The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > British Royal Residences

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Nobility

This was just put on the Yahoo news webpage....NZ time
Country mansion for William and Catherine
"Prince William and wife Catherine will receive a majestic country home as a gift from the Queen, British media reports.
The 30-year-old heir to the throne and his pregnant bride are in line to receive the heritage-listed Anmer Hall on the sovereign's Sandringham Estate, where the royal family traditionally spends Christmas.
William spent time at the 10-bedroom late-Georgian mansion as a boy, when it was being leased by family friends, the Daily Express newspaper reported.
There is a swimming pool, tennis court, stable block, conservatory and even a bell tower at the property, which is set at the end of a gravel driveway, close to a church and about 3km from Sandringham House.
While a source said the property has been "earmarked" for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, it is unlikely the popular royals will take up residence for some years, with the current lease due to expire in 2017.
Late in 2012 William and Catherine will move into a freshly-renovated apartment at London's Kensington Palace, which will become their official city residence.
The Cambridges currently have a country house in Wales, close by the base where William works as a search and rescue helicopter pilot. They also have a cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace."

From NZ Newswire

Old 01-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Courtier

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...al-family.html
Seems Anmer Hall is more than speculation

Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I believe it's only speculation as well

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Royal experts have been sceptical about Anmer Hall so far because it's quite open and exposed but this adds weight to the speculation.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Anmer Hall looks like a truly beautiful residence. I hope it's theirs- I'd enjoy seeing more pictures of it.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I believe it's only speculation as well

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Royal experts have been sceptical about Anmer Hall so far because it's quite open and exposed but this adds weight to the speculation.
I also think that this is mere speculation. I would expect the Cambridge couple to get a property, at the appropriate time, to the West of London, and withibn comfortable driving distance of Windsor, Highgrove and the Middleton home. This is the region the couple both grew up in, where their parents live, and is easier to get to from KP. Norfolk is quite remote to the N-E of London, and I think Sandringham is quite difficult to drive to (unless you get the train from Liverpool St, as HM does every year) as the roads in Norfolk are provincial, with motorways few and far between. This is one of the reasons I think you may seem them take over the tennancy at the property in Herefordshire that the Duchy of Cornwall developed a few years ago.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Majesty

Sandringham submits plans for changes at Anmer Hall - ready for new royal residents?:
Sandringham submits plans for changes at Anmer Hall - ready for new royal residents? - News - Eastern Daily Press
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sandringham submits plans for changes at Anmer Hall - ready for new royal residents?:
Sandringham submits plans for changes at Anmer Hall - ready for new royal residents? - News - Eastern Daily Press
If one does a google or any kind of an internet search for this property, they will learn for themselves that its not only in use as a residence right now but is also hosts a reputable business in Norfolk. Its my understanding that their lease expires in 2017.

ETA: the company in residence has its own website. The Queen owns the property and the estate is run by Philip. These are people reported over the years to be wise and frugal. Reports were made that the Queen even has had the heat reduced at the Big House. It just doesn't make sense to me that she would think it wise to turn out or not renew a lease on a place that is settled and a part of Norfolk business unless the holders of the lease have informed their landlord of plans to retire and/or relocate. To me, gifting of a part of her working estate to a grandson that may or may not even use it much doesn't sound in character with either HM or the DoE.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Courtier

BBC News - William and Kate rumoured to be moving to Anmer Hall
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I also think that this is mere speculation. I would expect the Cambridge couple to get a property, at the appropriate time, to the West of London, and withibn comfortable driving distance of Windsor, Highgrove and the Middleton home. This is the region the couple both grew up in, where their parents live, and is easier to get to from KP. Norfolk is quite remote to the N-E of London, and I think Sandringham is quite difficult to drive to (unless you get the train from Liverpool St, as HM does every year) as the roads in Norfolk are provincial, with motorways few and far between. This is one of the reasons I think you may seem them take over the tennancy at the property in Herefordshire that the Duchy of Cornwall developed a few years ago.
I also think they will get a property closer to London maybe you are right about the property in Herthforshire.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Majesty

BBC News Video:
William and Kate rumoured to be moving to Anmer Hall:
BBC News - William and Kate rumoured to be moving to Anmer Hall

Secret planning application to boost privacy at ten bed mansion Queen reportedly gifting to Duke and Duchess:
Secret planning application to boost privacy at ten bed mansion Queen reportedly gifting to Duke and Duchess | Mail Online

I think if the rumor isn't true, I think the Palace should at least brief the royal correspondents at their meetings to comfirm or deny the story.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Courtier

I think if it wasn't true, at this point, the the Palace and/or the current residents would comment. Presumably William was gifted a property on Sandringham last year for his 30th birthday. Could assume these discussions have been going on for some time. The current tenants may have even started this by asking to leave early - perhaps they have outgrown the property. Or if William had specifically asked about Anmer Hall, the estates may have contacted the current tenants and worked out a transition plan.

Either way - I think the lack of comment by the palace (at the very least to protect their existing tenant from the increasing aggravation of the speculation) is making me believe this is a credible possibility.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think if it wasn't true, at this point, the the Palace and/or the current residents would comment. Presumably William was gifted a property on Sandringham last year for his 30th birthday. Could assume these discussions have been going on for some time. The current tenants may have even started this by asking to leave early - perhaps they have outgrown the property. Or if William had specifically asked about Anmer Hall, the estates may have contacted the current tenants and worked out a transition plan.

Either way - I think the lack of comment by the palace (at the very least to protect their existing tenant from the increasing aggravation of the speculation) is making me believe this is a credible possibility.
Heaven to murgatroids! I heard that Richard Branson and the Queen got in a private meeting together. Its been speculated that there are plans in the works for an estate to be built in HM's newly named land in Antartica.to be completed in the year 2025. The plans include, sources say, a base for travel to the newly formed estate plans on the moon also names after HM.

And.. if you believe this, I have an air guitar in perfect condition I'm willing to ship to you for only $99.95.

Speculations are easy. Sometimes ferreting out the real facts aren't.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Majesty

That's why I said that the royal correspondents should ask the royal aides in their weekly or monthly meetings about this rumor. That way the royal correspondents can comfirm or deny these stories. If not true, I think the media attention could become a bother to the estates current tenants.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Technically - for all we know he could have been gifted the deed to Anmer last year - knowing he would get the income from it until the lease was up.

It's all unknown because the Palace just does not announce this kind of thing.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That's why I said that the royal orrespcondents should ask the royal aides in their weekly or monthly meetings about this rumor. That way the royal correspondents can comfirm or deny these stories. If not true, I think the media attention could become a bother to the estates current tenants.
IIRC, anyone that even remotely works for the BRF, to the extent of the person in charge of dumping their garbage, are bound by a legal "gag" order or agreement not to talk about anything they've come to "know" while working for them.

A royal correspondant is with the press and is a word for a reporter that follows the goings on of the royals. A royal aide, secretary, cook, lady in waiting or corgi feeder and walker are employed by the BRF and sign a waiver of non disclosure.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Someone who works in a royal palace, from The Queens dresser down to the pot washer is never going to breath a word of what they hear to a journalist. They won't confirm or deny anything for anyone.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Majesty

No, what i'm saying is that the royal correspondents attends the press meetings at the palaces. Members of the press often ask the palace press officers about certain things and the official press officers often give them some info on certain things.

I'm sure BBC's Peter Hunt, Richard Palmer, Robert Jobson or Paul Harrison can ask them about this story.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I'm sure BBC's Peter Hunt, Richard Palmer, Robert Jobson or Paul Harrison can ask them about this story.
Pretty sure they're just going to say something along the lines of "maybe" simply because it's easier to keep the press guessing about things, then letting them know and stalking a place out.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Heaven to murgatroids! I heard that Richard Branson and the Queen got in a private meeting together. Its been speculated that there are plans in the works for an estate to be built in HM's newly named land in Antartica.to be completed in the year 2025. The plans include, sources say, a base for travel to the newly formed estate plans on the moon also names after HM.

And.. if you believe this, I have an air guitar in perfect condition I'm willing to ship to you for only $99.95.
What! That's not true - but I want it to be true.

I heard Will and Kate were getting Edina Monsoon's fabulous home in Holland Park.

Oh, well, whatever place they are getting, I'm sure it will be wonderful. I only wish we could have a tour.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, what i'm saying is that the royal correspondents attends the press meetings at the palaces. Members of the press often ask the palace press officers about certain things and the official press officers often give them some info on certain things.

Usually when there's an annoucment such as William and Kate's engagement, the press are given a heads up to get their ducks in a row for an official announcement. If they attend a press meeting at the palace, the ducks all in a row hear the same thing and then go and write what they heard and saw in their own words.

Those announcements usually state that the Queen or Clarence House or SJP has stated and whatever else follows is reported as fact.

I really don't think that the palace PR people meet with a public fact telling gaggle of press unless its official. Its the reporters that are a part of the press. the newspapers and the go getters for news. The palace has professionals that are in charge of public relations. They handle the press and what to let be known public and what not to. I'd not like that job much to be honest. I'd sell my grandmother's pet poodle for a donut right now.