Wales Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charles could lease Highgrove to Harry before the Queen dies as one of his last duties as Duke of Cornwall.

Cambridge Residences: Kensington Palace & Anmer Hall

As King, Charles is in control of more houses that he is as Duke of Cornwall. He doesn't need to lease Highgrove to Harry as the Queen lies on her deathbed. There are plenty of houses in Windsor Great Park, Sandringham and Balmoral for Harry to use as a country home. Plus Harry isn't going to have the income that William would as Duke of Cornwall. He is probably going to have to be supplemented by Charles like Andrew, Anne and Edward are for their royal expenses now by the Queen.

While Harry doesn't own any property, neither does Charles or William.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
As King, Charles is in control of more houses that he is as Duke of Cornwall. He doesn't need to lease Highgrove to Harry as the Queen lies on her deathbed. There are plenty of houses in Windsor Great Park, Sandringham and Balmoral for Harry to use as a country home. Plus Harry isn't going to have the income that William would as Duke of Cornwall. He is probably going to have to be supplemented by Charles like Andrew, Anne and Edward are for their royal expenses now by the Queen.

While Harry doesn't own any property, neither does Charles or William.

In all fairness, Harry is starting out with a much bigger financial advantage than Andrew, Anne or Edward... he inherited 10 million pounds from his mother, and from what I recall, about 7 million pounds from the Queen Mother.

He won't be as financially dependent on Charles as Andrew was on the Queen.

I don't believe that Harry will inherit Highgrove unless he wants to put a million or so aside each year for the maintenance of the gardens alone. Charles has a staff of full-time gardeners there full-time. I don't feel that William will prefer it over Sandringham/Anmer either. Highgrove may well, after Charles' death go back to the Duchy.

Charles seems to be happy and comfortable at Clarence House. Buckingham Palace could end up (much as it is now) being used for banquets, receptions, State occasions etc while King Charles and Camilla remain ensconsed at Clarence House.

That means that William and Kate may eventually leave KP for Clarence House themselves. I cannot see William and Kate living as sovereign and Consort in Buckingham Palace. It will be a place for formal occasions only, like the Spanish Royals use their Madrid Palace now.

Incidentally, I noted, in a Royals Wealth List this year that Andrew is worth about 83 million dollars, Edward slightly less than half of that. Harry will probabably receive, after his marriage, an apartment at KP and a moderately roomy house on the Sandringham estates near his brother, both renovated to requirements. Harry seems to like skiing holidays and holidays in the sun and in Africa, so I think he would be quite content with that, and the brothers would be near to each other.

I would personally totally oppose Buckingham Palace becoming just an office where occasionally banquets are held. It holds such an important place in the psyche of the nation, IMO the monarch has to live there.

Charles seems to be happy and comfortable at Clarence House. Buckingham Palace could end up (much as it is now) being used for banquets, receptions, State occasions etc while King Charles and Camilla remain ensconsed at Clarence House.

That means that William and Kate may eventually leave KP for Clarence House themselves. I cannot see William and Kate living as sovereign and Consort in Buckingham Palace. It will be a place for formal occasions only, like the Spanish Royals use their Madrid Palace now.

I would personally totally oppose Buckingham Palace becoming just an office where occasionally banquets are held. It holds such an important place in the psyche of the nation, IMO the monarch has to live there.

I understand the Queen and Prince Philip also wanted to stay on at CG after she ascended the throne. The Government of the day advised HM that the monarch was to live and work from BP, and the matter ended there.

I don't think Charles' views on the matter are in the public domain. Personally, I would like to see BP remain a "working Palace" rather than just a place of work.

I understand the Queen and Prince Philip also wanted to stay on at CG after she ascended the throne. The Government of the day advised HM that the monarch was to live and work from BP, and the matter ended there.

I don't think Charles' views on the matter are in the public domain. Personally, I would like to see BP remain a "working Palace" rather than just a place of work.
Agree. BP generates most of incomes as "working Palace". People want to see place where a monarch lives, not where he/she works.

I don't believe that Harry will inherit Highgrove unless he wants to put a million or so aside each year for the maintenance of the gardens alone. Charles has a staff of full-time gardeners there full-time. I don't feel that William will prefer it over Sandringham/Anmer either. Highgrove may well, after Charles' death go back to the Duchy.

Incidentally, I noted, in a Royals Wealth List this year that Andrew is worth about 83 million dollars, Edward slightly less than half of that. Harry will probabably receive, after his marriage, an apartment at KP and a moderately roomy house on the Sandringham estates near his brother, both renovated to requirements. Harry seems to like skiing holidays and holidays in the sun and in Africa, so I think he would be quite content with that, and the brothers would be near to each other.

Harry can't inherit Highgrove because Charles can't give it to him because he doesn't own it personally. It will go from Duke to Cornwall to Duke of Cornwall to Duke of Cornwall. We have 2 future Dukes already in place with William and George. A previous poster was talking about Charles leasing it to Harry which is not something I think he would.

Harry can't inherit Highgrove because Charles can't give it to him because he doesn't own it personally. It will go from Duke to Cornwall to Duke of Cornwall to Duke of Cornwall. We have 2 future Dukes already in place with William and George. A previous poster was talking about Charles leasing it to Harry which is not something I think he would.

I agree with you. Also, as has quite rightly been pointed out, Highgrove is probably a very expensive property to maintain. I suspect Harry will be provided with a smaller and more manageable property to live in.

Harry, at best, could be given a property on the Crown Estate, unless he wishes to buy something for himself. He is only the second son, like Andrew, and all Andrew has been given is a long-term lease on a house on the Crown Estate and a small apartment in BP. Harry should expect nothing different than has been given to the second sons in the past.

Harry, at best, could be given a property on the Crown Estate, unless he wishes to buy something for himself. He is only the second son, like Andrew, and all Andrew has been given is a long-term lease on a house on the Crown Estate and a small apartment in BP. Harry should expect nothing different than has been given to the second sons in the past.

I agree with you, it will be something similar to what the other children of the Queen received.

Although it has been some time back, Charles was to have said that he wanted to move the Court to Windsor. Anyone else remember that???

I found the BBC article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/379301.stm

That article reports that there are reports that there are no definite plans for him to move. The rest is rather speculative.
And we are also far off Cambridge residences as a topic.

I didn't say Charles WAS moving the Court to Windsor...merely reported an article that alluded that he might. Sheesh.

To bring it back to topic. William will live somewhere after he is king and currently is living somewhere.

Judging by the exterior brickwork, this is the first glimpse we have of the interiors of the Cambridge apartment at Kensington Palace..

On balance i'm pleasantly surprised, and particularly like the architectural model of the Horseguards building !

.youtube.com/watch?v=0nhnITCa6Qs&feature=youtu.be

Beige walls? the decoration was rumoured to be of a stronger color!

It is only the corner of one room we see.. Marty91charmed !

The Horse Guards Parade desk was designed by Linley's.

The antique furniture is,interestingly, William iv...

Of the little we can see, the interiors look great - relatively few, quality pieces.

I think the video might have been shot through a light/colour filter as the tones are all similar. Nonetheless, the room (as well as William) looks elegant, bright and airy and I must say you can never go wrong with that!

Beige walls? the decoration was rumoured to be of a stronger color!

I haven't heard this rumor. Last year she was spotted buying beige drapes. So I just presumed that was the direction she was going in.

And it would be hard to go stronger than Margaret's turquoise.

But can we be sure this is the interior of their apartments? Has it been confirmed?

Anyway, nice interiors.

Back
Top Bottom