Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BP doesn't seem like a very welcoming place for newlyweds. C&D started there, until almost the time of William's birth; and Sarah was a virtual bachelorette there after her marriage. IMO a new royal couple ought to have a city place of their own, away from the in-laws. Besides, Camilla's going to need the space to investigate the royal hoard. :lol:

Kensington Palace? St. James Palace?
Its unlikely to be Kensington Palace, as it is planned that in time the buildings would be vacated, handed over to the MoD and it would cease to be a royal palace. Whilst Charles and the boys previously lived at St J, their apartments have since been converted into office space for the expanding court of Charles. Which takes me back to either CH (if there is room for a suitable 2-3 bed apartment for the young couple) or Buck House - despite Buck House not being the cosiest of homes.

Harewood House would, in time, become their main home as they (and their children) get older and need more place

It would definitely not be good news for everyone.....
Prince Edward has an apartment in Buckingham Palace, I saw a documentary with Prince Andrew and he said that the old schoolroom had been turned into an apartment for PE. I don´t know whether he still has it, perhaps he and Sophie use it as a town base.

It would definitely not be good news for everyone.....
Prince Edward has an apartment in Buckingham Palace, I saw a documentary with Prince Andrew and he said that the old schoolroom had been turned into an apartment for PE. I don´t know whether he still has it, perhaps he and Sophie use it as a town base.

I think Edward & Sophie do have an apartment at Buck House - notsure if it is the old school room or another room.

I don't understand what can possibly be wrong with Kate working in her family business. She's safe from the paparazzi there and earns her money. It's good, honest work. What's the real difference between what Kate's doing and the son or daughter of wealthy land-owner learning to manage the estate? Oh, I get it...Kate's work is too "middle class" and reeks of "trade." :bang:

I personally hope that when William marries her, she can start to work for her new family's business on using more of her academical knowledge. I still think she would be a wonderful curator for the Royal Collection while William seems to want to take over as Ranger of Windsor Great Park from his grandfather. Maybe they could even make Windsor their country home, so when the queen dies Charles does not have to move in but let the castle be occupied by the new Prince of Wales and his family while he can keep Highgrove as his country seat in a kind of exchange of property lease between the Duchy of Cornwall (owner of Highgrove) and the Crown Estate (owner of Windsor Castle).

Wishful thinking, I know... :flowers:

I personally hope that when William marries her, she can start to work for her new family's business on using more of her academical knowledge. I still think she would be a wonderful curator for the Royal Collection while William seems to want to take over as Ranger of Windsor Great Park from his grandfather. Maybe they could even make Windsor their country home, so when the queen dies Charles does not have to move in but let the castle be occupied by the new Prince of Wales and his family while he can keep Highgrove as his country seat in a kind of exchange of property lease between the Duchy of Cornwall (owner of Highgrove) and the Crown Estate (owner of Windsor Castle).

I love this plan, Jo! But then, Windsor is my very favorite English castle. :D

Isn't Windsor too big for young couple?
:D

Isn't Windsor too big for young couple?
:D

I think George III solved that very problem by having approximately a bajillion children. Maybe they could do that? ;)

It may well be that William and his wife are "accomodated" at Windsor, whilst the Queen is still alive. No doubt it is large enough to provide ample accomodation for them. However, when Charles succeeds to the throne, it is highly unlikely that he will not use Windsor himself as it is so closely identified with the sovereign. Wills & family may still continue to use a part of Windsor, if they so choose. Whatever their living arrangements, I think it is highly unlikely (read as "it will never happen") that the "lease" on Windsor is tampered with.

Future homes for William & Harry

Just wondered what people thought where Princes William and Harry might live in London after they are married, assuming the Queen is still alive. Kensington Palace is an option, but would they want to return there?

Lumutqueen, was this the one rumored to be the house being re-vamped for William and Kate???

What a great idea for a thread. I've already put my bid in on another thread for Restormel Manor, where the Middletons spent Christmas.

Harewood Park and Restormel are both in the country. I think the London decision would be trickier. Perhaps an apartment can be found for them at BP?

I doubt BP maybe, KP or CH who knows we are all just "wait and see" for everythig these days...

I doubt BP and not Windsor, not for a young married couple.
A country house or Clarence House. :)

I suspect an apartment in one of the existing palace complexes in London and a country home for William but possibly not until the Queen dies and then either Highgrove or Sandringham.

I think that there could be a lot of outrage if the public had to foot the bill for any more security given the number of homes that the royals already have with security.

If the present Queen is still alive when William marries, then I think they will do up an apartment for him at St. James' Palace and arrange a country home similar to Bagshot but hopefully not as controversial. I'm not sure what became of Charles' St. James' apartment after he moved into Clarence House, but I'm sure they could work something out. ;)

If the present Queen is still alive when William marries, then I think they will do up an apartment for him at St. James' Palace and arrange a country home similar to Bagshot but hopefully not as controversial. I'm not sure what became of Charles' St. James' apartment after he moved into Clarence House, but I'm sure they could work something out. ;)

I believe that the apartment in St James' has been turned into office space.

I think that there could be a lot of outrage if the public had to foot the bill for any more security given the number of homes that the royals already have with security.

IMO the "outrage" will be limited to the tabloids and a few online forums.

This was an interesting thread for me to read. I have no knowledge of where they will live when married but it is interesting to read all these posts.

Now that William and Catherine are engaged, I suspect the debate as to suitable London accomodation for the couple will restart. It was reported in the press sometime back that they are keen on KP, and that could certainly be an option. Query whether an apartment in BP were available for W&C?

William most likely Highgrove, or possibly Balmoral. Kensington or St. James Palace for Harry!

Why is william more likely to live in the middle of no where and Harry more likely to live in London? Balmoral? That is the queen's official summer residence, I don't see her giving up to her grandson and his wife. And it is pretty remote in Scotland. And again High grove is in Gloucestire, closer to London, but still. It belongs to Charles, well to the Duchy of Cornwall, and is one of his pet projects for organic farming.

I see perhaps William, after RAF, at Kensington and using either Highgrove, or that estate Charles bought a few years back. Harry, maybe St. James, and which ever of the two above estates William doesn't use. Balmoral is just too remote, and while they all visit the queen there, I don't see it being an official residence for anyone but the queen. I could be wrong.

I'm not Princejohnny25, but I heard that it's cold and damp and that when Prince Edward wanted to put in a satellite dish, he had all sorts of problems with restrictions, licenses, etc because Buckingham Palace doesn't belong to the monarchy. At least that's what I thought I read.

I also read somewhere that there is some sort of country home that Prince Charles is renovating that there has been much speculation that it is being done for William. I think it lies in Cornwall.

Buckingham is owned like Windsor palace by the British parliament. Sandringham and Balmoral are the 2 residences the queen owns. She does have to petition for repairs and renovations. I guess the palace was open for more tourists for more days a year in the past few years, because the queen was petitioning for more money for work on the palace.

Duchy of Cornwall - Design and Development - The Official Website for the Duchy of Cornwall

This was a rumoured future home. :)
Kensington is a wonderful place, but i don't think either William nor Harry will want to live there.
When Charles becomes king theirs Clarence House.

But when will that be?
It was said when Charles married Diana that they wanted Clarence House, but the Queen Mother lived there...and lived there, and lived there! It seemed like forever!
If the current Queen has the same longevity, William had better not count on getting Clarence House any time soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom