The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #841  
Old 10-23-2017, 08:37 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,071
I can see him with a second/third home in Africa. If they can figure out somewhere stable/safe enough. Maybe held in someone else's name but at his family's disposal. Maybe Anne is looking for a nice place for Harry while in Madagascar.
__________________

__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
Reply With Quote
  #842  
Old 10-23-2017, 08:38 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Harry, from what I know of him, doesn't seem to be the type of person that is all that gung-ho on keeping up appearances and one where the bigger the home, the better he looks kind of guy. Andrew, yes because status and prestige is important to him. Harry, no because I think he relishes the "just one of the guys" mode.

If anything, I think his main priority in homes will be focused on the level of privacy and security rather than the size of the place. He's going to be as adamant as William is when it comes to the privacy of his family.
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #843  
Old 10-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Why do you feel so strongly that Harry should have a large London home and a huge country estate? He has money but most of it is tied up to provide him with an income, so I don't see him spending his own money on a large country estate to keep up. If it is about equality with William, in certain respects he will never be equal- William will be King one day.
I can see them with a country place similar to the Middletons' current home.
Did you ever consider Charles can assist Harry if Harry wanted a larger country home?
Reply With Quote
  #844  
Old 10-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
4B is more opulent if it has 6 bedrooms, and 4a no one lives in it so I can see it being combined for him. Who knows Harry could have a country home if he wanted to.
He could. I think Harry's wife will have a lot of input. If they want children, I think the wife will put a great deal of thought into where the children will be raised and schooled. Of course, Harry will, too, but it won't be solely Harry's biases at work (I would think). So until we see who Harry's wife will be much of this is a coin toss imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
But again, why does it have to a grand home? It could perfectly well be a small home with just the right amount of bedrooms for them and their future children. I never saw the use of having two reception rooms and the likes.
It doesn't 'have to be' a grand home but Harry is royal, and it is what he has lived around all his life. Generally people go to type when creating a nest for family. These grand homes can (and do) have cozy, 'people sized' normality to them, so one does not exclude the other in my view.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #845  
Old 10-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
He could. I think Harry's wife will have a lot of input. If they want children, I think the wife will put a great deal of thought into where the children will be raised and schooled. Of course, Harry will, too, but it won't be solely Harry's biases at work (I would think). So until we see who Harry's wife will be much of this is a coin toss imo.



It doesn't 'have to be' a grand home but Harry is royal, and it is what he has lived around all his life. Generally people go to type when creating a nest for family. These grand homes can (and do) have cozy, 'people sized' normality to them, so one does not exclude the other in my view.
I agree 100%!!!
Reply With Quote
  #846  
Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Did you ever consider Charles can assist Harry if Harry wanted a larger country home?
Well perhaps the Duchy of Cornwall would invest in a property and lease it to Harry, but I don't know how much disposable income Charles has to be buying estates for other people. He didn't even spend his own money on Highgrove.
Reply With Quote
  #847  
Old 10-23-2017, 10:10 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Its a well known fact that Charles chipped in and helped the Cambridges to pay for the redecorating of Apartment 1A to get it to be how they wanted it to be. There is no reason why he couldn't do the same for Harry.

I seriously doubt that Harry will be given a property of his own or have one built for him like was done with Sarah and Andrew. Most likely Harry and family will live in either a Crown Estate property or something on one of the monarch's private estates of Balmoral and Sandringham as a country retreat with a KP apartment as their London base. Its just logical.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #848  
Old 10-23-2017, 10:14 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
He could. I think Harry's wife will have a lot of input. If they want children, I think the wife will put a great deal of thought into where the children will be raised and schooled. Of course, Harry will, too, but it won't be solely Harry's biases at work (I would think). So until we see who Harry's wife will be much of this is a coin toss imo.



It doesn't 'have to be' a grand home but Harry is royal, and it is what he has lived around all his life. Generally people go to type when creating a nest for family. These grand homes can (and do) have cozy, 'people sized' normality to them, so one does not exclude the other in my view.
Schooling is only really an issue if they plan on making the country home their main home.

William never considered schools with Amner, or Charles with Highgrove. Why? Because London would be their main base and where the kids would be schooled, until if and when they go to boarding school later. That is how it was with William and Harry. I do think the Cambridge kids will eventually go to boarding school, but much older, like Eton age.

If they make London their main home, that is where the kids will be schooled. So if they find they like Birkhall, or a place in Norfolk or Cotswolds or so on, school isn't really a huge sticking point. It will be their home for weekends and holidays.
Reply With Quote
  #849  
Old 10-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 623
I think Birkhall is too far from London to be considered as a "weekend" place-it's at least a 6 hour flight to London from Aberdeen (and an 1 1/4 hour drive to Aberdeen from Birkhall/Balmoral) or a 10+ hour train trip.
Reply With Quote
  #850  
Old 10-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Schooling is only really an issue if they plan on making the country home their main home.

William never considered schools with Amner, or Charles with Highgrove. Why? Because London would be their main base and where the kids would be schooled, until if and when they go to boarding school later. That is how it was with William and Harry. I do think the Cambridge kids will eventually go to boarding school, but much older, like Eton age.

If they make London their main home, that is where the kids will be schooled. So if they find they like Birkhall, or a place in Norfolk or Cotswolds or so on, school isn't really a huge sticking point. It will be their home for weekends and holidays.
Not sure what you're objecting to. My point was that where the children get schooled will have a bearing on where they decide to love full-time. I think you are saying the same thing.

EDIT: How cute: I mis-typed. I meant to type 'where they live full time' not 'where they love full time' but I'm not changing it because it's so cute (I think).
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #851  
Old 10-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Not sure what you're objecting to. My point was that where the children get schooled will have a bearing on where they decide to love full-time. I think you are saying the same thing.
I don't recall saying I was objecting, just adding to the conversation. Adding my thoughts to your comments. Usually how a discussion goes.
Reply With Quote
  #852  
Old 10-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
My thoughts. I do feel that both Meghan and Harry are more urbanites than country people, therefore a large place at KP is likely. That doesn't negate at all that they will probably receive a country place on Crown land of a decent size and able to accommodate RPOs if necessary, nor that they won't appreciate it.

Meghan might well have visited Gloucestershire, Norfolk, Highgrove, Sandringham in the past year. However, that's not akin to actually living in a spot and feeling comfortable in it.

That's why the pair might not buy a country property for a while after marriage. After all, Wood Farm, Highgrove and even Birkhall (though I don't think Harry is that fond of Scotland) have plenty of guest accommodation while Meghan makes up her mind. Living in London is one thing but getting away regularly for a few days to a place where you feel relaxed and completely at home is another.
Reply With Quote
  #853  
Old 10-24-2017, 12:30 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Olathe, United States
Posts: 1
Hello all. I am from Kansas — Middle of the USA —I too am a long time “reader” of the forum. I enjoy reading everything you all post & learning about the Monarchy. My Question:

Has anyone pondered the idea of 4b being renovated for the Gloucester’s?? Then Harry gets their accommodations??
Reply With Quote
  #854  
Old 10-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
Hello princesstully, and welcome to the forum. There's nothing that could prevent what you suggest happening at all. The only thing against it though, besides the Gloucesters preferring their present location, IMO, is that they have three children who are married and six growing grandchildren, which makes their larger home ideal for big family get-togethers.
Reply With Quote
  #855  
Old 10-24-2017, 12:44 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
My thoughts. I do feel that both Meghan and Harry are more urbanites than country people, therefore a large place at KP is likely. That doesn't negate at all that they will probably receive a country place on Crown land of a decent size and able to accommodate RPOs if necessary, nor that they won't appreciate it.

Meghan might well have visited Gloucestershire, Norfolk, Highgrove, Sandringham in the past year. However, that's not akin to actually living in a spot and feeling comfortable in it.

That's why the pair might not buy a country property for a while after marriage. After all, Wood Farm, Highgrove and even Birkhall (though I don't think Harry is that fond of Scotland) have plenty of guest accommodation while Meghan makes up her mind. Living in London is one thing but getting away regularly for a few days to a place where you feel relaxed and completely at home is another.
Good points

As long as they have a main home, in London, its no rush for a country home. Give some time for Meghan and Harry to get the feel for different locations. Who knows, she and Harry may find a real love for Scotland together, or High grove. Unlike Kate, Meghan has spent limited time in the UK and even less as a couple with Harry. They should find an area that they like together if they are going to buy (have bought for them) or lease a place.


Quote:
Has anyone pondered the idea of 4b being renovated for the Gloucester’s?? Then Harry gets their accommodations??
Not sure why they would?? Whats the point of musical apartments? 4b is said to be quite opulent. If it is not large enough, 4a can likely be merged into it for them. No need to swap houses around. Swapping houses would likely be more expensive anyways. Because Harry wouldn't likely want to move into the Gloucester suite as it is, would want it renovated for them.
Reply With Quote
  #856  
Old 10-24-2017, 12:45 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 129
Harry would probably get a crown estate country home and his large london base home in Kensington Palace.
Reply With Quote
  #857  
Old 10-24-2017, 06:11 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Harry would probably get a crown estate country home and his large london base home in Kensington Palace.
Unlikely to her a Crown Estate property. They have to be paid for privately by HM / the PoW. Probably much more economical to give him a home on land already owned by the Queen or the Duchy of Cornwall.
Reply With Quote
  #858  
Old 10-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Unlikely to her a Crown Estate property. They have to be paid for privately by HM / the PoW. Probably much more economical to give him a home on land already owned by the Queen or the Duchy of Cornwall.
That's logical.
Reply With Quote
  #859  
Old 10-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Unlikely to her a Crown Estate property. They have to be paid for privately by HM / the PoW. Probably much more economical to give him a home on land already owned by the Queen or the Duchy of Cornwall.
And those properties would already have security systems and lodging for RPOs in place.
Reply With Quote
  #860  
Old 10-24-2017, 12:22 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,098
Future Home for Prince Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
And those properties would already have security systems and lodging for RPOs in place.


Pretty sure most of the Duchy of Cornwall property outside of Highgrove doesn’t have RPO lodging and royal protection level security systems. The same thing with non main houses at Sandringham. Anmer had to be upgraded before the Cambridges moved in. Andrew and Edward live in homes leased from the Crown Estate near Windsor. Why would that be allowed for them but not Harry?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events cymry denmark duchess of cornwall earl of snowdon general news grand duchess maria teresa hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess eugenie princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary current events princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania daytime fashion queen silvia sofia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises