Royal Highness

I think Buckingham Palace for Prince William
Kensington Palace or St. James Palace for Prince Harry

Prince William and Prince Harry move house
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ove-house.html

Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Future homes for William & Harry

Just wondered what people thought where Princes William and Harry might live in London after they are married, assuming the Queen is still alive. Kensington Palace is an option, but would they want to return there?

Old 02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Duchy of Cornwall - Design and Development - The Official Website for the Duchy of Cornwall

This was a rumoured future home.
Kensington is a wonderful place, but i don't think either William nor Harry will want to live there.
When Charles becomes king theirs Clarence House.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Courtier

Lumutqueen, was this the one rumored to be the house being re-vamped for William and Kate???
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harewood I Belive
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Courtier

What a great idea for a thread. I've already put my bid in on another thread for Restormel Manor, where the Middletons spent Christmas.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Harewood Park and Restormel are both in the country. I think the London decision would be trickier. Perhaps an apartment can be found for them at BP?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Courtier

I doubt BP maybe, KP or CH who knows we are all just "wait and see" for everythig these days...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I doubt BP and not Windsor, not for a young married couple.
A country house or Clarence House.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Majesty

I suspect an apartment in one of the existing palace complexes in London and a country home for William but possibly not until the Queen dies and then either Highgrove or Sandringham.

I think that there could be a lot of outrage if the public had to foot the bill for any more security given the number of homes that the royals already have with security.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Courtier

If the present Queen is still alive when William marries, then I think they will do up an apartment for him at St. James' Palace and arrange a country home similar to Bagshot but hopefully not as controversial. I'm not sure what became of Charles' St. James' apartment after he moved into Clarence House, but I'm sure they could work something out.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
If the present Queen is still alive when William marries, then I think they will do up an apartment for him at St. James' Palace and arrange a country home similar to Bagshot but hopefully not as controversial. I'm not sure what became of Charles' St. James' apartment after he moved into Clarence House, but I'm sure they could work something out.

I believe that the apartment in St James' has been turned into office space.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think that there could be a lot of outrage if the public had to foot the bill for any more security given the number of homes that the royals already have with security.
IMO the "outrage" will be limited to the tabloids and a few online forums.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Commoner

This was an interesting thread for me to read. I have no knowledge of where they will live when married but it is interesting to read all these posts.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Now that William and Catherine are engaged, I suspect the debate as to suitable London accomodation for the couple will restart. It was reported in the press sometime back that they are keen on KP, and that could certainly be an option. Query whether an apartment in BP were available for W&C?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Is this thread dedicated to their future home?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ton-29282.html
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Is this thread dedicated to their future home?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ton-29282.html
Many thanks for pointing out.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess View Post
William most likely Highgrove, or possibly Balmoral. Kensington or St. James Palace for Harry!
Why is william more likely to live in the middle of no where and Harry more likely to live in London? Balmoral? That is the queen's official summer residence, I don't see her giving up to her grandson and his wife. And it is pretty remote in Scotland. And again High grove is in Gloucestire, closer to London, but still. It belongs to Charles, well to the Duchy of Cornwall, and is one of his pet projects for organic farming.

I see perhaps William, after RAF, at Kensington and using either Highgrove, or that estate Charles bought a few years back. Harry, maybe St. James, and which ever of the two above estates William doesn't use. Balmoral is just too remote, and while they all visit the queen there, I don't see it being an official residence for anyone but the queen. I could be wrong.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha View Post
I'm not Princejohnny25, but I heard that it's cold and damp and that when Prince Edward wanted to put in a satellite dish, he had all sorts of problems with restrictions, licenses, etc because Buckingham Palace doesn't belong to the monarchy. At least that's what I thought I read.

I also read somewhere that there is some sort of country home that Prince Charles is renovating that there has been much speculation that it is being done for William. I think it lies in Cornwall.

Buckingham is owned like Windsor palace by the British parliament. Sandringham and Balmoral are the 2 residences the queen owns. She does have to petition for repairs and renovations. I guess the palace was open for more tourists for more days a year in the past few years, because the queen was petitioning for more money for work on the palace.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Duchy of Cornwall - Design and Development - The Official Website for the Duchy of Cornwall

This was a rumoured future home.
Kensington is a wonderful place, but i don't think either William nor Harry will want to live there.
When Charles becomes king theirs Clarence House.

But when will that be?
It was said when Charles married Diana that they wanted Clarence House, but the Queen Mother lived there...and lived there, and lived there! It seemed like forever!
If the current Queen has the same longevity, William had better not count on getting Clarence House any time soon!

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences