Cambridge Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Cambridge's may have spent time at Llwynywermod but I've never heard that they have. Maybe they could rent the holiday let part?!

The Cambridge's may have spent time at Llwynywermod but I've never heard that they have. Maybe they could rent the holiday let part?!

Any visits in private time are unlikely to be reported.

When Charles is king I think it is unlikely the Cambridges will want/need as many residences as Charles has now. Whereas Charles and Camilla are an older couple who travel around the country a lot, the Cambridges will have a young family in tow for many years to come.

When Charles is king I think it is unlikely the Cambridges will want/need as many residences as Charles has now. Whereas Charles and Camilla are an older couple who travel around the country a lot, the Cambridges will have a young family in tow for many years to come.

They may not need as many residences as Charles has, however they’ll acquire some of Charles’ properties as they’re owned by the Duchy, and William will be the new Duke of Cornwall.

Highgrove, Llwynywermod, and Tamarisk are owned by the Duchy. Charles will no longer need Birkhall (which he privately owns), as he’ll have Balmoral, so the Cambridges may also gain use of it when they’re in Scotland (like how they use Anmer House when at Sandringham).

Charles and Camilla have four residences - CH, Highgrove, the one in Wales and Birkhall. William already has three - Anmer, KP and the one on the Balmoral estate. If he is created Prince of Wales then he should also have somewhere there - whether he simply shares the home with Charles and Camilla - not at the same time of course - but more like a time share or buys somewhere else he will surely still need four as Prince of Wales and as King.

When he is heir to the throne William and Kate will have to do a lot more travelling than they do now - even more than Charles does - as Charles will be the 'old man' and William will be the one expected to do the 600+ engagements a year and represent the monarch overseas a lot more.

Harry won't need as much as he will never be needed for more that 400 or so engagements a year - like Andrew and Edward now - but William will have to increase until he is in his late 70s or 80s when he will be able to slow down as George and George's spouse take over.

With a bit of luck William won't be King for another 30 or so years and Charles will, like his grandmother and probably both his parents reach 100+ and Britain will have a series of kings coming to the throne in their 70s and 80s.

Charles and Camilla have four residences - CH, Highgrove, the one in Wales and Birkhall. William already has three - Anmer, KP and the one on the Balmoral estate. If he is created Prince of Wales then he should also have somewhere there - whether he simply shares the home with Charles and Camilla - not at the same time of course - but more like a time share or buys somewhere else he will surely still need four as Prince of Wales and as King.

When he is heir to the throne William and Kate will have to do a lot more travelling than they do now - even more than Charles does - as Charles will be the 'old man' and William will be the one expected to do the 600+ engagements a year and represent the monarch overseas a lot more.

Harry won't need as much as he will never be needed for more that 400 or so engagements a year - like Andrew and Edward now - but William will have to increase until he is in his late 70s or 80s when he will be able to slow down as George and George's spouse take over.

With a bit of luck William won't be King for another 30 or so years and Charles will, like his grandmother and probably both his parents reach 100+ and Britain will have a series of kings coming to the throne in their 70s and 80s.

Charles and Camilla have five:

1. Clarence house
2. birkhall
3 Highgrove
4. Llynwermod which is in wales
5. Tamarisk on the isle of Scilly

The Cambridges have 2

1. KP
2. Anmer

They don't have a property at Balmoral. Only the queen (the castle, Craigowan) and Charles (Birkhall). It seems they stay at Birkhall when they visit.

They are likely to use Charles' home in Wales, and likely Birkhall or Craigowan, when in Scotland when Charles is king.

Number of homes had little to do with number of engagements and need. Anne is one of the hardest working royals, and she has an apartment and Gatcombe.

Charles and Camilla have five:

1. Clarence house

2. birkhall

3 Highgrove

4. Llynwermod which is in wales

5. Tamarisk on the isle of Scilly

The Cambridges have 2

1. KP

2. Anmer

They don't have a property at Balmoral. Only the queen (the castle, Craigowan) and Charles (Birkhall). It seems they stay at Birkhall when they visit.

They are likely to use Charles' home in Wales, and likely Birkhall or Craigowan, when in Scotland when Charles is king.

Number of homes had little to do with number of engagements and need. Anne is one of the hardest working royals, and she has an apartment and Gatcombe.

William was "given" Tam-na-Ghar, a 3bdrm cottage on the Balmoral Estate when he was at St Andrews. I don't know if the Cambridges still use it.

William was "given" Tam-na-Ghar, a 3bdrm cottage on the Balmoral Estate when he was at St Andrews. I don't know if the Cambridges still use it.

Tam-na-ghar was a weekend retreat when they were in college and after. But it hasn't been used in years. They stay with Charles at Birkhall when they are in Scotland.

I remember reading, in a few places, where he was given the use of a cottage on the Balmoral estate while he was at St. Andrew's but I took to mean just that. Given the use of rather than totally given the cottage.

I actually did some scouting around as I wasn't exactly sure who owned Birkhall and most places list it as being part of the Balmoral estate. I did, however, come across an interesting article from 2008 that presents a totally different situation and how things could change once Charles becomes king. Its the Sunday Express so I wouldn't put too much stock in the story and I've not heard anything about it since then but its worth considering how things may change with a new reign. Charles does definitely have a love affair going on with Birkhall though. :D

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/64624/Charles-to-give-Balmoral-to-Scottish-nation

How often do the Cambridges visit Anmer now they are based in London?

I was reading Sally Bedell Smith's book about Prince Charles and thought this line about Will and Kate's home, Anmer Hall, was cute (from page 479)...

Among the features at Anmer designed by Morris was a "garden room" extension of the kitchen, providing a spacious gathering place where the family often congregated. After her first visit to the house, the Queen remarked, "It's extraordinary that they all live in the kitchen - only one room!"

I was reading Sally Bedell Smith's book about Prince Charles and thought this line about Will and Kate's home, Anmer Hall, was cute (from page 479)...

Among the features at Anmer designed by Morris was a "garden room" extension of the kitchen, providing a spacious gathering place where the family often congregated. After her first visit to the house, the Queen remarked, "It's extraordinary that they all live in the kitchen - only one room!"

Thats cute!

The kitchen is the "heart" of the family. Gathering for meals (with Lupo probably under the table hoping for scraps), doing homework, etc.

When 1A was renovated for the Cambridges, it included 2 kitchens. One state of the art kitchen that could handle a crew that prepares large meals for dinner parties or formal dinners and then a "family" kitchen that would just be used by the Cambridges as the "heart" of the home.

The kitchen is the "heart" of the family. Gathering for meals (with Lupo probably under the table hoping for scraps), doing homework, etc.

When 1A was renovated for the Cambridges, it included 2 kitchens. One state of the art kitchen that could handle a crew that prepares large meals for dinner parties or formal dinners and then a "family" kitchen that would just be used by the Cambridges as the "heart" of the home.

Doesn't it also have 57 rooms?

To be honest, I don't really trust old media articles (including the one I just posted) all that much as they tend to exaggerate or get the facts wrong a lot of the time. If there's a number like 57 rooms, it wouldn't necessarily mean they're all for the Cambridges themselves. If there's 9 rooms on the top floor for staff and each room has a bathroom, that's 18 rooms right there. ;)

My best suggestion is to read through the entire thread here on any specific residence to get a well balanced idea. ?

To be honest, I don't really trust old media articles (including the one I just posted) all that much as they tend to exaggerate or get the facts wrong a lot of the time. If there's a number like 57 rooms, it wouldn't necessarily mean they're all for the Cambridges themselves. If there's 9 rooms on the top floor for staff and each room has a bathroom, that's 18 rooms right there. ;)

My best suggestion is to read through the entire thread here on any specific residence to get a well balanced idea. ?

Actually Lord Snowdon wrote about the rooms. It would make sense for it to have 57 rooms since you would have to take account of the basements the servants rooms ect...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/yo...s-Cambridges-apartment-Kensington-Palace.html

Tam-Na-Ghar: this is the secret refuge in Scotland of the Dukes of Cambridge

Prince William received this country house, situated on the grounds of Balmoral Castle, as a gift from the Queen Mother shortly before her death in 2002.

https://c3.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B21185d5d/22138915_M3294.jpeg

https://c6.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Ba017b7ee/22138916_Zc01M.jpeg

https://celebritycovernews.com/life...n-have-a-gorgeous-secret-cottage-in-scotland/

William's use of Tam-na-Ghar was well known when he was at St Andrews. I am not sure if the Cambridge family still use it, or if they stay at the main Balmoral castle when they visit HM.

Do we know more about this house?

Do we know more about this house?

There is not much in the public domain. It is one of many buildings on the Balmoral estate, some of which are let out to the paying public as holiday lets from time to time.

At the time William and Catherine were at St Andrews, there were reports about a "double bath" being installed, but I suspect that was just tabloid speculation.

I could only find one Hello-article, nothing else either.

Would anyone be against the Cambridges taking on Frogmore Cottage as a third residence? The family are extremely busy and would probably ensure all 3 homes write well used.

As Kensington Palace isn't that far from Windsor (35 kilometers/22 miles) it would be totally unnecessary for the Cambridges to also have Frogmore Cottage.

I believe that residence will stay with Eugenie and Jack for as long as they want it.

As Kensington Palace isn't that far from Windsor (35 kilometers/22 miles) it would be totally unnecessary for the Cambridges to also have Frogmore Cottage.

I believe that residence will stay with Eugenie and Jack for as long as they want it.

If the Cambridges want to live in Windsor, why couldn't they live in the castle itself?

(Personally I don't think Frogmore Cottage is very attractive.)

Frogmore C has (reputedly) only five bedrooms while the Cambridges have three children. Just one guest bedroom wouldn’t be enough. Also there is no annexe for the RPOs. It’s altogether too small and poky. And no, it’s not attractive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom