Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a really beautiful house. Something like this would give Meghan and Harry a place of sanctuary to escape to from all the madness.

8 million pounds...that's quite a sticker price.

LaRae

My goodness..I just saw all the pics of this house...the floors are simply gorgeous! The kitchen is lovely! I need to win the lottery!! LOL

LaRae

^

Actually it's 'only' £3.000,000....

^

Actually it's 'only' £3.000,000....

Oh only 3..well write the check!!!! :D

LOVE this though...my favorite one that has been suggested for them yet. I can't get over the charm in that house. The quality of work inside..they've done a great job at keeping it up.

ETA: wyevale where is this in location to Sandringham? How far?

LaRae

Oh only 3..well write the check!!!! :D

LOVE this though...my favorite one that has been suggested for them yet. I can't get over the charm in that house. The quality of work inside..they've done a great job at keeping it up.

ETA: wyevale where is this in location to Sandringham? How far?

LaRae

Quite far. Its in Gloucestershire, so much closer to Wales then Sandringham. According to google maps, about 3 1/2 hours away. It is close to Cardiff and Bristol.

It is near his childhood country home, Highgrove. Its about 17 minutes from Tetbury where Highgrove is, and 23 minutes from Gatcombe. Its about the same distance from London, as Sandringham would be.

Ah so close to Zara and Mike then. Hmmmmm ok well if they don't go with Sandringham this would be an excellent option!

Honestly 200 miles isn't that bad. I travel 2 hours to visit friends (we live rural) several times a year.

They won't be going there every weekend anyway I'd say...and if google is right they are just over 2 hours to London.

LaRae

Ah so close to Zara and Mike then. Hmmmmm ok well if they don't go with Sandringham this would be an excellent option!

Honestly 200 miles isn't that bad. I travel 2 hours to visit friends (we live rural) several times a year.

They won't be going there every weekend anyway I'd say...and if google is right they are just over 2 hours to London.

LaRae

Its also close to friends. And to where Harry often plays polo. Close to Zara and Peter and their kids. Its definitely a good choice for many reasons, if someone like Charles decides to buy them a home, and not one on one of the estates. Or Charles bought a few properties near Highgrove years back.

Harry and William live close and work together in London. I don't think it is necessary for them to have a country home close together. If Harry wants to great, but may not appeal. He can always visit them at Sandringham anyways.

Be interesting to see where they end up, both London and the country.

It is a beautiful home but I can't see the Queen buying a new property when she has several estates that have potential homes on it. In addition, security and not being generally accessible (by being on a royal estate) are added benefits that even this beautiful home can overlook.

:previous: I believe Zonk is right, any town or country home would be in a property would be in a property that is already covered by security. It would be unacceptable to the people of the UK to set up an entirely new security setup which would mean more people power.

If they reside or have an apartment in KP they are covered, just as if they have a country home in Windsor, Sandringham or even Balmoral!

As to the Apartment 1 situation, I don't believe that Harry would feel it was right to kick the olds out of their 'home' since they're worked for the firm all their lives. They and the children and grandchildren are their friends and contemporaries, so no.

As to the Apartment 1 situation, I don't believe that Harry would feel it was right to kick the olds out of their 'home' since they're worked for the firm all their lives. They and the children and grandchildren are their friends and contemporaries, so no.

He wouldn't just kick them out, but if they are willing to move into something smaller now that their children are grown, why NOT take them up on it?
It seems win/win to me.

I expect Harry's next move will be into a permanent home, so it makes sense to choose something large enough to accommodate a family.

If they offer and are accommodated in another apartment that's suitable for them. I don't see the problem. 21 room apartment for empty nesters is a lot. It's not even about the space not being used, but imagining keep the place maintained like cleaning and such. I'm sure they have help, but that's still a lot.

If they offer and are accommodated in another apartment that's suitable for them. I don't see the problem. 21 room apartment for empty nesters is a lot. It's not even about the space not being used, but imagining keep the place maintained like cleaning and such. I'm sure they have help, but that's still a lot.

Yes, and just maintaining a place of that size costs money, so they might be relieved to downsize and spend a little less on housekeeping and maintenance.

It will be interesting to see what happens, since I'm betting that all of this has already been discussed and plans are in the works.

Yes, and just maintaining a place of that size costs money, so they might be relieved to downsize and spend a little less on housekeeping and maintenance.

It will be interesting to see what happens, since I'm betting that all of this has already been discussed and plans are in the works.

I'm not one willing to assume they're moving out to make room for H&M, but at the same time it doesn't seem like a stretch to think the Gloucesters might be ready for a change. They're both at an age where a lot of people prefer to either be retired or scaling back their work quite a bit. They shared that apartment for years with his mother and could feel they just haven't needed all that space since her death. Given his interest and training in architecture and historic conservation, I wouldn't be surprised if he welcomed an excuse to find a smaller, older house to take on as both a project and a home.

'Swapsies' between the Gloucester's and the Harry's sounds very practical imo..

I don't think it'd be likely that Gloucesters would move into NottCott. But 4B would give them enough space if their children are visiting still. It's still grand as a primary home, but scaled down for the massive Apartment 1. The main reason I don't think Meghan and Harry will end up at 4B is because it doesn't have a private garden for any potential children. Given that their children won't have security assigned to them, I think having a space that's already secured is necessary.

And I do think they'll be based in London since they likely won't be part time working royals for long and will need a base in London.

What about Tatched House Lodge ? Princess Alexandra is alone and she also has an apartment at St James' Palace. Wasn't there rumours some years ago that she wanted to move because she felt the house was too full of memories of her life with her late husband ?

What about Tatched House Lodge ? Princess Alexandra is alone and she also has an apartment at St James' Palace. Wasn't there rumours some years ago that she wanted to move because she felt the house was too full of memories of her life with her late husband ?

The Lodge does belong to the Crown Estate but since the lease was acquired by Angus Ogilvy on the open when the previous holder sold up, it's considered private property and would have to be bought by Harry or for Harry.

Wikipedia has a much more thorough explanation than I give here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatched_House_Lodge

:previous: It really is quite lovely but is, of course, leased. As to apartment 1, I find myself wondering if Harry really wants to live so close to William and Catherine.

I am not being mean or imagining they don't like each other but they work so close and then to live next door as well, it could all get quite sufficating.

It has been said that Harry and Meghan want to start a family immediately which seems very sensible. I would imagine the country would afford them the same privacy and time to really 'make' their little family a firm and loving entity just as Anmer Hall allowed William and Catherine to do.

Somehow I think a smaller apartment in KP and a larger country home could work better for them. And, if the country home was in Windsor, all the better . . . but not that nightmare faux Tudor turreted eyesore.

It has been said that Harry and Meghan want to start a family immediately which seems very sensible. I would imagine the country would afford them the same privacy and time to really 'make' their little family a firm and loving entity just as Anmer Hall allowed William and Catherine to do.

Somehow I think a smaller apartment in KP and a larger country home could work better for them. And, if the country home was in Windsor, all the better . . . but not that nightmare faux Tudor turreted eyesore.

Assuming that Harry and Meghan start a family quickly, I don't think we can compare their situation to that of William and Kate's when they were starting their families. When George was born, William was a part time royal and still working for SAR and then later EAAA. He and Kate were able to have the privacy that they had because of that. Harry and Meghan are in a different position entirely - Harry isn't a part time royal anymore, doesn't have another job, and doesn't have reason to live primarily outside of London. I highly doubt Harry is expecting a similar path to what William and Kate had - even taking out the heir vs. spare dynamic, he's older and he's more established in his role than William was when George was born.

I am expecting a pregnancy announcement by end of this year or early next year. I don't think they will wait very long to get a family started for obvious reasons.

I do think at some point they will have a country home too, most likely at Sandringham. With all the construction going on at KP I figure they won't be in Nott Cott too long.

LaRae

Assuming that Harry and Meghan start a family quickly, I don't think we can compare their situation to that of William and Kate's when they were starting their families. When George was born, William was a part time royal and still working for SAR and then later EAAA. He and Kate were able to have the privacy that they had because of that. Harry and Meghan are in a different position entirely - Harry isn't a part time royal anymore, doesn't have another job, and doesn't have reason to live primarily outside of London. I highly doubt Harry is expecting a similar path to what William and Kate had - even taking out the heir vs. spare dynamic, he's older and he's more established in his role than William was when George was born.

The comparison is more to Edward, Andrew and Anne then William. The suggestion being having a large country home and a small city home. William was never this, both of his are large. The suggestion of Thatch cottage which is at Windsor, and would be a convenient base for a lot of their work. And having a small home in London for work. This is how all of Charles' siblings live and operate.

If they have a large country home, I expect this to be the situation. That the country home is their main home. Windsor makes sense. Its close for London for work. It has good schools for the kids.

If their main home is in the city, which I suspect, I would be expecting a much smaller home at Sandringham.

I don't think it'd be likely that Gloucesters would move into NottCott. But 4B would give them enough space if their children are visiting still. It's still grand as a primary home, but scaled down for the massive Apartment 1. The main reason I don't think Meghan and Harry will end up at 4B is because it doesn't have a private garden for any potential children. Given that their children won't have security assigned to them, I think having a space that's already secured is necessary.

Yes, in no way do I see the Gloucesters moving into Nott cottage. Just because they are empty nesters doesn't mean they will downsize that much :ermm:

One of the main reasons they lease out Barnwell is because they cant afford to have BOTH a country home and a city home. I doubt the couple is about to retire in the next few years. The Duke of kent would be more likely. The Gloucesters need a London base. And arguably they need one as large as Harry's. They may not need for kids at home, but they don't have offices outside their home. Harry has their offices, which has reception rooms as well for hosting events. The Gloucesters use their apartment not only as a house but for their offices, and for hosting events for their work as well. Nott cottage doesn't have the space for their offices, or for them to host. Not to mention when their grandchildren come to visit.

If they move, I would say 4b. 4b is five-six bedrooms (those counts usually don't include staff space). That is the size bedroom wise of Cambridge's. It is also said to be quite opulent. It would actually serve well for either Harry/Meghan or the Gloucesters in reality. The only reason their current apartment might be better for Harry, IMO is not to make him right next to Harry, but because it seems to have a private garden I believe which would be nice for little kids.

Last edited:

Agreed.

Personally I feel they will stay in Nott Cott as long as they can but I am sure plans are being made for something else. They have made it no secret their desire to be parents so eventually a bigger space will be required.

When Prince Harry moves, is he allowed to have the furniture that came exclusively with his former residence moved to his new house?

Agreed.

Personally I feel they will stay in Nott Cott as long as they can but I am sure plans are being made for something else. They have made it no secret their desire to be parents so eventually a bigger space will be required.

If they are able to have children... It isn't guaranteed (as I am sure you are aware). It could indeed very well be that they prefer to stay in Nott Cott for the time being but I don't expect them to stay there for the next decades if they end up without children. So imo a pregnancy will most likely hurry up things but I think it would happen in any case.

One thing I do expect with any decision made on residences for Harry and Meghan is that once these decisions are made, they'll be permanent. Its not like with Charles and Camilla or William and Kate that they'll play musical residences as they move up the line of succession and its even been expressed that William and Kate will remain in Apt. 1A even after his father becomes King.

Where Harry and Meghan move, it will most likely be for their lifetime.

When Prince Harry moves, is he allowed to have the furniture that came exclusively with his former residence moved to his new house?

I am not sure of any "furniture that came exclusively" with Nott Cott. My guess is that furniture at Nott COtt would either be things that W&C bought when they were using Nott Cott, or things that harry has acquired since. All of thise items of furniture would be for Harry to take with him when he moves.

One thing I do expect with any decision made on residences for Harry and Meghan is that once these decisions are made, they'll be permanent. Its not like with Charles and Camilla or William and Kate that they'll play musical residences as they move up the line of succession and its even been expressed that William and Kate will remain in Apt. 1A even after his father becomes King.

Where Harry and Meghan move, it will most likely be for their lifetime.
I don’t think any of them were expected to move until they come to the throne. Charles moved to St. James Palace because he needed a London base as Diana got the KP apartment, and there was limited space at that time. He moved into Clarence House after the QM passed away. Now granted Andrew also moved. But it was his decision as Sunninghill was given to him and he had the right to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom