The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2006, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I thought Prince Charles leased Highgrove and didn't own it outright. I thought the Cornwall properties own this.
You are almost right, but he doesn't lease it (he pays no rent afaIk), here is the article from Charles' website.

The Duchy of Cornwall bought Highgrove House on behalf of The Prince of Wales in 1980. The house near Tetbury, Gloucestershire,
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/abou...highgrove.html

Old 09-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think william and Harry or any other royals might move back to Kensington Palace

Old 09-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Weren't the Royals divesting themselves of Kensington?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh i didn't know that the royals were moving out of kensington. Is there something wrong with the palace ?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:09 AM
Aristocracy

Did William ever move out of Clarence House? As far as I know he shared an appartment there with Harry since he left university. The article seems very unreliable to me. If I remember correctly William and Harry will have a joint office - so no "team William". And who's crowding all the royal palaces so that there's no appartment left for Will? Wasn't it also reported that Charles had a house built for William? Of course he won't need to buy one - what for with I don't know how many royal palaces etc. at his disposal? Looks like one of those articles to fill the paper on a very slow news day.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Just thought I would ask you all if you had any ideas where Wills might live in London once he is married? The Duchy may be working on the place in the West Country, but I suspect they will have to find Wills and his wife a suitable apartment either at Buckingham Palace or Clarence House itself. Any ideas?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

CH may not be the best place. I think William (and Harry) need their own offices and addresses.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Just thought I would ask you all if you had any ideas where Wills might live in London once he is married? The Duchy may be working on the place in the West Country, but I suspect they will have to find Wills and his wife a suitable apartment either at Buckingham Palace or Clarence House itself. Any ideas?
Kensington Palace? St. James Palace?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ive Heard St James and I Think thatd be great Prince Henry could have Kensington. what happened to the house supposed to be done by 2010?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
what happened to the house supposed to be done by 2010?
That would be Harewood Park, on Prince Charles's Harewood End estate. The Evening Standard mentioned it in an article not long ago, and the DM had a write-up on the property a few years back: William, Kate, and a very fine starter home.

As far as I can tell, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that William and his future bride might keep a country house like Harewood Park and apartments in one of the London palaces, perhaps St. James or even Buck House. I think that's what Charles and Di did with Highgrove and Kensington Palace.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

BP doesn't seem like a very welcoming place for newlyweds. C&D started there, until almost the time of William's birth; and Sarah was a virtual bachelorette there after her marriage. IMO a new royal couple ought to have a city place of their own, away from the in-laws. Besides, Camilla's going to need the space to investigate the royal hoard.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysamos View Post
Kensington Palace? St. James Palace?
Its unlikely to be Kensington Palace, as it is planned that in time the buildings would be vacated, handed over to the MoD and it would cease to be a royal palace. Whilst Charles and the boys previously lived at St J, their apartments have since been converted into office space for the expanding court of Charles. Which takes me back to either CH (if there is room for a suitable 2-3 bed apartment for the young couple) or Buck House - despite Buck House not being the cosiest of homes.

Harewood House would, in time, become their main home as they (and their children) get older and need more place
Old 08-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

It would definitely not be good news for everyone.....
Prince Edward has an apartment in Buckingham Palace, I saw a documentary with Prince Andrew and he said that the old schoolroom had been turned into an apartment for PE. I donīt know whether he still has it, perhaps he and Sophie use it as a town base.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
It would definitely not be good news for everyone.....
Prince Edward has an apartment in Buckingham Palace, I saw a documentary with Prince Andrew and he said that the old schoolroom had been turned into an apartment for PE. I donīt know whether he still has it, perhaps he and Sophie use it as a town base.
I think Edward & Sophie do have an apartment at Buck House - notsure if it is the old school room or another room.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I don't understand what can possibly be wrong with Kate working in her family business. She's safe from the paparazzi there and earns her money. It's good, honest work. What's the real difference between what Kate's doing and the son or daughter of wealthy land-owner learning to manage the estate? Oh, I get it...Kate's work is too "middle class" and reeks of "trade."
I personally hope that when William marries her, she can start to work for her new family's business on using more of her academical knowledge. I still think she would be a wonderful curator for the Royal Collection while William seems to want to take over as Ranger of Windsor Great Park from his grandfather. Maybe they could even make Windsor their country home, so when the queen dies Charles does not have to move in but let the castle be occupied by the new Prince of Wales and his family while he can keep Highgrove as his country seat in a kind of exchange of property lease between the Duchy of Cornwall (owner of Highgrove) and the Crown Estate (owner of Windsor Castle).

Wishful thinking, I know...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I personally hope that when William marries her, she can start to work for her new family's business on using more of her academical knowledge. I still think she would be a wonderful curator for the Royal Collection while William seems to want to take over as Ranger of Windsor Great Park from his grandfather. Maybe they could even make Windsor their country home, so when the queen dies Charles does not have to move in but let the castle be occupied by the new Prince of Wales and his family while he can keep Highgrove as his country seat in a kind of exchange of property lease between the Duchy of Cornwall (owner of Highgrove) and the Crown Estate (owner of Windsor Castle).

I love this plan, Jo! But then, Windsor is my very favorite English castle.

HM The Queen
Old 09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't Windsor too big for young couple?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Isn't Windsor too big for young couple?
I think George III solved that very problem by having approximately a bajillion children. Maybe they could do that?

HM The Queen
Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post

It may well be that William and his wife are "accomodated" at Windsor, whilst the Queen is still alive. No doubt it is large enough to provide ample accomodation for them. However, when Charles succeeds to the throne, it is highly unlikely that he will not use Windsor himself as it is so closely identified with the sovereign. Wills & family may still continue to use a part of Windsor, if they so choose. Whatever their living arrangements, I think it is highly unlikely (read as "it will never happen") that the "lease" on Windsor is tampered with.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy

New Harewood Park residence

Craig Hamilton Architects Limited: Projects: Country Houses - Harewood Park I, Herefordshire

This is set to be a substantial building, I wonder who it might be for.

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences