Frogmore House, Windsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This really is such a beautiful house!
Thank you for posting your pics sirhon!
I'm SO wanting to see a floor plan!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
With the reactions of some I wonder what the reactions would be if William or Harry made Frogmore a weekend home; and how much would it take to renovate the house.

I am just wondering why the BRF didn't make it a royal residence,they did keep balmoral though a residence of Queen Victoria?

Probably because it is very close to Windsor Castle and they have enough space at Windsor for the royal family who don't spend all that much time there now. Frogmore just isn't needed but it can bring in some money to help maintain the other royal buildings.

If Frogmore becomes a royal residence again, would the public sections still be open to the public once or twice a year as it is now? Or will it be too much of a security issue?

Well other royal residences are open to the public at various times of the year so I am sure security could be managed, unless it became a fulltime permanent residence like Royal Lodge or Bagshot.

I think that would depend on whose residence it was and if it was their primary residence. Given the close proximity to Windsor Castle proper, I cant imagine it being anyone but a family member. It really isnt that big (as far as royal residences go).

I know there was talk at one point if for some reason the queen pre-deceased the DOE, then he may move there. but I think that was just speculation. I dont really see a need for it to be in use at this time, other than what it is - a meeting place and some entertanining and some tours at various times of the year.

I think all of the major family members have towers in Windsor Castle for their own family time and William and Harry would in due time as well. And Andrew lives in Royal Lodge on the same propert, so the York Princesses are taken care of. Anne has taken care of her kids, Windsor is only 30 min away from London. unless it is cousin of the queen or something.

I agree. I could see it being used as a country residence. But as I said earlier the refurbishment could be costly unless if its already been updated.

Frogmore is definitely on my list of places to visit when I go to England.

Its a shame that Frogmore House is rarely used as its a very beautiful building with alluring gardens,would love to visit!

This would be an excellent weekend home for Harry and Meghan.

:previous: All that beauty and romance for a weekend? Nah, Nott Cott for the weekends . . .

The more I read and learn about Frogmore, the more I'm inclined to think that this is a possible future home for Harry and Meghan. It almost seems as if it has been just sitting there waiting for the right royal couple to take up residence there again.

I would too, especially because of the engagement photos

Last edited:
The Royal Mausoleum at Frogmore House are undergoing a Restoration:

Last edited:
The more I read and learn about Frogmore, the more I'm inclined to think that this is a possible future home for Harry and Meghan. It almost seems as if it has been just sitting there waiting for the right royal couple to take up residence there again.

The difficulty with Frogmore House is renovation to make it livable can be quite expensive due to the building status.

Considering Frogmore is a relatively important royal residence (or was) I would find it rather strange if they reserved it for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex while neither the prince of Wales nor the duke of Cambridge has such an important historical house at their disposal. But of course, the same can be said about Royal Lodge, which is now inhabited by the duke of York.

The Romanesque Frogmore Mausoleum is stunning but not your typical English looking chapel .

Frogmore House is basically a museum to Queen Mary's cliptomania. It has many wonderful things in it.

I wasn't all that impressed when I went in. The grounds though. Phenomenal. I wonder how they held Harry's wedding reception in there? I cant see it in the house where the rooms are small, they must have erected a marquee in the grounds.

Last edited:
Wasn't Peter Phillips wedding reception also held there?

Back
Top Bottom