Wales Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find the express article's line about modern art an antique furniture funny. I would think it would be the other way around- modern furniture and antique art. You have Lupo and George with possible siblings running around, you are not going to have George IV's vase or queen Victoria's chair in your family room.

The reception rooms that will be used for royal functions is where the antiques should be used.

I find the express article's line about modern art an antique furniture funny. I would think it would be the other way around- modern furniture and antique art. You have Lupo and George with possible siblings running around, you are not going to have George IV's vase or queen Victoria's chair in your family room.

I remember Prince Andrew saying that he and Edward would play football in the corridors with the antiques and nothing was ever broken so it can be done.

I hope that we'll get a glimpse of the interior of their appartment one day.

I hope that we'll get a glimpse of the interior of their appartment one day.

We may get some photos from occasions such as the gala dinner they're hosting but as far as their private living quarters, I think they'll be sacrosanct and totally kept away from public view. Same thing with Anmer Hall once they take up residence there.

In a world where every step they take can be beamed across the world instantly, they've got to have some modicum of privacy and I think their residences will provide that.

Methinks that at some point someone will come in during a large gathering with a hidden camera, snap a whole bunch of photos, and sell them.

Breach of privacy? Yes.

Is it inevitable? Yes, IMHO.

Methinks that at some point someone will come in during a large gathering with a hidden camera, snap a whole bunch of photos, and sell them.

Breach of privacy? Yes.

Is it inevitable? Yes, IMHO.

That would happen in the public rooms that will be seen anyway, ie the charity event towards the end of October. not their personal space.

Only exception I see is if authorised photos are taken as per when William was a baby.

Only exception I see is if authorised photos are taken as per when William was a baby.

I remember those sessions taken with William and Harry as kids and if I remember right, the backgrounds were not something you'd really notice. Playing on the lawn, at a piano, sitting on couch and such.

The only pictures I can remember seeing that really showed the apartments at KP are the ones of Diana's apartment which was redecorated right around the time of her accident. Paul Burrell took the photos after she died and before the apartment was cleaned out.

I think William would streak naked through Westminster Abbey before he would consent to having his home displayed publically ala Homes & Gardens. ;)

You know it will happen. There will always be someone taking pictures for profit so, I dont doubt we will be seeing the interior of the home. Sad but true.

You know it will happen. There will always be someone taking pictures for profit so, I dont doubt we will be seeing the interior of the home. Sad but true.

From what I understand, the security at KP is pretty tight and to reach the royal resident area, I do believe one has to pass through a gate (?). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this. KP is a large area and the public areas are totally separate from the residential. If I'm not mistaken, the gala dinner the Cambridges are hosting are being held in the public area of KP.

Come to think of it, all this time they've been living at Nottingham, we've only caught a few shots of the exterior of the home and the area where a helicopter can land.

Now watch, I've gone and said something and tomorrow there'll be a 10 page spread on the newly decorated apartment 1A and the total plans for Amner Hall. Its been that kind of week for me. :whistling:

Any charity events, galas, receptions they hold at KP will be held in the state apartments there, not in their actual house. All of the private apartments at KP used by members of the royal family are fairly grand but the state apartments, just like those at Buckingham and St James' palaces are much more suited to hosting events for a lot of people. I think in the years to come we will see bits and peices from inside their homes but I think PW will keep this even more private than his prents did or even princess margaret did when she lived in that apartment.

Take this with a grain of salt but...

Kate Middleton and Prince William are throwing a little house-warming party at their new home at Kensington Palace.
We say little, but let’s not kid ourselves, this party won’t be your average house-warming party with beers and people sat on deck chairs while the furniture removal van brings the furniture a day late. This is going to be a proper Royal affair.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are going all out with their house-warming party by having none other than Jon Bon Jovi perform a special gig.
A source spoke to Hello! magazine and claimed that guests will pay a staggering £5000 for a ticket to the party and said:
“This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime event that cannot be missed. Kensington Palace will be decorated as never before, in the style of Doctor Zhivago’s winter ice palace, covered in falling snow.”
Action on Addiction is one of the many charities to benefit from the event.

Bon Jovi to perform at The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge housewarming party | Unreality TV

Just to clarify a misconception. This party will not be held in the Cambridge's residential apartment but rather in another part of Kensington Palace that is open to the public along with having state rooms in which to hold a party as grand as this one.

From the article:

"The palace’s State Apartments will play host to the lavish event with a champagne reception in the King’s Gallery ballroom and the couple will host a dinner before the proceedings move outside to the gardens into a marquee where Bon Jovi will perform."

The Express has a similar story but it is not as class baiting as the DM and has a quote from a named individual who hasn't heard grumblings and thinks the tile will fade with time.

Heaps of buildings in Norfolk are roofed with red tiles, identical to the new roof at Anmer Hall. They may seem a little brash when new, but 2 or 3 years in the bracing Norfolk, coastine climate will weather them nicely, and they will blend in perfectly.

Big fuss about about NOTHING {comme d'hab with the Daily Mail}.

Besides those roof tiles will weather into a lovely color I bet.

LaRae

See: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.834,0.5797&q=loc:52.834,0.5797&hl=en&t=m&z=15

Cepe's right -plus

• Tile color matches the arches above the windows. The color is pre-existing.
  • Closest neighbors are at least 700 feet away, At 700 ft - colors are well muted.
I'm glad they are getting tiles - much lower fire risk for the two heirs. No doubt the tiles are engineered to have some insulation value as well.

It would be lovely to write at the DM and just make up silly issues, then write about them. Except, I'd completely disgust myself, of course.

Of course it's a made-up story, can you imagine Kate choosing the tiles on catalog and saying "oh red would be lovely". That's ridiculous.
Anmer Hall is an historical building. You simply can't do whatever you want, even if you are the Duchess of Cambridge. All the work is under the control of an architect from the royal estate.
Plus the daughter in law of the Prince of Wales would certainly not harm any listed building for her own family's sake ...:ROFLMAO:

The property is still owned by HMQ and the work will be supervised by her Land Manager. Nothing to do with the Duchess at all. This is typical of the DM.

The DM seems particularly keen on taking down Kate these days. One scathing article after another. Some of it arguably within the bounds of fair point - others, like this one and the article about gray hairs (I mean, really?) just vicious.

Why is this? Seems that this is the larger point than the color of the roof tiles.

The DM seems particularly keen on taking down Kate these days. One scathing article after another. Some of it arguably within the bounds of fair point - others, like this one and the article about gray hairs (I mean, really?) just vicious.

Why is this? Seems that this is the larger point than the color of the roof tiles.

Might have something to do with the fact that Katie Nicholls is back writing for the DM.

Back
Top Bottom