The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2016, 02:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
According to 'insiders' and the DM, Harry has been searching for a country home in Norfolk, to Charles's dismay, for about a year.

Prince Harry hunts for £3m countryside home in his 'happy place' Norfolk | Daily Mail Online
What does he need a house for? I really seriously dobt he's likely to be getting married and without marraige I dont see that he needs a house.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh my god my brain hurts from reading that. Does someone actually pay that writer I have seen better in high school papers

It goes from sounding like some vamped up dating ad for Prince Charming to a review of a bromance movie of two brothers. The crocodile wrestling prince who is going to buy a house with a helipad so he can fly back and forth to London so his social life is not impacted. Heck we even throw in the middletons, how he is falling for their charm, and how Charles is jealous oh and let's not forget to throw in the ex and how her dad lives close. Poor Harry is so desperate to live close to his brother. You know the time in London is not enough and the strenuous ten minute drive from sandringham to Amner is just too much for him

Old 09-10-2016, 03:25 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All that is missing from "As The Royals Turn" is a female companion for Lupo. They always forget Lupo.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-10-2016, 04:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Oh my god my brain hurts from reading that. Does someone actually pay that writer I have seen better in high school papers

It lives close. Poor Harry is so desperate to live close to his brother. You know the time in London is not enough and the strenuous ten minute drive from sandringham to Amner is just too much for him
why does he want to go to Amner? I'm sure he's still close to William and loves the kids but I'm equally sure he does not want to be sittng around the Cambridges house all the time. And I'm sure Charles is not fretting over his sons, IMO he's not the sort of father who wants to be with his kids all the time..
Old 09-10-2016, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

One glaring error from the article, Charles can't give Highgrove to Harry when he is King and doesn't need it. It is own by the Duchy of Cornwall not him personally and William will be the Duke then with George to follow him.

Also everything indicates the Cambridges moving back to KP after William's contract is up. So if Harry is going to Norfolk to be with William. He might not be there much longer as his main home.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

William will be keeping Anmer as his country home and KP as his city home. Harry already has a London home also at KP so having a country home near William isn't beyond the realms of possibility as it means that Harry can be near his brother and his brother's family all the time rather than only when they are in London (a bit like Zara and Peter whose families both live on or near the Gatcombe estate).
Old 09-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Nobility

LOL, Charles needs to accept that the Windsors love Sandringham... and Balmoral. I recall reading, but don't remember whether the source was credible or not, that after Victoria's death Edward VII offered Osborne House to his son, the future George V. George declined preferring to stay in the "glum" York Cottage on the Sandringham estate.

It is interesting referring to Sandringham as the place where "his parents were cheerful" considering that is where Diana threw herself down the stairs (IIRC) and was supposedly an assignation site for Charles and Camilla. Where I can see it making sense is that they spent Christmases there, but I don't know if it was Sandringham itself, rather the "cheerful" part had to do with it being the holidays.

ETA:
Not sure that the younger royals are as keen on Balmoral as previous generations.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

It didn't say that Charles and Diana found 'Sandringham' cheerful but 'Norfolk'. I suspect that they visited friends in Norfolk and were able to put on an act while visiting for a few days but when they were just a family then the fights etc were ongoing.

Charles loves Sandringham and spends time there himself. He also loves Balmoral.

Edward VII offered Osbourne to his sisters who said they couldn't afford its upkeep and as he already had Sandringham he gave it to the nation.

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences