The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > British Royal Residences

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I also think they will get a property closer to London maybe you are right about the property in Herthforshire.
The apartment that used to be Princess Margaret's in Kensington Palace is being renovated as we speak for Willis and kate's London base. Check out the posts in the homes thread. Harry will move into Nottingham Cottage which is also within Kensington Palace grounds and is now Wills and Kate's London residence. the big announcment that William, Kate and Harry are also moving their offices to KP makes one realize jut how extensive KP is.

Its so big that the boys are back to where they grew up but not actually living in the apartments that Charles and Diana had. and then later just Diana. I wonder if they'll take the kids and play army as they used to as wee ones.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi

The apartment that used to be Princess Margaret's in Kensington Palace is being renovated as we speak for Willis and kate's London base. Check out the posts in the homes thread. Harry will move into Nottingham Cottage which is also within Kensington Palace grounds and is now Wills and Kate's London residence. the big announcment that William, Kate and Harry are also moving their offices to KP makes one realize jut how extensive KP is.

Its so big that the boys are back to where they grew up but not actually living in the apartments that Charles and Diana had. and then later just Diana. I wonder if they'll take the kids and play army as they used to as wee ones.
I'll bet that when Harry gets married, he and his wife will also move into a permanent base at KP. Maybe Diana's old apartment.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course royal staff speak to journalists. Having a quick 'off the record' chat about what the royals are up to would be incredibly easy. That's why all the articles contain information from unnamed sources - they've promised anonymity to the individual who is 'in the know'. Journalists never reveal their sources, so there's very little chance of a staff member getting sacked for leaking info to the press, confidentiality agreement or no confidentiality agreement.

Anmer just doesn't seem to me to be a likely choice for William and Kate. It can apparently be seen from the public road, so unless they're going to construct a 10ft wall round the whole thing, I can't imagine this being a goer for them. I would've thought a Duchy of Cornwall property in the more traditional country escapes of wealthy Londoners (Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire) would be more likely.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Serene Highness

Extension for royal home? | Anglia - ITV News
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton's bathing area to be moved out of sight of prying eyes over topless pictures scandal | Mail Online

Plans for changes at Anmer Hall seem to include the relocation of the pool.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Courtier

Any ideas when KP will be finished with the renovating and the couple can move in. Surely some sort of time line may have been announced and perhaps I missed it.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

More news about Anmer Hall
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 'plant trees around new country estate for privacy' - Telegraph

RE KP - they are not due to move in until "mid-2013" according to previous reports.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Logistically Anmer Hall may allow William to stay in Search and Rescue
https://twitter.com/royal_beans/stat...39497350873089
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2
Logistically Anmer Hall may allow William to stay in Search and Rescue
https://twitter.com/royal_beans/stat...39497350873089
That's an interesting. It might be an ideal compromise, allowing William to stay in search and rescue but be closer to London so he can do more royal work as well. Plus it would allow Kate to do more engagements without being too far away from William.

It would make the Anmer Hall choice make sense.

I just hope they announce one way or the other soon.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought of this earlier, and also that Harry is based at Wattisham. So I did a RAC Route Planner from Anmer to Wattisham. Good news its only 62 miles. Bad news is that the RAC say is takes just under 2 hours travelling. This is obviously based on sticking to the speed limits. I know the area quite well and those roads are hairy as they are cross country and narrow.

But it is do-able.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Also, the more I look at Anmer hall, the more I love it. What a charming property.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I thought of this earlier, and also that Harry is based at Wattisham. So I did a RAC Route Planner from Anmer to Wattisham. Good news its only 62 miles. Bad news is that the RAC say is takes just under 2 hours travelling. This is obviously based on sticking to the speed limits. I know the area quite well and those roads are hairy as they are cross country and narrow.

But it is do-able.
I didn't realize Harry was at Wattisham. Wonder how the brothers would like being at the same station? I had originally thought Anmer was possible as it is only 30 minutes from RAF Marham. But they don't have a SAR unit. I suppose William could choose a desk job. It appears Marham only has fixed wing. Regardless, it does sound like William is trying to work out a life and family plan to do more, while still staying in military service. Good for him.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2

I didn't realize Harry was at Wattisham. Wonder how the brothers would like being at the same station? I had originally thought Anmer was possible as it is only 30 minutes from RAF Marham. But they don't have a SAR unit. I suppose William could choose a desk job. It appears Marham only has fixed wing. Regardless, it does sound like William is trying to work out a life and family plan to do more, while still staying in military service. Good for him.
As close as William and Harry are, I imagine they'd love to work near each other and spend more time together
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
William is seconded to the RAF SAR unit from the army. If he doesn't stay in the SAR then he goes back to his regiment which is based in London/Windsor.

I think that RAF Wattisham is key. He can either remain as SAR pilot or become a trainer (which has been mentioned previously). The house on the SAndringham estate will give them the privacy they want.

With the shift system and the fact he would be living 62 miles away, he may have to spend more time on the base (at present he is only minutes away) but it could still work.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

William is seconded to the RAF SAR unit from the army. If he doesn't stay in the SAR then he goes back to his regiment which is based in London/Windsor.

I think that RAF Wattisham is key. He can either remain as SAR pilot or become a trainer (which has been mentioned previously). The house on the SAndringham estate will give them the privacy they want.

With the shift system and the fact he would be living 62 miles away, he may have to spend more time on the base (at present he is only minutes away) but it could still work.
Thank you for the explanation on his service commitment. I too think it could work for him. Do you know how long this next commitment is? I had heard 3 yrs.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe its 3 years as well. The SAR is scheduled to be privatised in 2016, so this would be a key date for William. 3 years based in Norfolk and then full time royal from the age of 34. Sounds good.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Courtier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ome-plans.html

Looks like plans are moving forward on Anmer House being their country home
Old 03-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ome-plans.html

Looks like plans are moving forward on Anmer House being their country home
Where is that located? What would be the purpose of using it? Just a country retreat?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post

Where is that located? What would be the purpose of using it? Just a country retreat?
It's on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for them. Very nice to have a country estate.