Cambridge Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to the thread to discuss current and potential homes for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Please discuss the possiblities of a future home for William and Catherine. If you would like to know what is available for their use, please check out the following

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Warren, Wbenson & Zonk
British Forums moderators

:royalstandard:

Last edited by a moderator:
Current
- Bagshot Park
- Balmoral Castle (Scotland)
- Barnwell
- Birkhall (Balmoral Estate)
- Buckingham Palace
- Clarence House
- Edinburgh Castle (Scotland)
- Gatcombe Park
- Highgrove
- Hillsborough Castle (Northern Ireland)
- Holyroodhouse(Scotland)
- Kensington Palace
- Llwynywermod (Wales)
- Royal Lodge (Windsor)
- Sandringham House
- St. James's Palace
- Thatched House Lodge
- Windsor Castle

Historical
- Palace of Beaulieu
- Beaumont Palace
- Bridewell Palace
- Brantridge Park
- Caernarvon Castle (Wales)
- Carlton House
- Coppins
- Coombe Abbey
- Cumberland Lodge (Windsor)
- Dunfermline Palace (Scotland)
- Eltham Palace
- Falkland Palace (Scotland)
- Fort Belvedere (Windsor)
- Hampton Court Palace
- Hatfield House
- Hever Castle
- Kew Palace
- Kings Langley
- Leeds Castle
- Linlithgow Palace (Scotland)
- Marlborough House
- Castle of Mey (Scotland)
- Nonsuch Palace
- Oatlands Palace
- Osborne House (Isle of Wight)
- Palace of Placentia (Greenwich)
- Queen's House (Greenwich)
- Ribsden Holt
- Richmond Palace
- Royal Pavilion (Brighton)
- Savoy Palace
- Stirling castle (Scotland)
- Sunninghill Park
- Tower of London
- Palace of Westminster
- Palace of Whitehall
- White Lodge (Richmond)
- Woodstock Palace
- York Cottage (Sandringham)

Other
- Royal Mausoleum (Frogmore, Windsor)
- St George's Chapel (Windsor)
- Westminster Abbey

Commonwealth

Australia
- Yarralumla, Canberra (Governor-General)
- Admiralty House, Sydney (Governor-General)
- Government House, Sydney
- Government House, Melbourne
- Government House, Brisbane
- Government House, Adelaide
- Government House, Perth
- Government House, Hobart

Canada
- Rideau Hall, Ottawa (Governor-General)
- Government House, St John’s, Newfoundland (for Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Government House, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Government House, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- Government House, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Government House, Quebec City, Quebec
- Government House, Toronto, Ontario
- Government House, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Government House, Calgary, Alberta
- Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Government House, Victoria, British Columbia
- Commissioner's Residence, Whitehorse, Yukon
- Commissioner's Residence, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
- Commissioner's Residence, Iqaluit, Nunavut

New Zealand
- Government House, Wellington
- Government House, Auckland

Last edited:
Future Home for Prince William & Catherine Middleton

Query where William and Kate will make their permanent home, outside of the rented property in Wales.

My sense is they will initially continue to use the flat at CH (if it is large enough) when they are in London, and in time, may take over the property in Herefordshire that the Duchy in Cornwall was developing.

I've read they will be living in North Wales. I don't know if it's true. I don't follow William's events too much, does he have a property there?

^ Not bad. How long will they be living there?

Since he's still finishing up his stint in the RAF, they'll be in North Wales. After that, would they have apartments at Buckingham Palace? It's a big enough place, I'm sure they'd find some room. LOL

Hi,

About a permanent home for them:-

Isn't there a house called White Lodge near Windsor?
And, what about Frogmore House?

Larry

Isn't there a house called White Lodge near Windsor?
And, what about Frogmore House?

White Lodge is currently home to a ballet school and the White Lodge Museum and Ballet Resource Center. The home was last used as a private residence in 1954.

Frogmore House seems to operate as a private museum that is occasionally used for official receptions. There was some brief discussion of turning it into a residence for the Duke and Duchess of York around the time of their marriage, but they ultimately moved into Sunninghill Park.

I'm sure they might want to purchase a "new" property. The Queen Mother purchased and restored the Castle of Mey after the death of her husband and the Prince of Wales purchased Llwynywermod as a vacation residence in 2007.

I think it would be more realistic for the couple to use Clarence House of St James's Palace as an official residence. Aren't they going to live in Wales while he is pilot?

I think it would be more realistic for the couple to use Clarence House of St James's Palace as an official residence. Aren't they going to live in Wales while he is pilot?

Clarence House is Charles' home. I really don't see William still living with his father and step-mother when married.

Even if he is living in Wales for the next two or three years he will need a London home as well.

Clarence House is Charles' home. I really don't see William still living with his father and step-mother when married.

Even if he is living in Wales for the next two or three years he will need a London home as well.

Maybe at Kensington Palace?:D

I know I really don't get it, they shoulda just used the words "could move" instead of "to move" but then again this is the press we're talking about here.

I'd say St. James or Kensington, or Frogmore.

Weren't Fergie and Andrew orginally planning to move to Frogmore after the wedding? Maybe some apartments are move in ready for Wills and kate.

Frogmore would be wonderful, but I think a little too big. They'll probably end up at Kensington or St. James. Although, I would think St. James would be a nice fit for them. Kensington might have too many "Diana" memories. But who knows, we'll have to wait and see. I think it's going to be nice for them to be a "normal" married couple while William finishes his RAF duty. Kind of like the Queen and Prince Phillip has some time alone when they first got married.

The problem with Frogmore is that it is at Windsor so they would still need a London base. Andrew, Anne and Edward all have apartments at BP and Beatrice at St James, as there other homes are out of London.

Also, Frogmore is mainly used for receptions these days and might need some conversion to make it a private residence, if I am correct.

It also seems to me that Kensington Palace is slowly moving away from residence to historical palace. My guess at this point is that they would move into apartments at St. James Palace, which is an older building but still conveniently located and has space available.

I suspect KP is a contender, though query whether an apartment at BP can be found for W&C

Buckingham Palace and Id love Hapton Court

St James' seems a likely place.
Hampton Court is interesting, it hasn't been inhabited by royals since the 18th Century.

Back
Top Bottom