The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > British Royal Residences

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Serene Highness

I find the express article's line about modern art an antique furniture funny. I would think it would be the other way around- modern furniture and antique art. You have Lupo and George with possible siblings running around, you are not going to have George IV's vase or queen Victoria's chair in your family room.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Courtier

The reception rooms that will be used for royal functions is where the antiques should be used.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I find the express article's line about modern art an antique furniture funny. I would think it would be the other way around- modern furniture and antique art. You have Lupo and George with possible siblings running around, you are not going to have George IV's vase or queen Victoria's chair in your family room.

I remember Prince Andrew saying that he and Edward would play football in the corridors with the antiques and nothing was ever broken so it can be done.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From the Express

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to move into Kensington Palace in a matter of days | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 10-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge plan to build a conservatory on their Anmer Hall home-
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge plan to build a conservatory on their Anmer Hall home | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

More on the same theme....

Kate Middleton and Prince William set to join Middle Britain by building a conservatory at Sandringham home | Mail Online
Old 10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Majesty

Video:
Welcome home! Will and Kate move into posh digs-
Welcome home! Will and Kate move into posh digs - Video on TODAY.com

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a little eauwwwww, but then I am sharing the link.
Prince William and Kate Middleton: Royal couple buy new matrimonial bed that contains 4,200 springs - Mirror Online

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
At least he didnt blab the price

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Majesty

Prince William and Kate move into palace flat-
PRINCE William and new mother Kate have moved with baby Prince George into their new London home...a 21-room residence at Kensington Palace-
Prince William and Kate move into palace flat | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From the Daily Express

William and Kate
Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Courtier

I hope that we'll get a glimpse of the interior of their appartment one day.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I hope that we'll get a glimpse of the interior of their appartment one day.
We may get some photos from occasions such as the gala dinner they're hosting but as far as their private living quarters, I think they'll be sacrosanct and totally kept away from public view. Same thing with Anmer Hall once they take up residence there.

In a world where every step they take can be beamed across the world instantly, they've got to have some modicum of privacy and I think their residences will provide that.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Commoner

I agree
Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

Methinks that at some point someone will come in during a large gathering with a hidden camera, snap a whole bunch of photos, and sell them.

Breach of privacy? Yes.

Is it inevitable? Yes, IMHO.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Methinks that at some point someone will come in during a large gathering with a hidden camera, snap a whole bunch of photos, and sell them.

Breach of privacy? Yes.

Is it inevitable? Yes, IMHO.
That would happen in the public rooms that will be seen anyway, ie the charity event towards the end of October. not their personal space.

Only exception I see is if authorised photos are taken as per when William was a baby.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Only exception I see is if authorised photos are taken as per when William was a baby.
I remember those sessions taken with William and Harry as kids and if I remember right, the backgrounds were not something you'd really notice. Playing on the lawn, at a piano, sitting on couch and such.

The only pictures I can remember seeing that really showed the apartments at KP are the ones of Diana's apartment which was redecorated right around the time of her accident. Paul Burrell took the photos after she died and before the apartment was cleaned out.

I think William would streak naked through Westminster Abbey before he would consent to having his home displayed publically ala Homes & Gardens.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

You know it will happen. There will always be someone taking pictures for profit so, I dont doubt we will be seeing the interior of the home. Sad but true.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
You know it will happen. There will always be someone taking pictures for profit so, I dont doubt we will be seeing the interior of the home. Sad but true.
From what I understand, the security at KP is pretty tight and to reach the royal resident area, I do believe one has to pass through a gate (?). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this. KP is a large area and the public areas are totally separate from the residential. If I'm not mistaken, the gala dinner the Cambridges are hosting are being held in the public area of KP.

Come to think of it, all this time they've been living at Nottingham, we've only caught a few shots of the exterior of the home and the area where a helicopter can land.

Now watch, I've gone and said something and tomorrow there'll be a 10 page spread on the newly decorated apartment 1A and the total plans for Amner Hall. Its been that kind of week for me.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

Any charity events, galas, receptions they hold at KP will be held in the state apartments there, not in their actual house. All of the private apartments at KP used by members of the royal family are fairly grand but the state apartments, just like those at Buckingham and St James' palaces are much more suited to hosting events for a lot of people. I think in the years to come we will see bits and peices from inside their homes but I think PW will keep this even more private than his prents did or even princess margaret did when she lived in that apartment.