am I remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there a new building put up at Frogmore
and used for Peter Phillips wedding.
I don't know about a new building but his and Autumn's wedding reception was held at Frogmore.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The more I think about it, its very possible that over the dating period, Harry and Meghan may have actually stayed at Frogmore. It would make sense out of their statement that they have good memories of Windsor.

I just don't know how habitable Frogmore is currently.
The few pics I've seen of the inside, it looks very 'habitable'.

https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/v...-house#/#house

LaRae
Old 12-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Courtier

It certainly looks a beautiful place to hang you hat.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

I could probably get by living there ...if I had to.... <G>

LaRae
Old 12-22-2017, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I could probably get by living there ...if I had to.... <G>

LaRae
Me too!!
Old 12-23-2017, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The few pics I've seen of the inside, it looks very 'habitable'.

https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/v...-house#/#house

LaRae
It was renovated/restored in the 80's, work finished in 1990. It has been redecorated since. In 1997, when the Britannia was decommissioned, Philip decorated some of the rooms of Frogmore using items from the yacht. The resoration is said to have cost 2.5 million pounds and restored many of the original details, including art work from the time of Queen Charlotte.

Quote:
Yes it is open to tourists, which is common in these type of houses, to pay for the upkeep. It would be possible to shut down tourist visits inside. The rental income Harry would be paying on the house would pay for the upkeep of the home.

The grounds easily could still be rented out. Bagshot is similar. Edward and Sophie lease the house but not the surrounding farmland and woods.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:26 AM
Courtier

I wouldn't mind this little country pile Would need to change that fabric on the couches though

Closed Thread

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences