The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Aristocracy

What about Coppins as a country home? The Kents no longer live there, right?

Old 10-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
What about Coppins as a country home? The Kents no longer live there, right?
It was sold by the family in the early 70s.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
[...]on occasion the queen has hosted at Windsor. The last time was in 2006 it seems. Windsor is the largest of the queen's homes, and certainly has more guest space then Norfolk. It does lack the privacy of being their own home though. If Charles plans to slim down events when he is king, and William and his family have Amner, the lack of space at Sandringham will be little worry.

Or he may choose to switch Christmas to Balmoral.
We know that he and Camilla love their home up near Balmoral, they spend new years there.
That would be fun! Makes a lot of sense, but better, it would mean Christmas in the snow! And very private.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

For what it’s worth...

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle house-hunting in Cotswolds | Daily Mail Online

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Who knows, maybe Harry and Meghan may settle in the Cotswolds, or on an estate near to Highgrove. However, to me this article looks suspiciously like an ad for Cotswold properties for sale at the moment, aided and abetted by the Fail's photos. Real estate agents in the area must be happy.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course more rumors. No way is one of Harry's friends (the circle that would know) going to spill this if it's true.

LaRae
Old 10-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Aristocracy

Is Highgrove in the Cotswolds?
Old 10-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highgrove_House

It's in Gloucestershire. Also I'm certain that Harry and Meghan will determine for themselves where they wish to live. If they wish to be close to Harry's only sibling then why shouldn't they choose to live at KP and/or on the Sandringham estate? The brothers do have a close relationship.

Quote:
Is Highgrove in the Cotswolds? I hope they settle there or somewhere not close to Kate and William. I want Meghan and Harry to have their own identity apart from the Cambridges as much as possible.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is Highgrove in the Cotswolds?
Yes I think South Cotswolds. Again..totally rumor. No one in his circle would say this and no realtor would dare breathe a word of it if they hoped to make their commission.

LaRae
Old 10-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

This should be in the Harry's future home thread, but the real difficulty of the couple having a home on the Sandringham estate is a scarcity of available buildings, unless a piece of land is hived off and a new home built.

I'm sure Harry loves shooting at Sandringham, but he may also want to play polo still and be near the polo crowd he's known for years. We will just have to wait and see.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Aristocracy

The best thing would be for Harry and Meg to get Highgrove, but I also feel they should have their own place with no memories.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The best thing would be for Harry and Meg to get Highgrove, but I also feel they should have their own place with no memories.
If Harry wanted to live at Highgrove that would probably mean the good memories were better than any bad memories. And Meghan has no memories of the place.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If they have good memories (and reportedly they do) of Highgrove then why not take advantage of the opportunity to use it if they want to? Anyway, you can't get rid of memories just by avoiding a certain house.

LaRae
Old 10-13-2017, 11:38 PM
Nobility

The claim I found interesting in the story was that Charles bought houses adjacent to Highgrove 10 years ago. That seems like something that would be easy to check through the land registry, and therefore less likely to be an embellishment.

However, I have to laugh at the supposed "friend":

Quote:
'Harry is being discreet,' a friend says. 'This is a word-of-mouth search, with Harry's friends pulling out all the stops.'
Umm... someone's comfortable with cognitive dissonance...
Old 10-14-2017, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That will be interesting to watch. To see what Meghan's wishes are for her life with Harry, as distinct from royal expectations. Though I think it will always be Harry running interference on everything. (Rightly so).

Cotswolds would be beautiful!
Old 10-14-2017, 12:34 AM
Majesty

Chippy, my old stomping ground. I lived in a small village between Chippy and Hook Norton for about a year when I was in the UK. It seems a reasonable idea, not overly far from London but close to polo and social circles. But I don't believe these things. I am on page with those who suggested it was a real estate brochure sponsored by some agents and turned into a story. Not too long ago we had a very similar story about looking at houses in Norfolk.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that a number of posts have been edited or deleted as they were off-topic. Let's stick to the topic of the thread and leave William, Catherine and the Kents out of it. Thank you.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If Harry wanted to live at Highgrove that would probably mean the good memories were better than any bad memories. And Meghan has no memories of the place.
why don't people leave it to them to decide where they live? If Highgrove is available (I don't thnk it will be) and they want it, I suppose they'll get it. but surely they know whether they will like a particular house rather than outside people.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:14 AM
Royal Highness

The Cotswolds are relentlessly 'smart' and snobby. Ms Markle may well feel more comfortable in the more relaxed atmosphere of Norfolk/Suffolk.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:06 AM
Royal Highness

Smart and snobby they may be; they’re certain to be delighted to welcome royalty into their circle. It seems likely that Harry already has many friends there.

Abraham Lincoln

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences