Wales Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where did she write before?

Shes been on maternity leave but she headed up the royal team at the DM. Dont know if shes doing at nows she back.

She is the one who led the snob laiden charge at the Middletons prior to the wedding, particularly against Carole.

I don't like the direction of this story either; it's less about the "garish" color of the tiles than it is about targeting Kate for other reasons. While the body of the story mentions both the Duke and Duchess, it's Kate's name only in the headline which is pretty incendiary.

Last edited:
What neighbors? The ones who go to the neighboring church? Not to worry, the plan is to plant trees/shrubs so that the couple have more privacy so any 'neighbors' shouldn't be able to even see the place in a few years even if the offensive tiles don't fade.
The probability that Catherine was the one who actually chose the roof tiles, zero, IMO.

I don't like the direction of this story either; it's less about the "garish" color of the tiles than it is about targeting Kate for other reasons. While the body of the story mentions both the Duke and Duchess, it's Kate's name only in the headline which is pretty incendiary.
Agreed. The papers know that her name will catch the reader's eye and don't care that the article really isn't about a decision that she made on her own.

Frankly I wonder if the whole article is just smoke and no mirrors just to rile up the anti Kate (she is getting too big for her britches) brigade.

I mean, the house is on the Queen's estate which is about 20,000 acres right? So its not like its a planned subdivision or a regular neighborhood in any country in the world. So I would assume that no one who lives nearby actually OWNS their home but rather is LEASING their home from the Queen....are they really going to complain about the tiles to the press?

And wouldn't they know that any upgrades particularly in regards to the outside of the house would have to be approved by someone other than the tenant (i.e Kate)? And since they are familiar with country living (one would assume) that they know the color of the tiles will change as a result of the weather (i.e. rain, sun, etc.).

I don't know the whole thing seems to be much ado about nothing on behalf of the DM but even some of their readers are wondering why the entire blame is being put on Kate and not William and Kate.

Last edited:
Typical DM and associated press really, looks like they have found another bride of a Royal to pour their own particular brand of vitriol on.

Shame really they should save that for those in the House of Commons, who actually deserve to be derided and mocked.

What neighbors? The ones who go to the neighboring church? Not to worry, the plan is to plant trees/shrubs so that the couple have more privacy so any 'neighbors' shouldn't be able to even see the place in a few years even if the offensive tiles don't fade.
The probability that Catherine was the one who actually chose the roof tiles, zero, IMO.

I guess the neighbors won't be invited to tea if they dislike the house so much. :whistling:

Here's a link to an article w/ a bit more info. on the roofing tiles (called pantiles) @ Anmer
Anmer Hall renovations are defended after

Apparently moss will grow on them dulling their current color and the only way to get a different color would have been to use concrete tiles, which would not have been allowed on a historic building, thus much ado about nothing.

I can't believe that people would be upset over something so trivial. I quite like the roof and according to what is being said, the color will fade in time. Don't know what the big deal is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

I like the roof as well; much better than the concrete tiles. All reports are that these tiles will weather quickly, so no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist.

How often will the Cambridges stay at Anmer? Most weekends or just a few times a year?

Who knows?

Obviously at Christmas and it is weekend distance from London. I think that they would get the children out of London at weekends - they are not really city people.

The 'country' house isn't ready yet is it?

LaRae

The DM has a poison piece today about Anmer's rehab. I will summarize.
Landscaping - 500,000 ponds (apparently, the drive must be solid gold)
Roof done - cost 500,000 pounds
Garage conversion for protection officers to have a place to sleep - 250,000 pounds
Window replacement - rot in the old ones - 100,000 pounds (I think this is a steal - knowing what my friends with smaller, historic homes have paid).
Nanny suite, so she has a place to sleep - cost not stated
Solarium type addition which will be a dining room - 250,000 pounds
She is said to be starting to decorate. Move in in the Summer. They will spend week days in London and weekends at Anmer.
A few snide slams capped the article.

I already said they should sue the Daily Mail. Oh by the way the Daily Mail have hidden the fact the cost has been met privately at the bottom of article.

Last edited:
This is the Queen's estate and the Queen's money. that is it.

What is more concerning is how close they got with the pictures. No-fly zone is required

DM has no sense of responsibility regarding security.

This is the Queen's estate and the Queen's money. that is it.

What is more concerning is how close they got with the pictures. No-fly zone is required

DM has no sense of responsibility regarding security.

What amazes me is that people still subscribe to and believe what they write.

The thing is, if the DM aimed to stick to factual reporting such as covering the events in the court circular or making Harry's speech in Estonia first page news or give a few pages of coverage to the upcoming trips of quite a few of the BRF to Normandy, I'd give it 6 months before it went belly up.

Its not all the Daily Mail's fault but also the fault of the people that crave the stories they print.

Actually - what on earth is the Palace security doing allowing this? The DM can piblish this because they have been allowed this close.

Having thought about it - Palace security is lax on this.

How can royal residences have a no fly zone? Windsor Castle is under the flight path for Heathrow. With Google Earth, you can get pictures without flying over.

What a nasty piece from the Daily Fail. Note that they claim that it's 'Kate' splashing out, not William and Kate. Of course, it's females who are interested in this sort of thing, not men. It's women who spend lots of money on interior design, not men. It's 'WAGs' who overspend on their homes, not the long-suffering husbands who just go along with it to placate said 'WAGs'. Misogynistic rubbish. Articles like that make me so angry.

Anyone who claims that the BRF get an easy ride from the UK press, or that the papers pump out fawning propaganda to maintain the monarchy's popularity, need only look at articles like that one.

Rebecca English knew better than to write an article like that. It's meant to make Catherine look bad and make it seem like she have nothing better to do than spend money on a country house but then again, that's the British media for you.

I don't see anything that makes the place look ostentatious as the article tries to suggest. Apart from the garden room/dining room addition everything else was already in place on the property. The landscaping and driveway were redone with the purpose of providing more privacy. Roof and windows needed to be replaced. Outlying buildings are being re-purposed for the RPOs. Who knows what plumbing and electrical had to be upgraded?

If you look carefully at the 1st picture with the costs shown, you can see that all of these sums of money are estimated. There is an * against each one. And in the bottom right hand corner (underneath the "camera" link) it says "*estimated".

Rebecca English has obviously been attending the KN School of Fiction

Back
Top Bottom