Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the likelihood of Harry moving into Clarence House in the future? It has been confirmed that the Cambridges will remain in their current apartment through Charles's reign.

What is the likelihood of Harry moving into Clarence House in the future? It has been confirmed that the Cambridges will remain in their current apartment through Charles's reign.

Probably minimal at best. Harry is going to need larger London apartments before Clarence house is available. And with all the renovations on Buckingham, there is a chance he will remain in Clarence when he first comes to the throne.

You are going to tell me Edward's family will be squeezed into a two bedroom when they are all in London for Trooping or other events? And Andrew's daughters have their own apartment that they share in St. James right now, don't they?

Yes the York girls have a four room apartment in St. James. As adults, they have their own apartment, which they pay rent on (or their dad).

Edward and Sophie are rarely in London, with the kids. Many families of 4 live in 2 bedroom apartments, and all year. I highly doubt an apartment in Buckingham is very cramped, and they are sleeping on top of each other.

Yes the York girls have a four room apartment in St. James. As adults, they have their own apartment, which they pay rent on (or their dad).

What about Ivy Cottage that has been mentioned where Eugenie is living? :ermm: How does that jive with having a KP apartment, too? Does she live at both at different times? Puzzle.

I think it was just mentioned that Ivy Cottage may be a possibility for Eugenie. I don't recall hearing anything that factually had her moving into it.

What about Ivy Cottage that has been mentioned where Eugenie is living? :ermm: How does that jive with having a KP apartment, too? Does she live at both at different times? Puzzle.

It was 'reported' ivy was being converted for Eugenie. There was no confirmation that it was true, or that she has made the move. Even if she has moved into Ivy, Beatrice would still need a home.

The problem with Luckington [the 'Pride and Prejudice' House'] is that there is a Public Road leading right up to the gates, which gives access to the Parish Church just beyond them. This would create privacy and security problems, I think.

That's a big issue, unless they divert the road, which would likely cause ill-will, not so? :ermm: So I guess the coming off the market when it did was coincidence.

Is there any other Cotswold property being mentioned as a possible future country house for Harry and Meghan? :cool:

Just looking myself and I could see this becoming addictive! https://www.primelocation.com/for-s...7077b28e90e3d8630b958846e#az7GCqczD7yEl2Ml.97

Would they go for something recently built? https://www.primelocation.com/for-s...7077b28e90e3d8630b958846e#13G4cWVYc1PwMQ3D.97

Last edited:
That's a big issue, unless they divert the road, which would likely cause ill-will, not so? :ermm: So I guess the coming off the market when it did was coincidence.

Is there any other Cotswold property being mentioned as a possible future country house for Harry and Meghan? :cool:

Just looking myself and I could see this becoming addictive! https://www.primelocation.com/for-s...7077b28e90e3d8630b958846e#az7GCqczD7yEl2Ml.97

Would they go for something recently built? https://www.primelocation.com/for-s...7077b28e90e3d8630b958846e#13G4cWVYc1PwMQ3D.97

Here is the article that suggested some of the homes they were looking at

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle house-hunting in Cotswolds | Daily Mail Online

The Old Rectory
8 bedroom house for sale in Friars Lane, Lower Brailes, Banbury, Warwickshire, OX15, OX15

Fanthill
8 bedroom detached house for sale in Fanthill, Hook Norton, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15

Cross hill house
file:///C:/Users/melissa/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/CHO170203-en-brochure-1.pdf

Amberley court
https://search.savills.com/property-detail/gblhchlac140252#/r/detail/GBLHCHLAC140252

Last edited:
I'd like to re-visit the idea of Frogmore for Prince Harry and Meghan. They've said it holds a special place in their hearts; and engagement photo's out today were taken at Frogmore.

I can't remember what it was about Frogmore...seems like there were issues with it, too big, not big enough, needs work??

LaRae

I'd like to re-visit the idea of Frogmore for Prince Harry and Meghan. They've said it holds a special place in their hearts; and engagement photo's out today were taken at Frogmore.

I think it's been mentioned that the first floor wouldn't be available as a living space or something? However, based on the fact that engagement photos are taken there, I could see her staying at Frogmore the night before the wedding and leave from there.

I was wondering about this. I remember reading years ago that Frogmore was "earmarked" for Harry but didn't take it seriously. There were rumors earlier this year that Harry was looking at property in this area

I think it would be beyond cool for them to take up residence in Frogmore at some point. I don't think it likely though, it's open to tourists and 'rental' of the grounds I think.

LaRae

Last edited:
I think it would be beyond cool for them to take up residence in Frogmore at some point. I don't think it likely though, it's open to tourists and 'rental' of the grounds I think.

LaRae

Its possible that they could close off Frogmore to the public if Harry and Meghan were to take up residence there. That's what happened with Anmer Hall before the Cambridges moved in. If I remember right, there was an oak furniture business renting out space at Anmer. From what I've read in this link, Frogmore isn't open that much to the general public and is still very much in use by the British royal family.

A look around Frogmore, the Royals' secret garden, which opens to the public this week | The Telegraph

Last edited:
I apologize if this has already been posted.

I hope someone here knows if this is a house on the Frogmore Estate. It very recently was approved for renovation.

Watford For You

What I've read says no one currently lives there and the royal family use it for entertaining. I'm not sure it could be ruled out entirely as a future Harry and Meghan country home.

I apologize if this has already been posted.

I hope someone here knows if this is a house on the Frogmore Estate. It very recently was approved for renovation.

Watford For You

I got excited then but no sadly. This isn't a house on the Frogmore Estate, it's another property called Frogmore House that is located in Watford, about 23 miles from Windsor.

What I've read says no one currently lives there and the royal family use it for entertaining. I'm not sure it could be ruled out entirely as a future Harry and Meghan country home.

I never thought about Frogmore House only the basis that I thought it was actually already occupied or otherwise used for entertaining. So indeed now i think it would be a great candidate for Harry and Meghan's future home!

Am I remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there a new building put up at Frogmore
and used for Peter Phillips wedding.

The more I think about it, its very possible that over the dating period, Harry and Meghan may have actually stayed at Frogmore. It would make sense out of their statement that they have good memories of Windsor. :D

I just don't know how habitable Frogmore is currently.

Am I remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there a new building put up at Frogmore
and used for Peter Phillips wedding.

I don't know about a new building but his and Autumn's wedding reception was held at Frogmore.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It certainly looks a beautiful place to hang you hat.

I could probably get by living there ...if I had to.... <G>

LaRae

The few pics I've seen of the inside, it looks very 'habitable'.

https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/visit/frogmore-house/highlights-of-frogmore-house#/#house

LaRae

It was renovated/restored in the 80's, work finished in 1990. It has been redecorated since. In 1997, when the Britannia was decommissioned, Philip decorated some of the rooms of Frogmore using items from the yacht. The resoration is said to have cost 2.5 million pounds and restored many of the original details, including art work from the time of Queen Charlotte.

Yes it is open to tourists, which is common in these type of houses, to pay for the upkeep. It would be possible to shut down tourist visits inside. The rental income Harry would be paying on the house would pay for the upkeep of the home.

The grounds easily could still be rented out. Bagshot is similar. Edward and Sophie lease the house but not the surrounding farmland and woods.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind this little country pile ;) Would need to change that fabric on the couches though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom