The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > British Royal Residences

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
i was just wondering if it is a small abode or a major mansion? i was curious.
Definitely wouldn't be a mansion. The house that People pictured was a modest two-story white house with quite a bit of yard around it if my memory serves me. Even if they were showing something just to show something I'd venture to guess Wills and Kate are living in something similar.

(Edited for all my spelling mistakes hahaha)

Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
i was just wondering if it is a small abode or a major mansion? i was curious.
I read somewhere (though can't remember where, but probably in one of the articles posted on here) that William and Catherine's house was a five-room cottage (or something along those lines).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I read somewhere (though can't remember where, but probably in one of the articles posted on here) that William and Catherine's house was a five-room cottage (or something along those lines).
Yep, I read the same thing. Five rooms....not bedrooms, so it's pretty small.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I saw soemwhere a photo too, but look like a boig house, if Ifound it i will poste it!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Nobility

Don't know whether photos of their current house should be published, but I have seen such photos in the past. It's very ordinary.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Majesty

If it truly is only 5 rooms (I assume 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 laundry, 1 kitchen and 1 living room - I would therefore assume that the WC is in the bathroom) it is very tiny and certainly wouldn't be the home that have been shown in photos allegedly of the farmhouse - which is two storeys and is clearly larger than 5 rooms).

That size would mean no visitors could stay over for very long or they couldn't really entertain more than a couple of people at a time.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Aristocracy

LOL I was bored last night and did a search on houses in the town and it was very cute houses and some were very modern. Lots had a ton of land well not a ton buy 6-9 acres around them. I did see on 20/20 here that the house is 1500 sq feet the realtor said and he pointed to a area and said it is somewhere over there pointing to a area LOL no help! But they said the town people are very private and they keep the secret. I am sure the neighbors don't want the worlds press out front daily so no one is telling.
I also think they said it was 3-4 bedrooms well the realtor and who knows what he knows LOL. But it is 5 hours from her parents house by car so I would bet she has a extra bedroom for family or friends to stay over because I am sure it is lonely when William is gone.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Does anyone have a picture of the house that the Duke and Duchess are living in?
i recently listened to something on cbc about william and catherine's home in angelsey. a cbc journalist went there hoping to find the house and not one of the locals would disclose where it was. the journalist took a chance on some information that she got prior to going to the island and drove down a road but only got so far. i'm so glad that they're able to have this privacy and live a normal life for the time being.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i recently listened to something on cbc about william and catherine's home in angelsey. a cbc journalist went there hoping to find the house and not one of the locals would disclose where it was. the journalist took a chance on some information that she got prior to going to the island and drove down a road but only got so far. i'm so glad that they're able to have this privacy and live a normal life for the time being.
Exactly, I'm glad about them having this amount of privacy too. Just leave them be, it's not like they will be this far off the radar forever.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Exactly, I'm glad about them having this amount of privacy too. Just leave them be, it's not like they will be this far off the radar forever.
I agree. The fact that they are off the radar for most of the time at the moment and we will not be constantly bombarded with news about them will make the occassional events/engagements they attend more exciting and kind of worth the wait.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

So glad that no one knows for sure where they live, it adds a bit is mystery, not to mention privacy for them. I applaud that they are staying in Angelsey and living a "normal" married life, this says so much about their character. Much like the Queen & Duke of Edinburgh when they were first married. Wonderful decision on their part.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a 1,500 sq. ft. dwelling and I've had 30 people over at one time. Not for overnight, but 30 people nonetheless.

If it is 3-4 bedrooms, it has to be more than 1,500 sq. ft. (457 sq.m.).
Old 05-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I have a 1,500 sq. ft. dwelling and I've had 30 people over at one time. Not for overnight, but 30 people nonetheless.

If it is 3-4 bedrooms, it has to be more than 1,500 sq. ft. (457 sq.m.).
1,500 sq ft is actually closer to 140 sq m. You often find 1,500 sq ft homes in the UK with 3-4 bedrooms.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Those converters are unreliable. I lived in a 2 up, 2 down terraced long, long ago and it was larger than my current home. I'm sure what they have is suitable for them, as they like it.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Nobility

Prince William and Kate to move into Diana's former home - Telegraph

Kate and William are temporarily moving into a small apartment at Kensington Palace while they look for something more suitable.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post

Kate and William are temporarily moving into a small apartment at Kensington Palace while they look for something more suitable.

according to that article it looks as though there is little to be had in the area. Somehow that strikes me as weird. You'd think there would be more room for everyone. I guess there are a lot of royals ... or the space is being used up for museums.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
according to that article it looks as though there is little to be had in the area. Somehow that strikes me as weird. You'd think there would be more room for everyone. I guess there are a lot of royals ... or the space is being used up for museums.
It strikes me as weird as well. But I guess they will have to keep searching. I wonder if this "small" apartment is small by us regular folks' standards.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post

Won't they get Clarence House once Charles succeeds to the throne?
I thought that is always the London residence for the heir.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Won't they get Clarence House once Charles succeeds to the throne?
I thought that is always the London residence for the heir.
Queen Mum lived in Clarence House - Charles moved in after her death.

QEII could well live another 10 or 15 Years .. till then the Cambridges will hopefully have lots of children.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Queen Mum lived in Clarence House - Charles moved in after her death.

QEII could well live another 10 or 15 Years .. till then the Cambridges will hopefully have lots of children.
From the article I assume they will be there until a baby come, then they would fell the need for another place. I wonder when will that be.....

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.