The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But when will that be?
Not sure who may be able to answer that question for you!!

Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But when will that be?
It was said when Charles married Diana that they wanted Clarence House, but the Queen Mother lived there...and lived there, and lived there! It seemed like forever!
If the current Queen has the same longevity, William had better not count on getting Clarence House any time soon!
Nobody knows when Charles will become King.
Until Charles becomes King, and Clarence House becomes available, there are other places.
This is a thread for Harry remember, I probably suggested Clarence as a house for him.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirabel View Post
but when will that be?
It was said when charles married diana that they wanted clarence house, but the queen mother lived there...and lived there, and lived there! It seemed like forever!
If the current queen has the same longevity, william had better not count on getting clarence house any time soon!
long live the queen!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Courtier

If William & Kate decide on remaining in his Clarence House apartment..where will Harry live..............he can't remain living with the married couple
Old 04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Why not. W & C have been living together for quite some time now, so a honeymoon year or two is kind of moot, plus Harry is away most of the time.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

I would love to see the inside of Clarence House. Is that possible? I mean by pictures of course. Won't try to break in!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I would love to see the inside of Clarence House. Is that possible? I mean by pictures of course. Won't try to break in!
If I am notmistaken, the building and gardens are opened to the public from time to time.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Clarence House opening hours:

4 August - 4 September 2011

Monday - Friday 10:00 to 16:00; Saturday/sunday 10 to 17:30

Entry by timed ticket, guided tour.

There's also a combined visit of Clarence House and Buckingham Palace...
Old 06-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

What about Kennsington palace and Balmoral - can you visit those too>
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Courtier

So now Kate and William have their little house at KP does that mean Harry has Clarence house mostly to himself. It was my understanding they had their own apartments along with Prince Charles. When Charles eventually moves to BP then it may go to William. I thought they were emptying out KP but it still seems fairly full. Why not Frogmore? That is a great place and it would suit Harry.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
What about Kennsington palace and Balmoral - can you visit those too>

You can visit both. The State rooms at KP are beautiful and they also have the room where Queen Victoria was born open all the time. KP is open pretty much every day of the year and you don't need to book ahead of time (at least I have never done so).

At Balmoral, when the Queen isn't in residence you can visit but I think it is only the ballroom that is open.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
So now Kate and William have their little house at KP does that mean Harry has Clarence house mostly to himself. It was my understanding they had their own apartments along with Prince Charles. When Charles eventually moves to BP then it may go to William. I thought they were emptying out KP but it still seems fairly full. Why not Frogmore? That is a great place and it would suit Harry.

William and Harry had an apartment at CH that they shared. The majority of the house is still the home of Charles and Camilla.

Presumably when Charles becomes King William or Harry will move permanently into CH but if William is really settled at KP he mightn't want to move, knowing that he will have to move again to go into BP. CH might even become the home of Harry outright, Philip if he outlives the Queen or even be handed over to the nation if there is no one willing or able to move in.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
William and Harry had an apartment at CH that they shared. The majority of the house is still the home of Charles and Camilla.

Presumably when Charles becomes King William or Harry will move permanently into CH but if William is really settled at KP he mightn't want to move, knowing that he will have to move again to go into BP. CH might even become the home of Harry outright, Philip if he outlives the Queen or even be handed over to the nation if there is no one willing or able to move in.
IMO, CH is the most "senior" royal home in London after BP. I suspect that once Charles is King, W&C will move there. Once Harry outgrows the apartment at CH, I am sure suitable accommodation will be fond for him at either BP, KP or St .
Old 06-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Huh? So he's going to move from CH to BP? I'd call BP the most senior royal home and CH the second. I don't see him moving out of CH, it's his london base, William and Catherine have KP.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Huh? So he's going to move from CH to BP? I'd call BP the most senior royal home and CH the second. I don't see him moving out of CH, it's his london base, William and Catherine have KP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
IMO, CH is the most "senior" royal home in London after BP. I suspect that once Charles is King, W&C will move there. Once Harry outgrows the apartment at CH, I am sure suitable accommodation will be fond for him at either BP, KP or St .
1) Perhaps you did not notice that I said that CH was the senior most London home after BP

2) It is a reasonable possibility that when Harry outgrows CH and if Charles is still not King, Harry moves to an apartment at BP, no different from Andrew and Edward
Old 06-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I presume you mean when he outgrows CH?
Well I see CH being Harry's London base with Highgrove as his personal home. Just like Anne has Gatcombe Park, Andrew had The Royal Lodge and Edward has Bagshot Park.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I presume you mean when he outgrows CH?
Thats correct, I have corrected my post.

Quote:
Well I see CH being Harry's London base with Highgrove as his personal home. Just like Anne has Gatcombe Park, Andrew had The Royal Lodge and Edward has Bagshot Park.
I suspect Harry will continue to live at the apartment at CH for the next few years. Once he is married and possibly has children, he may need more room, and may then be provided a London apartment at either KP, SJP or BP. I would be surprised if William and Catherine did not move to Clarence House once William was Duke of Cornwall.

As regards a country property for Harry, I suspect there are a number of options. Highgrove is a possibility, but since it is owned by the Duchy, it may be reserved for William (at least till William becomes King). Harry may well be provided something on the Windsor estate, Frogmore or the property in Herefordshire (also owned by the Duchy).
Old 07-15-2011, 03:55 AM
Aristocracy

Won't Harry be living in military housing, since he's going to be in the army for awhile? I assumed he'd be doing that or, like William, buying a house near where his training will be. Anyway, I'd read that he was going to be coming to the US for awhile to do some military training this year.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Won't Harry be living in military housing, since he's going to be in the army for awhile? I assumed he'd be doing that or, like William, buying a house near where his training will be. Anyway, I'd read that he was going to be coming to the US for awhile to do some military training this year.
Yes, Harry will (and does) live in military housing, but does need a place in London for when he is off duty. In time, he will probably need a place in the country as well for time off-duty

Quote:
.....or, like William, buying a house near where his training will be.
William and Catherine are renting a property, they have not bought it.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Some images of Clarence House....

Clarence House images - Google Search

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences