The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Courtier

I agree completely. I think Camilla does it out of her devotion to Charles and the immediate family, not "The Firm" as a whole and the monarchy before person. Once she is not needed to support Charles, she will go quietly and come out when asked and expected. She knows what it is to be the most hated woman in England, and will not make waves to potentially put herself back in that position, and the family will support her for what she had done for Charles. Not to bring it up, or compare I am all for letting the deceased rest, I don't think Diana would have done that if she were at that point. Diana never had the same feelings from the people. She knew she had the people, and could make waves.

I am not looking at it from the William will care for his mother, I know that. It is just from a personalities standpoint.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Before a mod says it - this is a thread about Harry. If we want to discuss the future for Camilla, there are better places in the Forums.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Camilla will continue to promote the causes she cares about

Back on topic - If Camilla has Ray Mill and suite of rooms in London, I think that will suit her. But the shimmy of "house moves" really depends on whether Charles lives in BP and whether Harry marries. If H doesnt marry, then a suite of rooms in London (or Nottingham Cottage) plus use of a house on one of the royal estates may be enough.

IF he does marry, then I think KP (assuming a vacancy) in the longer term and purchase of an estate - similar to the situation with Princess Royal. I can see Charles doing that.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

I think Harry will end up with a suitable London base (probably KP), but it wouldnt surprise me if Harry's 2nd home is in Africa. a model not unlike Princess Margaret and her home on Mustique. He has plenty of family options in Uk; he could just have one of the towers in Windsor Castle to base during polo season; or Highgrove. It all depends on his marriage and their life. but I am expecting an African home eventually between either Harry (and/or William).

Whatever happened to Treetops that was give to QEII on her marriage?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Treetops was destroyed in the Mau Mau uprising in 1954 although a new hotel has been rebuilt.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Treetops was destroyed in the Mau Mau uprising in 1954 although a new hotel has been rebuilt.

Thank you. I had always wondered
Old 06-28-2016, 12:01 PM
Courtier

Where does Harry actually live? Is it in a cottage that W&K KP apartment overlooks? Anyone know how large Harry's home is?
Old 06-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Where does Harry actually live? Is it in a cottage that W&K KP apartment overlooks? Anyone know how large Harry's home is?
Harry's residence is Nottingham Cottage which is part of Kensington Palace. Its where William and Kate lived before moving into Princess Margaret's refurbished apartment 1-A. Kensington Palace also has other areas that are offices and some areas are open to the public. All KP's properties are part of the Crown Estates and are maintained through various different departments.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Nottingham Cottage (Nott Cott) is hardly a mansion. It's bigger than his former home which had been one bedroom servants' quarters, but has just two bedrooms, plus bathroom, I believe, and three rooms downstairs.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:18 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Harry's living at Nott Cott also allows him to frequently "pop" over to Apartment 1A and play with the kids, raid the refrigerator and all the things that close siblings do.

Another interesting tidbit thats been brought up recently in the Kensington Palace thread is that Diana's former apartments are now being used by William, Kate and Harry as offices. Kate recently did her stint as guest editor for the Huffington Post there during Mental Health Week.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

This article from 2011, when William and Kate moved into Nott Cott, shows the relative locales of Apartment 1A and the 'Cottage'. Not that near to each other.

William and Kate get 'starter home' in Kensington Palace grounds | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-28-2016, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Nottingham Cottage (Nott Cott) is hardly a mansion. It's bigger than his former home which had been one bedroom servants' quarters, but has just two bedrooms, plus bathroom, I believe, and three rooms downstairs.
It's fine as a bachelor home, but I believe that should he marry that he'll move into a larger home.
Apparently it also has fairly low ceilings that William kept bumping up against. Harry is just a little shorter than his brother so he might have issues with it as well.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

In a more recent interview I remember Harry saying he sees George out in the yard/garden playing with toys etc....and IIRC pops over to W&K's quite a bit when they are in London.

LaRae
Old 06-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
This article from 2011, when William and Kate moved into Nott Cott, shows the relative locales of Apartment 1A and the 'Cottage'. Not that near to each other.

William and Kate get 'starter home' in Kensington Palace grounds | Daily Mail Online
but about 3-4 times the length of 1A, so not that far either.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think that Prince Harry would purchase property in Scotland?
Old 06-28-2016, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Future Home for Prince Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think that Prince Harry would purchase property in Scotland?

No need for him to- the royal family already has plenty of property there

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-29-2016, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure that striding through the heather in a kilt is Harry's (or William's) idea of fun as an adult, actually. Apart from his love of Africa Harry seems to like skiing holidays, and also, like his mother and Yorkie cousins, vacations in some sun-soaked and private destinations.

I do think Harry likes Sandringham, because he does go there with friends to shoot. Balmoral is a magnificent estate but I agree with HRHHermione, I can't see Harry wanting a house of his own over the border. There's always room at the inn at Birkhall if the castle's closed up.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
In a more recent interview I remember Harry saying he sees George out in the yard/garden playing with toys etc....and IIRC pops over to W&K's quite a bit when they are in London.

LaRae
May I ask a dumb question? I keep seeing "IIRC" as an abbreviation. What does it mean?
Old 06-29-2016, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
May I ask a dumb question? I keep seeing "IIRC" as an abbreviation. What does it mean?
If I Remember Correctly.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If I Remember Correctly.
Thanks. I didn’t know that either..

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences